[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>AGEISM >SEXISM >SJW'S >OUTSOURCING WHY th

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 2

File: nogoogleforoldmen.png (624KB, 928x323px) Image search: [Google]
nogoogleforoldmen.png
624KB, 928x323px
>AGEISM
>SEXISM
>SJW'S
>OUTSOURCING

WHY the fuck are you dippies even trying to build a career in technology?

LEARN A FUCKING TRADE

START YOUR OWN BUSINESS

At Google, you're an old obsolete relic at age 40.

"Google suffered a setback in an age discrimination suit this week. A judge ruled that other software engineers over age 40 who interviewed with the company but didn't get hired can step forward and join the lawsuit.

The suit was brought by two job applicants, both over the age of 40, who interviewed but weren't offered jobs."

http://www.businessinsider.com/google-loses-ruling-in-age-bias-lawsuit-2016-10
>>
>>57026116
>LEARN A FUCKING TRADE
>START YOUR OWN BUSINESS
Solid advice unfortunately most people don't have what it takes, the self control and discipline to save up to keep a business running properly.
>>
>>57026116
>google rejects incompetent oldfags
>HURR DURR AGEISM
>>
>>57026116
The only way to work for google after 40 is if they buy out your start up that you founded.

>>57026491
If they are qualified (and they are probably over-qualified if they actually got interviews) and they did not get hired due to age, they have a potential case.

Now they can go into google's hiring practices in a court of law.

Should be interesting.
>>
lol old people trying to get in with a technology company

you did this to yourself after 2 decades of holding onto 80s and 90s garbage.

"kids today hurr hurr" and their programming making six figures a year before 25
>>
>>57026116
ive been weening myself off technology since 2013

barely use my phone except for literal shitposting on the toilet or laptop for fapping
>>
>>57026116
Now this is what I fucking call CLASSICISM.
And that's the ultimate form of discrimination!
>>
>>57026116
>just become a plumber bro
>>
>>57026116
To be honest I only got into programming in my edgy teen years so I could become a hacker and get rich. Now that I'm capable of abusing technology I don't want to do it. I knew a lot of little shits who got into carding and they weren't even 18 yet. SJWs wont into infosec, they'll be programming web apps all day, my future is safe i think.
>>
>>57026172
It cost a lot of money to start up and keep running. You might not even make profits for first couple of months to year.

If you don't have deep pockets, you've wasted your life and now you have to pay shitty loans.
>>
>>57026116
I know, I should have gone to culinary school instead.
>>
>ageism
People that old confuse the modern job market with discrimination. Last time they got a job was 10-15 years ago.
>>
>>57026923
Plumbers make lots of money.
>>
>>57026116
Why shouldn't google be allowed to hire whoever they want to employ? Are they going to force google to hire people they don't need or what's the point?
>>
>>57027943
Master plumbers yes

Apprentices make jack shit
>>
>>57026116
If you don't have enough saved by age 40 to retire, you're doing something wrong. Also, I work at Google and 50% of my coworkers on my team are over 40. Sounds like they were incompetent.
>>
>>57026116
>WHY the fuck are you dippies even trying to build a career in technology?

WHY are you still breathing? Stop wasting my oxygen.
>>
>>57026116
>working for dad on fishing boat
>dry docked
>union welders who earn 100 bucks an hour working on boat
>constantly bitch about how they have to work
>union mandated break every two hours
>slacking off all the time
>fucked up seam of a weld 3 times now
>get off at 2pm on the dot
>all while making 800 dollars daily

Damn OP I fucked up being a developer. You are indeed right.
>>
>>57028405
They're referring to new hires, not existing employees.

Pretty much, you're dead in the eyes of Google if you're seeking new employment from them past 40.
>>
>>57026491
>any company rejects incompetent females
>HURR DURR SEXISM
>any company rejects incompetent black people
>HURR DURR RACISM

sound familiar?
>>
>>57028450
The last two people who joined were in theur 50s. It's just useless old fucks who only know FORTRAN and never bother to learn anything else and expect their skills to be relevant pissed off that no one wants to wast money on them.
>>
>>57028454
>any company rejects incompetent race "realists" for nearly leveling the company's rep with their retarded views
>HURR DURR EVIL SJW BOOGEYMAN CENSORING MUH WORKPLACE
>>
>>57026172
>Most people don't have what it takes, the self control and discipline to save up to keep a business running properly.

More like don't have any property or money from their parents.

>Save up
OP says she can't get a job, so save what money exactly?
>>
>>57028510
Except that never happened

The other things happens all the time
>>
>>57026116

>At Google, you're an old obsolete relic at age 40.

Normally 5+ years in the tech industry if you're not working at a new place or in some sort of management position, people start to look at you funny.
>>
>>57028433
Sounds more like you developers should unionize
>>
File: DARPA_ARM_Robot_2.jpg (30KB, 450x471px) Image search: [Google]
DARPA_ARM_Robot_2.jpg
30KB, 450x471px
>>57026116
LEARNING TRADE
TRADE LEARNED
YOU ARE NO LONGER NEEDED HUMAN
>>
>>57028550

That Mozilla CEO stepped down because he couldn't take the Internet backlash that followed espousing his anti-civil rights comments online.

Not exactly the same situation since he willingly departed, but he and all his followers spun the events in such a way that made him seem like the victim of harassment from Mozilla.

So yeah, social conservatives whine about this shit all the time.
>>
>>57028580

'soft' jobs are too easy to outsource.
>>
>>57026116
But idk what I want to do
>>
but nobody uses COBOL anymore, OP
>>
>>57027943
Plumbing is also really fucking hard and will wreck your body by age 40.
>>
>>57026116
Well Google isn't the entirely of the tech industry. Also I don't care about SJW's because I don't blame all my problems on brown people and women.
>>
>>57028794
And now Firefox is complete and utter shit.
Coincidence?
>>
>>57030719
You dont blame your problems on brown people and women, they blame their problems on you, and you'll have to pay for it.

Thats how it works
>>
>>57026172
Easier and more profitable to learn programming and work in tech both short term and long term. Especially if you want to start your own business.
>>
>>57026116
Get a tech degree
Preferably also a PhD
Get about 5 years experience in the industry
Then join a patent law firm, get your law degree and become a patent attorney

What is good:
- job market - there is always a need for new people, demand is bigger than supply
- job safety - license rules protects you from outsourcing to a great extent, but not 100 %
- ageism - it is not unusual to see patent attorneys above the age of 70, normally you are allowed to work for as long as you want
- salary - pretty good
- general - work is interesting, varied and you get to meet a lot of interesting people
- respect (for those who find that important) - for some reason many look down on engineers for no good reason at all but you won't get that as a patent attorney unless you meet RMS
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.