[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Ubuntu GNOME, Fedora or openSUSE? Archentoo fags need not apply

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

File: opensuse-vs-ubuntu.png (17KB, 400x160px) Image search: [Google]
opensuse-vs-ubuntu.png
17KB, 400x160px
Ubuntu GNOME, Fedora or openSUSE?
Archentoo fags need not apply because I want something that actually works.
>>
install gentoo
>>
Ubuntu Gnome is buggy, clunky trash, Fedora is a testing bed, and openSuse is clunky, buggy trash.
>>
>>57042878
but arch and gentoo are the only distros that actually works.
>>
>>57042878
Install Debian
>>
>>57042878
still falling for the arch is broken meme
>>
>>57042927
>gnome is a buggy piece of turd
fixed
>>
Funtoo.
>>
If you going with gnome, know that Ubuntu Gnome is the worst choice.
>>
>>57042878
Never use gnome
>>
My experience with gnome:

>Not enough good themes, the same 4 that everyone uses now and the default one which is silly
>Slow, on a 280x animations do lag quite a bit
>Have to install a fucking plugin just to disable a hot corner
>Have to install a browser extension just to download said plugins
>Uncustomizable menu, so it's kind of important to get rid of it and get the classic version
>Oh by the way did you like that theme? You're stick with this font on the top bar which doesn't match. Better edit that manually
>Here's a software center that barely works

This shit is dumb as fuck. I would go as far as to say that it's dumber than Unity. Because Unity isn't that customizable, but at least it fucking sticks with it and works.
>>
>>57042878
None of them sound good to be honest. The packages on Ubuntu are so old that you sometimes have problems with dependencies, it's also pretty buggy ime. Not to mention that Ubuntu uses some modified core libs (which is why Unity isn't available anywhere else btw, their implementation is just so horrible). openSUSE has some strange defaults (eg. Wicked vs NetworkManager) and suffers from a lot of KDE bugs (if you use the default version) and some of their own. The GNOME version is also not that great from what I've heard, soo... I've heard a lot of positive things concerning Fedora, but also that it's a testing distro and might sometimes break. How about a preconfigured Arch environment which is not rolling-release like Manjaro?
>>
>>57042878
From those options, go with Fedora.
>>
>>57042878
Ubuntu Gnome: Ubuntu is most used, Gnome is okay
Fedora: Haven't used it in a long while
openSUSE: am currently happy on Tumbleweed, proper GUI for system tasks, Snapper for restoring shit when you mess up after update
>>
>>57042878
install openSUSE. Even if you go with GNOME, you want have any problems. The best thing is that if you get bored with GNOME, just remove it with YaST and install the DE of your choice.(YaST can alos be run at the terminal if you dont like DEs)
>>
>>57043162
how about testing before actually projecting? Why do you hear instead of doing?
>>
>>57042878
OpenSUSE. Although Ubuntu has a lot more users which makes it easier to troubleshoot for problems if you've never used Linux.
>>
>>57043427
I wrote about the things I have personal experience with and mentioned some of the things I've heard other people struggle with. I did not claim that they were my experiences. Did I insult your favorite distro or what?
>>
>>57043464
>Did I insult your favorite distro or what?
We are not 3 year olds. It has nothing to do with "favorite disro" ,but more about facts. You can't just express opinions on things you have heard. It is the same as shilling in /pol/
>>
>>57042878
slackware
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.