[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Did you guys see the Cyanogen Inc. news? >http://www.and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: nexus2cee_cyngn_thumb-728x429.png (266KB, 728x429px) Image search: [Google]
nexus2cee_cyngn_thumb-728x429.png
266KB, 728x429px
Did you guys see the Cyanogen Inc. news?

>http://www.androidpolice.com/2016/10/10/cyanogen-inc-announces-modular-os-program-reorganizes-company/

They're stopping the Cyanogen OS project, and are opting out for selling apps and "dynamic modules" to OEMs to use in their firmware. Jesus, I feel sorry for these guys.
>>
k
>>
Can Cyanogenmod sue them for stealing the name?
>>
>>57039176

everyone has to eat, money don't grow on trees.
>>
Meh.

1. There are lots of other good Android roms.
2. They tried to make a buck off of the work of hobbyists and devs who did it all for free. Fuck 'em.
3. Free Cyanogenmod has always been most developed and maintained by enthusiasts and hobbyists. They're not going anywhere. Free Cyanogenmod probably isn't going away any time soon.
4. Screw "Cyanogen OS". It failed. "Cyanogen Modular" will likely fail too. Suits me. Screw everybody who tries to profit from the free work of others.
>>
>>57039432
Aren't they the owners of the jenkins servers right now? If they decide to shut it down it would have a bit of an impact on the CM community.

Granted, they will recover sooner or later, but..
>>
>>57039206
Impossible, CyanogenMod came first.
Cyanogen Inc is based off CM
>>
>>57039206
Wow disregard my last post, I'm fucking retarded and completely misinterpreted your question. As for the answer, considering CM is just a community effort I doubt they'd want to pursue legal action against a bigger (albeit trash) company and I doubt they'd get much out of trying anyway.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.