[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Couldnt find a thread for Chair recommendations. I spend a

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 3

File: chair.jpg (20KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
chair.jpg
20KB, 500x500px
Couldnt find a thread for Chair recommendations.

I spend a lot of time sitting (10+ hours a day at least) and my current chair isnt cutting it anymore. I'm afraid if I keep using it I will develop back problems.

Was wondering what the best chair is that isnt over the top expensive? (>$400 ideally)
>>
I use that chair and I think its good but I can't say I'm in it for more then 6 hours per day
>>
>>57017131
>10+ hours a day at least
Then you actually need to invest in an actual office chair
>>
I use that chair as well, it's ok. I only use it about 6-7 hours a day. I also have an Areon and have used it 8 hours a day for over 10 years. The Areon is definitely better, but the ikea chair is still good.
>>
for the price, the ikea chair on op cant be beat. im sitting on one right now.
>>
>>57017131
I have that chair too. It's alright, I'm not in love with it.
>>
i want an areon

>>57019037
how is yours?
>>
I sit in a cheaper steelcase leap I picked up from an office on craigslist and it does good for my back, which has a damaged joint in the thoracic region.
>>
Hey, OP, same here.

Anyone got a suggestion for a chair that can support 250-300 lbs, recline, has a high back, and I can sleep in as well as work.
>PREFERABLY also has a foot rest.
>MUST be able to replace a bed.
>>
>>57021483
>support 250-300 lbs

S-So that you can fuck your gf in the chair, right? Right Anon?
>>
>>57021856
>S-So that you can fuck your gf in the chair, right? Right Anon?
S-sure...
G-girlfriend...
I d-definitely got one of th-those, and n-not just a Daki

Nah, dude. I'm like 240, but I want a little bit of leeway.
Especially since I plan to use this chair as a bed as well. As in, I intend to spend 16+ hrs/day in it.
>>
>>57022027

get your shit together anon
>>
File: SITFIT-Plus_rot.jpg (114KB, 1280x851px) Image search: [Google]
SITFIT-Plus_rot.jpg
114KB, 1280x851px
I'm sitting in the Marcus right now. It's quite good, even at my height (1,94m) and weight (115kg)

I got me rubber sitting pillow to put under my ass as well though though, works real wonders for my lower back
>>
>>57022039
What's there to get together?

I want to live in front of my computer...
I've pretty much set up my life goal, there.

Now I justt needa find a chair that can do that
>>
>>57022128

i spend a lot of time in my chair too, but I don't fucking sleep in it. get up once in a while and move around so you don't get blood clots
>>
>>57022143
Well, I have OCD and stuff, so that 8 hours NOT accounted for is pretty much me in the bathroom showering and/or washing up
(well, also some getting food and stuff, but since a jaunt to the kitchen only takes a couple minutes at most, doesn't really count)

But, lemme be frank with you:
I asked for advice on what chair to get so I don't pick the wrong one, especially if I ultimately go with something like $300-500.

I did NOT ask about advice for how to live my life.

(I'm not OP, btw. Don't want to make them look, because chances are they're much more well-adjusted than I am. We just happen to have a similar budget.)

I was looking at the DxRacer Classic series with the footrest, but I heard a few of the comments about them sending broken pieces and stuff.
However, it is still rated high.
But @$439, I don't want to get fucked.

Do you have experience with DxRacer? Will they send replacements if something's busted?
>Also, it's apparently a bucket seat. Someone said those are bad to sleep in. Is that true?
>>
Probably one of those angled stools, not sure what they are called
>>
>>57022027

Please tell me you're some Icelandic giant and not an embarrassing fatass.
>>
>>57022247

I have OCD as well, though not nearly as bad as you. Have you tried medications? They really help me manage mine and keep it minimal.

