[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

---Arch linux noob thread--- So i recently installed Arch and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4

File: Arch-linux-logo.png (117KB, 2000x1499px)
Arch-linux-logo.png
117KB, 2000x1499px
---Arch linux noob thread---

So i recently installed Arch and i configured the nameservers and the default gateway to 8.8.8.8 and 192.168.1.1 respectively.

But I still dont have internet. The cable is plugged in and i somehow (no fucking clue how) got it working earlier and then I rebooted to see if the issues was still there.

>network_is_unreachable.jpeg

Tell me /g/ents what can I do to fix this?
>>
>---tech support thread---
>>
You install gentoo.
>>
Dhcpcd
>>
help i installed arch but i still dont have any windows i tried running firefox and it said connection to x server lost??
>>
>>57023274
this
>>
>>57023248
The solution to any Arch problem is to install a distro that isn't autistic
>>
>>57023274
Alright will give it a try and report back!
>>
Umm so im getting a packet response from 8.8.8.8 now but pinging google.com still doesnt work.
>>
>>57023353
Never mind. Am an idiot and can confirm it works... let see if the network stays up after a reboot.
>>
>>57023367
The network doesnt stay up after reboot. and now after using dhcpcd (when the pc boots up) i cant ping a static or google.com
>>
>>57023419
you fucker. when you enable the daemon you have to make it run on startup. Use systemctl enable not systemctl start. If you already tried that use systemctl status to find out the error.
>>
>>57023457
My bad. But not it says that it cant create mount unit file, as it already exists
>>
>>57023248
You shouldn't be posting outside of the Arch forums, trying to circumvent the process. Reported.
>>
>>57023498
get rid of the current one and try again. I'm not going to tell you the arguments again because, sorry, that's what the documentation is for. Remember the fishing proverb.
>>
rm /etc/network/interfaces
ifconfig enp25s0 down
ifconfig enp25s0 up
dhclient -v enp25s0
>>
>>57023508
Well they are slow as fuck and the 30 mins ive spent here ive accomplished more than the two days it took me to get a fucking account creation email from those asshats. Sure you guys might call me a faggot and tell me to go back to ubuntu but I wanna learn Arch but the official fourms are WAY TO SLOW!
>>
File: sticky.jpg (241KB, 722x830px) Image search: [Google]
sticky.jpg
241KB, 722x830px
>>57023563
You should just read the official wiki then. There's everything you need to know.
Why haven't you read the articles about networking and systemd before you started posting tech support questions where they don't belong?
>>
>>57023527
I dont have the network folder in my /etc/ ls doesnt show anything by the name of network in it. Nor do I have ifconfig installed
>>
>>57023605
I dont actually know how I missed that. Godspeed everyone who remotely tried helping me. I need to take the issue elsewhere.
>>
File: archuser.png (208KB, 800x891px) Image search: [Google]
archuser.png
208KB, 800x891px
install something else
>>
>>57023702
kek
>>
File: tfw shilling garbage.png (126KB, 450x530px) Image search: [Google]
tfw shilling garbage.png
126KB, 450x530px
>>
>>57023248
RTFM+Archforums
>>
>>57023248
Set your DNS nameserver to 8.8.8.8 only
post your $ip link
>>
>>57023248
if you don't have internet, how did you make this post?

Fucking troll.
>>
https://wiki.archlinux.org/
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.