[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>OS class >Teacher says that "those Linux people are

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

File: enough.png (6KB, 724x552px) Image search: [Google]
enough.png
6KB, 724x552px
>OS class
>Teacher says that "those Linux people are stupid idiots, because having transparency of the source code with all of its users is a detriment to security."
>He works at BitDefender
>Another teacher mentions Google 5 times a minute, to explain how data centers work.
>

Do companies pay teachers to say this kind of shit?
>>
File: 1474840212705.jpg (195KB, 791x568px) Image search: [Google]
1474840212705.jpg
195KB, 791x568px
>>57040458
>Do companies pay teachers to say this kind of shit?
it's not companies
>>
File: 1368860729795.gif (519KB, 350x265px) Image search: [Google]
1368860729795.gif
519KB, 350x265px
Have you called the teacher out on their bullshit yet or do you live in Triggeringsafespace-vania?
>>
Kek conspiratard get in your cuckshed.
He mentions Google because it's largest tech company in the world.
>>
>>57040589
OK. Let's continue the list.
>Get called out for using VIM instead of Visual Studio.
>Get called out for using Linux instead of Windows.
>Get called out for using Latex instead of Word.
There is also a heavy Micro$oft influence in the CS department of basically any university.
They are basically sucking away any kind of individuality out of the students.
>>
What type of teacher?

At a public K - 12 school they probably got shoved in there and didn't know fuck all. You should count your blessings if you have one that knows what they are doing or really tries to learn.

Uni/College? It's a shill.
>>
I remember my first day in the computer lab with our new C++ instructor, let's call him 'Pajeet'. Someone asked him who invented C. He looked a little confused for a minute and said, "Well, Microsoft." I dropped the class.
>>
>>57040458
What's wrong with the Google part? Google have the biggest and most advanced data centers in the world
>>
>>57040712
It's the way he uses Google in every sentence. The things he teaches in 2 hours you could learn in 20 minutes from a Google I/O presentation
>>
>>
>>57040458
>implying they're wrong
>>
>>57040612
Probably because they're most popular.
But fuck them for calling you out.
I get same type of shit with my friends.
"Whoa Anon, what's that"
"Hehe that's Linux"
"Linux???" and I get those looks of disgust.
I wonder what was happening in their heads.
>>
>>57040612
>he uses vim
>he uses LaTeX for word processing and not formatting after he's done
>>
At my uni we had loonix classes.
Our teacher asked us jokingly if we updated Ubuntu (when new version came out)
Good times.
Now I am wagecuck.
>>
>>57041004
That's because all the documents we write are written during an entire semester. That's why it's much better to use latex, in case you change the paragraph order and what not.
>>
>>57040612
Where the hell do you go?
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.