Also, it's really easy to lose weight. Hell, you can get some steroids and lose weight without even exercising literally right now. You're tech-savvy, right? Figure it out.
>>
>>57022421
He's saying he spends 10+ hours in his chair a day. What the fuck do you expect?
>>
>>57022470

When I spent most of my time playing World of Warcraft, it wasn't too hard to go to the gym for 45 minutes every few days.
>>
>>57022421
I'm a 174.6 cm fatass. (or if Americans, that's just under 5'9". Don't worry, though, I'm American too, but we're dumbasses for not switching to metric)

>>57022431
No, I have not yet done so. Maybe after I get out of my parents house (or if my website goes well sometime after launch, BUY their house), I'll start SSRIs. I've been willing to do that for a while, but Behavioral Mod Therapy doesn't do shit

>Also, it's really easy to lose weight. Hell, you can get some steroids and lose weight without even exercising literally right now.
ehhhhhhhh.... steroids....
Can you gimme a name? I don't want to pick something with too many adverse side effects
>>
>>57022526

Steroids aren't really ideal for losing weight, but they actually do cause you to lose weight and gain muscle mass. Go ask the roid fiends on /fit/ for some recommendations with weight loss drugs. Personally, I've never had a problem with it, so I don't know too much about it. Also, my steroid recommendations would probably be panned by those guys as pedestrian. Steroids are technology, but those guys do it better.

In any case, Fluoxetine (Prozac) really reduced my problems with OCD to almost nothing. It was like a miracle, really. I began to have serious suicide obsessions and they disappeared in a couple weeks.
>>
>>57022526
I'm thinking I might just buy a medium couch, instead... This is way too difficult to find...

Just get one of those couch tray tables for my keyboard and mouse...
>>
I would recommend the Staples Hyken, especially if you live in a hot climate. Mesh chairs dissipate sweat very well.

If you're cheap, the WorkPro 1000 from Office Depot works too.
>>
>>57022556
I'll look into that, then.

>In any case, Fluoxetine (Prozac) really reduced my problems with OCD to almost nothing. It was like a miracle, really. I began to have serious suicide obsessions and they disappeared in a couple weeks.
Hmmm, I'll also look at this.
>>
>tfw own IKEA Malkolm
>tfw regret not buying Markus or Flintan instead
>>
File: 1473389737578.jpg (54KB, 612x612px) Image search: [Google]
1473389737578.jpg
54KB, 612x612px
>>57022562
>>
Ikea Markus' major drawback is the lack of adjustable arm rests.
>>
>>57022526

if CBT isn't working for your OCD, then you might be half-assing it
>>
>>57022686

CBT is Jewish bullshit desu
>>
>>57022692

believe what you want. it was the only thing that helped me, and my OCD was pretty bad
>>
>>57022703

If I could believe what I want, CBT would have helped me.

Though Jesus did help me. Wish I could spoiler that for dramatic effect.
>>
>>57022247
>>57017131
Look man, I hate to tell you, but there's a reason many office chairs are expensive.

Sure, some of it's brand name and "design", and conspicuous consumption.
Some of it's the low demand for high end chairs as millions of people fuck up their backs on an eighty dollar office depot special.

But mostly, if you want optimum ergonomics, it's something that needs to be both adjustable and stable. (Or if not adjustable, it needs to be custom made to your dimensions. Which would be even more expensive.)

This is why DXRacer and NeedForSeat chairs are really only medium priced as such things go.
Steelcase Leap is one of the best reviewed office chair lines, and one of the few that can come with a headrest, but is right around a thousand dollars.
Nightengale CXO is one of the few other high end options with a headrest, and has a similar cost. Looking at the spec sheet I think it can recline a little more than the Leap, but neither has a footrest.
The Steelcase Leap Work/Lounge is well over two thousand dollars, but could do what you ask.

Actually, if you legitimately want to sleep in your "computer" chair, I think you should get decent arm chair and a keyboard shelf that you can pull over your lap once you've sat down.
Basically move away from a chair that's supposed to be comfortable for working posture, and move the computer use parts to you.

