[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is there a phone with a removable microphone or with a physical

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 2

File: 124235326.jpg (123KB, 600x426px) Image search: [Google]
124235326.jpg
123KB, 600x426px
Is there a phone with a removable microphone or with a physical on/off switch? (Like the on/off wifi switch on laptops)
>>
Yeah most phones have a power button
>>
>>57032949
Open the phone and desolder the mic
>>
>>57032949

No.
>>
>>57032949
>phone without microphone
why
>>
>>57032962
Not what I was asking. Also your microphone can be accessed even when your phone is off and in some cases even when your battery is removed.
>>57032978
That would be very impractical when trying to make a call.
>>
>>57032990
I do not want a phone without a microphone... I want a phone with a microphone that can be easily removed (as in plug in and out) or the circuit can be physically disconnected with a switch.
>>
>>57033025
Why?
>>
>>57033047
Because I don't like the idea that someone can have access to my everyday conversations without my permission.
>>
>>57032949
>buy phone with removable battery and bootloader unlock
>flash custom rom
>remove battery when not in use
>problem solved
>>
>>57033025
There is no such phone in existence. You will either have to permanently remove the microphone or hard wire a switch in which in and of itself may not be possible depending on the board design.
>>
>>57033073
Maximum autism.
>>
>>57033100
A shame.
Seems this guy is on the same wavelength https://hackaday.com/2009/09/14/disabling-your-cell-phones-mic-for-security/
Unfortunately I don't yet know how to solder or make such a switch, but it will be a fun project I guess.
PS: To everyone browsing this thread, I'm not as paranoid as I seem. I just think your rights shouldn't be given away for no good reason.
>>
>>57032997
>Also your microphone can be accessed even when your phone is off and in some cases even when your battery is removed.
Fucking hell, you are a moron.
>>
>>57033073
delusional paranoia. the guberment dont care about your anime phone convos anyway
>>
>>57033233
There's nothing like a healthy dose of paranoia. Also it's not about whether they care or not. It's about whether they can or not.
>>57033220
I'm not trying to persuade anyone about whether that's true or not. I think you're a bit naive though.
>>
>>57032949
Shouldn't you in theory be able to completely remove the mic's firmware/drivers/whatever phones have?
Maybe write a program that removes/reinstalls without much hassle?

But I really don't know how that shit works. So it probably doesn't.
>>
modular smartphones are a meme that will never be done properly

you're lucky they (sometimes) let you have a removable battery
>>
>>57032997
How could someone access your phone remotely with the battery removed you fucking tard
>>
>>57033313
>'m not trying to persuade anyone about whether that's true or not.
Because you can't.
> I think you're a bit naive though.
I am certainly not worried about your opinion.
>>
>>57033448
Not OP.
But didn't iPhones have some separate battery connected to the GPS so you could track the phone even if the battery was empty/removed?
>>
>>57033448
I'm not going to spoonfeed you. Google and other search engines exist for a reason.
>>57033471
You obviously do, otherwise you wouldn't have bothered to respond.
>>
Protip: the jew also listens via your speakers.
>>
>>57033542
They also watch you through your screen.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4prl_6eSJLY
>>
>>57033500
>otherwise you wouldn't have bothered to respond.
Really? I couldn't have responded to call you out on how you can't prove your stupid bullshit?
>>
>>57033500
You're an idiot
>>
>>57033313
I agree that it would definitely be a nice feature but how can you trust the manufacturers? It's possible to record sound using a speaker (duckduckgo it if you didn't know) or maybe they'll just build in a hidden second mic

Only way is by soundproofing your phone when you don't need it but still figure out a way to know that it's ringing..

If only there was free opensource hardware too...
>>
Be a Steve Wozniak, and add a kill switch to the kernel
>>
>>57032997
Plug in headphones with mic.
>>
>>57033642
Exactly this.
>>
>>57033642
You just blew my fucking mind.
>>57033598
A second mic wouldn't go unnoticed for long.
>>
>>57033580
>They also watch you through your screen.
lol.
>>
File: 143124235.jpg (587KB, 1500x1143px) Image search: [Google]
143124235.jpg
587KB, 1500x1143px
>>57033714
>he doesn't hang a towel over his monitor when it's not in use
>>
>>57033752
I'd have to be retarded to do that, so I'm glad I don't.
>>
>>57033448
They briefly energize it with a long range pulsed gamma ray laser and then read out the microphone data through reverse-phase interference. This works even if the phone is off or the battery removed. The only ways to prevent it are to remove the mic physically or wrap the phone in foil to block the rays.
>>
>>57032997
If there's no power, how does the mic get power?

Are you baiting? Pls be bait
>>
>>57033714
I had a program back in the late 90s that could reconstruct a blurry picture of you through your monitor. It only worked with CRTs iirc.
>>
>>57033977
They're either ignorant or use sarcasm to mask fear of the fact that some of these claims aren't as outlandish as they seem.
>>57033971
>If there's no power
That's what you assume.
>>
>>57034023
>That's what you assume.
Then where is the power coming from?

3/10 trolling, I'd like to see where this goes.
>>
>>57034206
The circuit between the battery and the microphone is there even when the phone is turned off.
>>
>>57034332
>The circuit between the battery and the microphone is there even when the phone is turned off.
Not when there isn't a battery, jackass. And how is all the drive circuitry going to be powered when the phone is off, anyway? If it's powered, then it's not actually off.
>>
Replaced the screen on my moms lumia 640 the other day. The mic needed to be lifted and put on the new assembly, but no soldering required. Not sure if it will start if the mic isnt in
>>
>>57034332
Do you know what a circuit is? The battery completes the circuit. Without it the circuit is open. Fucking imbecile
Thread posts: 43
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.