[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is the best way to get a ds3 controller hooked up to a PC.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 2

File: xbox.png (218KB, 1270x1035px) Image search: [Google]
xbox.png
218KB, 1270x1035px
What is the best way to get a ds3 controller hooked up to a PC. I used to use motion joy, but I hear that it is a horrible program. Or should I just say fuck it and switch to an xbox controller since they are designed for windows
>>
>>57023416
If your preference is a DS3, use the MotioninJoy driver and Better DS3 Tool for the interface and delete the MotioninJoy frontend.

If you like the Xbox controller more, just go for that.

Might as well get a DS4 if youre into the design, very configurable and solid nowadays.
>>
>>57023519
Nope
>>57023416
Look up "SCP Server" it basically maps the Xbox api to the DS3 and DS4; can be fiddly but if it works it's fantastic.
>>
Is it possible to play wirelessly with a DS controller on PC?
>>
>>57023624
Yes. Bluetooth dongle.
>>
>>57023585
SCP Server is a bad choice for DS3, it's a userspace wrapper and it does not support things like vibration on Xinput games, nor battery level indication or charging the DS3 on PC, etc.
>>
>>57023416
>>>/v/
>>
>>57023585
does it support wireless on the ds4 and working touchpad, vibration and led control?
>>
>>57023416
What do you need it for? Don't most games already have a built-in joystick configuration?
>>
>>57023709
There's no native DS3 Windows driver.
The native DS4 driver is DirectInput only.
>>
>>57023673
>>57023708
Is vibration really that important though?
>Battery indication and charging
Tbh i always play cabled so I've never noticed
SCP Server at the end of the day is cheap n reliable, but my bad if I came off sounding like a cunt
>>57023709
No, modern games are increasingly ignoring shit like old Logitech gamepads
>>
>>57023708
i have a DS4 and currently use InputMapper, it allows you to change the colour indicator, even relative to battery.
Bluetooth is fine, vibration and everything works. I sometimes get lag spikes on bluetooth, that might be my adapter or interference.
>>
>>57023721
>he fell for the modern games meme
>>
>>57023416
If you have the money just buy an Xbox 360 controller. I just werks
>>
I got an Xbox One controller for the release of the new Gears of War today.

It's a really nice controller. Comfy as hell, the motorized triggers are cool and go bizzzt when you nail your active reload.
>>
>>57023416
Never once had a problem using motion injoy personally. If you just want a controller and have that laying around. Use it. If you want a relatively hassle free experience with what (I consider) a superior controller. Get one of the new xbone controllers as they support Bluetooth now.

>>57023709
Developers have pretty much entirely converted to xinput because the drivers are built into windows. It's nice in one way seeing as controller support used to be hit and miss a lot best. Now just about everything comes with it.

>>57026049
The happiness feedback in the triggers is nice in things like racing games. Gives you a much better feel of what is going on. But for some reason the controller can only use the rumble, or the force feedback. Not both. Unless they fixed that with their latest controllers.
>>
>>57026145
>the happiness feedback
Fucking phone. Haptic feedback *
>>
use linux because it works automatically
>>
>>57028827
Yeah, using a DS3 really upped my game in Tux Racer.
>>
>>57023416
>/g/ fix my xbox :-DD
This is what happens when we open the flood gates for wintoddlers and pretend their toddler toy video gaming computers and their relevant gaming OS has anything to do with technology. Turning this place into a babycare fruity toddler gamerbabby hugbox was a terrible mistake.
>>
File: 1472299769128.jpg (69KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1472299769128.jpg
69KB, 1200x1200px
Stop and get a better chinkshit controller that literally has the best aspects of all console ones and is wired.
>>
>>57029004
>shitty ds4 clone with xbox buttons
yes sir
>>
>>57023416
Use XInput Wrapper ("SCP Server"), after you set it up your DS3 will show up as a regular Xbox controller.
>>
this interest me as i'm planning to buy a controller (my old DS2 exploded) and i read the XBone controller is the best out there for windows (i'm on 7) as you only need the drivers and it's almost plug and play, while the DS4 needs some wrapper, is it like that?

I just want it for pcsx2/ppsspp and maybe some racing and rpg games like grid or tales series.
>>
>>57023416
Just get an xbone controller, it's better
>>
>>57029169
Get a 360 controller. It's cheaper and I am just going to assume that an XBone controller is gonna give you issues on W7 with how big of a faggot Windows is being about W10. Also, it literally just werks.
>>
>>57029169
I just installed pcsx2 the other day, and my xbone controller let me plug and play rogue Galaxy. It was great, didn't even have to mess with any joypad settings. The controller also has a great d pad if you enjoy playing 2d rpgs as well
>>
>>57023416
Logitech F310
>>
>>57023519
gonna second this right here, use motionjoy to install drivers, kill motionjoy frontend, download betterDS3.

Wireless works with the right bluetooth adapter.

set better DS3 to start at windows startup and use xbox profile, never fiddle with settings again.

Ultimate comfy.
>>
>>57029086
It's not bad for $30. You can definitely see it in the build quality though. It feels good, but the light shines through all the cracks, and I've been having trouble syncing it to multiple devices consistently. (It works fine on windows, but multiple phones wirelessly is a chroe).
>>
>>57029086
Wrong.
>xbox d-pad
>xbox sticks
>wired
>turbo
All for half the price
>>
Thanks, i feared it could happen like >>57029229 said as m$ are cunts, while i got the drivers for both x360 and xbone from the catalog thru IE as maybe they could take it down just to fuck with people, force windows update or even bundle it with that cancer of xbox app, still if >>57029231 say it's plug and play maybe i will try it. At worst case if it doesn't work i will see if i can refund it or resell it and get a X360.
Thanks
>>
>>57023585
DS4Windows is a frontend to SCP server, similar to Better DS3. Works great.
>>
>>57029004
I'm thinking of getting this one for playing old games through an emulator. Would you recommend Wireless or Wired?
>>
>>57029866
Wired all the way. Less time being wasted syncing all the time, and there's probably a slightly higher input frequency compared to the wireless.
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.