[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So what does it mean that Verizon will "be in charge"

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

So what does it mean that Verizon will "be in charge" of the updates for the Pixel?
Does that mean I won't actually get stock android but some fucked up Verizon version of Android like on the Galaxy phones?
The only reason I was remotely interested in the Pixel was because of 100% stock Android.
>>
>>57033743
it means bloatware
>>
>>57033743
B L O A T
L
O
A
T
>>
>>57033743
You'll get updates when Verizon decides you do. Shit started with the Nexus 6. Total joke. iOS has become the only pure operating system for people who don't want carriers meddling.
>>
>being american
>not living in a country where forced mobile providers is illegal
>>
Why does this even happen?
>>
Just get CM, you cuck.
>>
>>57034318
>what is CM
>>
File: 1474074531521-g.jpg (130KB, 800x534px) Image search: [Google]
1474074531521-g.jpg
130KB, 800x534px
>>57035771
>>57035804
This is why Android is usually never popular with standard users who are on the fence between Android and Apple. Or who are looking to try and leave Apple.

>phone is slow, laggy, and bloated with carrier garbage.
>battery life is atrocious
Lol just go on XDA, find your EXACT phone model, hopefully there is CM available. If not you're reliant on pajeet made ROMs of questionable reliability. Oh and by the way you phone needs either an unlocked bootloader and/or root. Plus you need to flash custom recovery such as TWRP or clockwork. THEN you can potentially flash a new version of Android. Then and only then is your phone truly usable.

Or

>Normie finally sees the difference between carrier garbage and pure Android based devices ( Nexus, Pixel).
>phones start at $500 when they're released

At this point most are turned off by the whole "entry fee" of an Android device. Leaving what they know, migrating data, learning a whole new OS. Etc.

I see why most people just buy Apple or iPhones honestly. Easy to use, IOS is "pure" compared to Android. This is all coming from someone who has owned nothing but Android phones. The barrier to "unlocking" a non bloated, non shit Android experience is too big for many to bother with.
>>
>>57033743
>>57033885
>>57034038
>>57034318
>>57035130
>>57035413
>>57035771
>>57035804

Are /g/tards really this stupid now? You will get updates from Verizon IF YOU BUY THE PHONE FROM VERIZON. OBVIOUSLY YOU SHOULD GET IT FROM THE GOOGLE STORE FOR UPDATES DIRECTLY FROM GOOGLE
>>
File: image.png (539KB, 770x2013px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
539KB, 770x2013px
>>
>>57033743
>So what does it mean that Verizon will "be in charge" of the updates for the Pixel?
it means that your phone will never get updates, like how all versions of the moto e and g got marshmallow the same time my droid turbo got lollipop
>>
>>57035914
>>battery life is atrocious
that's the iphone though

delete that line and you're correct
>>
>>57035771
>>57035804
How quick do CM OTA updates come after Android updates are released? Part of my attraction for Google phones is how bleeding edge they are.
>>
>>57033743
Only if you buy the Verizon version of the Pixel. If you buy it directly from Google, you'll get updates directly from Google.
>>
>>57036885
> recommending a budget phone
Some of us actually make more than minimum wage.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.