[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why was this so successful? Was it because it was the first

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_20161012_102324_960.jpg (615KB, 2468x1276px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20161012_102324_960.jpg
615KB, 2468x1276px
Why was this so successful?
Was it because it was the first affordable portable smart device?

Still browses 4chan just fine 12 years after it was released
>>
File: IMG_20161012_101904_345.jpg (2MB, 1725x3120px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20161012_101904_345.jpg
2MB, 1725x3120px
>>57034997
>>
Ps1 games
>>
How do you get one to connect to a WPA-secured network?
>>
it was a great device for its time. great screen, good emulator up till ps1 games and it had some decent games too (well 10 or so to be fair)
>>
>>57034997
the big innovation the original iphone brought was the use of the powervr gpu it was packing. light years ahead of other phones in the market at the time. rendering the entire ui in 3d made the entire system smooth as butter. other than that it was the battery tech apple was able to bring to the table (it helps their ipod line helped fund the r&d for it up to that point)
>>
Sony either ignored or was incompetent enough to leave code exploits in, letting other coders program on it. It's almost like the first open source game platform with mainstream support.

I loved my hacked PSP.
>>
This was back before everyone had an mp3 player and shit, back then a big screen and multimedia features actually meant something.
>>
can that shit emultae snes/n64 and gameboy games? always wanted one cause i knew tons of people with hacked ones who used to play ps1 games but i was rat poor back then
>>
>>57034997
It was a blunder to end all blunders (and then the vita came along). It moved 0 products and the only reason anyone even considered buying it was to emulate games from older consoles. That's how horrible it was.
>>
>>57035718
Yep. Struggles with n64 though but some games run great. On my psp 1000 I can do Super Mario, Mario party, and Mario kart, and smash bros.

The 2000 and up models should be better because they have more ram
>>
It's only good hacked. And it takes about 3 minutes to hack.
>>
>>57034997

the psp was my first private portal to the internet. i loved it so dearly.
>>
>>57035820

this is factually not true, it was intensely popular with a good segment of highschool kids... for years.
>>
I love that thing. A multimedia device back in the mid 2000s was so good. Decent gaming platform. Back in high school I installed the tv tuner thing and would fuck with the teachers tv and shut it off.
>>
>>57034997
I kept using mine until it died last month.
>>
>>57035004
fpbp
>>
>>57035984
My sides!
>>
>>57036329

i was there, you dumb kid.
>>
on the go emulation and homebrew machine

miss mine, only modern equivalent is Nvidia shield and its the bulkies tpiece of shit
>>
being super cheap, portable and with physical buttons, i can't think of a better emulation machine.
>>
File: 1473571014671.png (456KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
1473571014671.png
456KB, 480x480px
>>57034997
>MFW i still have a pandoras battery
>>
>>57034997
>Why was this so successful?

For a time the homebrew community was AMAZING

In a time before smartphones and their app stores you could find little programs to do almost anything for your PSP
>>
>>57036399
>Tfw I was too poor to buy a Pandoras Battery, so I had to wait for softmod
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.