[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey guys, i have a 2nd round interview tommorow for a QA position.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: 1476231581134s.jpg (6KB, 200x250px) Image search: [Google]
1476231581134s.jpg
6KB, 200x250px
Hey guys, i have a 2nd round interview tommorow for a QA position. i was told that i would be given a laptop with a pre-installed application and would have to test it for defects. The more defects that i find the better my score.

So i was wondering if any of you have done anything similar, and what are some common defects to look out for?

Thanks
>>
>>57036042
you're being used as a beta tester
>>
>>57036042
fuck off thumbnail faggot
>>
>Improper image scaling is often a problem
>not using regexes? \d+s\..*
>bounds checking? height > 250
>>
>>57036042
Yes. Be observant. Be systematic. Don't be a moron.

Doing it once should be easy. Doing it repeatedly is almost as easy. Doing it for hours at a time, day in day out, will kill any sane person.

Use the job as a stepping stone. Make sure you're out of a testing role within 18 months, or you'll end up throwing yourself Infront of the morning express train.
>>
>>57036469

yea thats my plan. This is just an entry level job to get my foot in the door. Will try to move to a different role when i can
>>
>>57036042
Make note of the UI elements and features and make a mental list and try to systematically go through them. Then, put yourself in the shoes of the worlds biggest retard and do everything you can, within the bounds of the software, to break it. Literally just do the most retarded shit and make sure you can recreate the event if you find a bug.
>>
>>57036909
>>57036042
Also, take a minute to figure out the actual usage scenario of the application if you aren't told.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.