[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

why do all browsers suck? the current web atmosphere has people

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 5

File: mike-pence.jpg (135KB, 600x549px) Image search: [Google]
mike-pence.jpg
135KB, 600x549px
why do all browsers suck?

the current web atmosphere has people opening multiple tabs in a single session. why do browsers go to a slow crawl so easily now?

seriously. let's discuss it.

my theory that websites are full of nonsense bloat nowadays. what do you think?
>>
File: safari.png (43KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
safari.png
43KB, 600x600px
>>57036413
Safari's the only one that doesn't suck. It's small, fast, renderes everything perfectly, preserves battery life like no other browser, uses the least amount of RAM etc etc.

but it fuckign sucks that I can only run it inside of a VM.
>>
>>57036413
Blame SJW coders. They are more concerned with removing "master" and "slave" references from their code.
>>
Just use an older version of firefox and dont go to any dodgy websites.
>>
>>57036437
>Safari's the only one that doesn't suck.
Are you retarded?
>>
>>57036413

"bloat" is the stupidest thought-terminating cliche of /g/ and tech circles in general. nobody actually has a hard definition of what "bloat" is, except "the features of the software that I happen not to use".

also, nobody ever seems to realize that in most cases, the features of software you don't use don't incur any cost because you never actually run them, they only take up space on disk, which we have terabytes of these days.
>>
>>57036494
that's not an argument.
>>
>>57036413
>why do browsers go to a slow crawl so easily now?

the over usage of javascript on modern web pages
>>
File: trump-pence2.png (319KB, 1490x689px) Image search: [Google]
trump-pence2.png
319KB, 1490x689px
>>57036413

s m u g p e n c e
>>
>>57036413
>why do all browsers suck?
Because you fucks vote Democrat.
PC culture favors hiring incompetent diverse crowd instead of smart people who know their shit.
>>
>>57036413
>my theory that websites are full of nonsense bloat nowadays. what do you think?
Define "bloat."
Is it CSS? If so, is CSS-less design a positive?
Cookies? For what?
Login scripts? If so, what should replace them?
Comment tools? What should be done?
Ads? Why do you not use a blocking tool?
>>
>>57036527
Bloat: Installing windows 10 and getting ads in the start menu
>>
>The current web atmosphere has people opening multiple tabs in a single session. Why do browsers go to a slow crawl so easily now?

Kind of answered your own question. My $0.02:
Networks and hardware are improving. As they do, web designers who want "cutting edge" shit on their resume will design pages to max out the capacity of new technology. They also forego clever design with the expectation that new tech will pick up the slack e.g. expecting the user to open 6 tabs on the same site. That in turn increases demand for overpowered hardware. Demand for better networks raises as well, and local monopolies can offer just under what modern websites use and charge you your firstborn for it. And now, a new generation of webdevs need new exciting things on their resume, and the retarded cycle continues.
>>
>>57036709
>Because you fucks vote Democrat.

Really? Even like all the Canadians, Europeans, Australians, etc.?

And lets be clear on something here. You alt-right types, just like the religious right don't actually have a problem with political correctness. You want to control the language and by extension, the thoughts of everyone just as much as the liberals do, if not more so. A right winger is a right winger.

What you do have a problem with is that the current socio-political climate has put you on the losing side of things. You have no problem with the idea of controlling, manipulating, and silencing people whom you disagree with, you just don't like when you are on the receiving end.
>>
>>57036413
>why do all browsers suck?
Not so much the browsers fault. It's all the shit web developers , web sites, media attachments. I have to use so many add ons to FF it's crazy.
>>
>>57036802

I am running Windows 10 and I am seeing precisely zero advertisements in my Start Menu.
>>
>>57036413
servo should be good once it's out, but to be succinct in answering why they slow to a crawl, javascript
>>
File: image.jpg (16KB, 276x196px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
16KB, 276x196px
Is there a better example of cuckoldry than using windows 10 voluntarily?

>let's be honest here
>>
>>57038256
thanks for correcting the record. do you fags even get paid outside of /pol/?
>>
>>57036413

>anything but pure html

bloat
>>
>>57036527
>install vista
>pre-installed clock widget
>pre-isntalled local weather and news widget
>open up yahoo to check my email
>dozens of links to love, finance, auto, business, weather, what's buzzing, etc etc
>huge image of latest yahoo news article
>go to google.com
>fucking loads a video to commemorate the 100th death anniversary of some fuck

For someone who has a lower end computer and shitty internet, this bloat shit gets really annoying really fast
>>
>>57038286
>mocks web devs for bloat
>uses many addons to FF

Jfc senpai

(granted Web devs do suck, many sites do web bad, others do it great)

>>57036413
Honestly, i think it's because HTML\HTTP wasn't designed to do what we want the modern web to do efficiently, so we bastardize it and make new standards and paradigms to make things work.

Like someone said we do too much JS front end stuff, and it's true, but like the idea is far better. Send a little HTML\CSS\JS, then send a little JSON that holds data and the front end will render it.

It's far more efficient for data as less data is being sent down the wire vs say a server side rendered HTML page which takes more to send (not to mention build out server side). Servers could handle more people if we did things this way.

There's shit like Webcomponents which is kinda what i'd like us to go to, but it too is a fixit on an existing problem. And i think honestly, if there was a new system, if done right, you can make it work on even older platforms. (or some people just stay on HTML\HTTP, w/e)
>>
>>57038509

Newer software has higher system requirements. How is this a surprise to you? The only crime here is that Vista had too low system requirements, and that was only because OEM's bitched at Microsoft about it.

>>57038381

So you don't actually have a rebuttal, just name calling another anon who has just as much of a chance of being a paid shill are you are.
>>
File: Clipboard01.png (5KB, 423x141px) Image search: [Google]
Clipboard01.png
5KB, 423x141px
>>57036413
>why do browsers go to a slow crawl so easily now?
Maybe your PC just sucks.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.