[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Any turn-key dev+staging+prod web environment? I'm thinking

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

File: 1466292339417.jpg (461KB, 1365x2048px) Image search: [Google]
1466292339417.jpg
461KB, 1365x2048px
Any turn-key dev+staging+prod web environment?

I'm thinking about doing a small side gig. Don't wanna spend time too much time with sysops and devops and VPS maintenance. Is there a script/playbook that creates all the environments for me? I'm okay with almost any language, editor, OS, DB (MariaDB would be nice), but prod needs to be stable and long term supported with automatic security patches on the OS and on the web stack too.

I've found frameworks, components and some dated lame LAMP playbooks ( "production ready" my ass), yuck.

I could roll it all by hand but that's boring. I just wanna start coding teh app. Depending on paid SaaS like AWS is OK.

Similar required as Streisand just werx(TM) for VPN.

Any hints or gugl keywords are welcome. Picture not relevant.
>>
>>57018525
What is that pic? Trying to desensitize themselves to violence as a warmup for counterstrike?
>>
>>57018753
You can find out by just paying attention for a bit while looking at the pic, but looks like you're just too retarded.
>>
>>57018753

dunno desu, sum pic w soviet russians saved off /b/
>>
>>57018804

Different anon

Guess I am because I have no fucking idea what's going on there.
>>
>>57018837
There's a Ukrainian flag at the corner and plenty of pics of the kids in the wall.
It's obviously an Orphanage/Detention center for minors in Ukraine, and they're doing kitchen duties before getting to play CS.
Ukraine is known to plagued with Orphanages, lost of western people adopt kids there.
>>
>>57018885
Sorry I've never been in an orphanage. What the hell kind of person puts a row of computers in a kitchen?
>>
>>57019154
>What the hell kind of person puts a row of computers in a kitchen?
eastern europeans
>>
>>57018885
how did i not draw that conclusion xDD omg
>>
These sad saps. They come to Rapture thinking they're gonna be captains of industry, but they all forget that somebody's gotta scrub the toilets. What an angle they gave me... I hand these mugs a cot and a bowl of soup, and they give me their lives. Who needs an army when I got Fontaine's Home for the Poor?
>>
>>57018815
those are Ukranians. look at the flag.
>>
>>57019417

bbbut there's a red-black flag too

but yeah could be ukranians cykas too
>>
Digital Ocean for a VPS. They have lots of pre-rolled solutions.

domains.google.com has a bunch of fun tools you should look into. Its fairly cheap.

Amazon web services are awesome.

Honestly, though, it sounds like you don't have the work ethic to succeed at this.
>>
That's really nice /g/uys but any comments to the Original Post?
>>
>>57018525
oneops?
>>
>>57019727

I know about these providers (good ones indeed!); I do web dev on mid scale for a living senpai, that's how I know what I'm looking for -- a Streisand for web development so I can focus on what I want to and not spend 1-2 days at working on just being able to work. (Even medium level prod hardening is not obvious for someone with a programmer background.)
>>
>>57019770

Thanks anon this looks great, checking out now
>>
>>57019838
>>57019770

Checked out, a good lead, looks to be bigger than what I need (lowish traffic but important webapp with 1 appserver, 1 DB, approx. 20 controllers and 30 views). Impressive stuff tho -- indeed builds up a viable infra.

Any other leads welcome.
>>
>>57018525
Heroku lets you promote builds from staging to live, all via git branches and tests and stuff like that. It does require your application to be cloudly enough though
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.