A similar option is a bed with a beanbag for sitting up on and wall mounted monitor arm with a night stand that has your mouse on it, and your keyboard sitting in your lap. Make sure the bean bag is the kind with mixed foam nodules instead of styrofoam or whatever. Those work much better.
>>
>>57022711

okay then. enjoy your SSRIs and couch-chair-bed
>>
>>57022730
>low demand for high end chairs

This is bullshit. Offices buy Herman Miller because then they can say they bought Herman Millers and that's cheaper than a lawsuit.

>>57022735

I'm not that guy, bud. He seems vulnerable, so you can probably rope him into your Jewish scam.
>>
>>57022730
If OP actually sits 10 hours a day, he better save up for some expensive actual office chairs
>>
>>57022751

well, it helped me, and I didn't pay anyone for it. I just read some papers/articles on it and applied the technique myself
>>
>>57022789

Okay, well, that's not very Jewish.

But if some kike ropes you in for 200 dollars a week, you're being had. Period.
>>
>>57022526
>>57022556

Former fitizen here (well, sometimes I still go back to check high test threads and answers QTDDTOT).

I'm not really a steroid guru, but my impression is that most of them work poorly for weight loss when you have a very high body fat. That is, the ones that do work better for weight loss are for helping cut those last few pounds to visible abs, not from obese to merely overweight. The strain on your heart would also be considerable.

Stimulants have an appetite suppressing effect. Caffeine and ephedrine (found in bronkaid, for example) are popular in combination. These do increase stress on your heart, but not the way anabolic chemicals would. You can add nicotine too, like by gum or vaping.

A last resort would be DNP, which makes your metabolism really inefficient, burning off an extra five pounds or so in three weeks (which is about as long as you'd want to take it at once). But there's some evidence it causes cataracts, and you'd have to find some way to make sure you don't rebound eat after a cycle.
>>
>>57022848
Injecting test is going to be pretty much pure benefits (weight loss, well being, muscle mass, sex drive, confidence) no bad sides so long as you take something to offset the withdrawal and possibly something during the cycle.

Stimulants are where your heart begins to come into the equation because people stupidly abuse cardio-toxic drugs like Clenbuterol, which is a problem for a minority of the population with minor undetected heart defects.
>>
>>57022751
That's a good point, economy of scale is already there from office supplying. But there's still the issue that there's no thriving market of end consumers where almost anybody could carve a niche on the edge of the market and drive prices down with competition.
>>
>>57022893

It's probably hard to break into a market dictated by brand recognition (your honor, we can't possibly be liable in this workplace injury suit, look at these fancy Herman Millers!), so maybe competition is scarce for this reason.
>>
>>57022730
Hmmm

Looked at the Leap Worklounge. It seems pretty good, but not footrest.

On the other hand, you might be right. I'll start looking into couches or arm chairs...

Well, it was worth a shot...

>>57022703
I'm not even going to get into this...
If you haven't caused thousands of dollars of damage from all the handwashing and foot washing, and hair washing every single time you go to the bathroom...

And if your skin isn't irreparably damaged, you probably had regular OCD at worst.

"Pretty bad" would be defined as having eczema on EVERY SINGLE PART of your body.
Yes... there too. Frequently.
"Pretty bad" would be defined as not being able to move your face unless you've put cream on it, because it hurts so bad.
"Pretty bad" would be going through a liter of sanitizer a week.
"Pretty bad" would be wearing gloves around your own fucking house, because other people touch things, and you can't be sure you cleaned them since someone else was there.

Although, it stopped being PURE OCD YEARS ago. It became severe germ phobias wrapped up in a blanket of OCD.
I'd still be pretty bad without the OCD, but the OCD increases damage to me and things by around 200%. Just from the phobias, I might wash my hands, face, feet, chest, etc. you know... 5-10 minutes
Throw the OCD on top, and a half-hour is "fast"
>>
>>57022934

You should get on top of that. Should have years ago, really.
>>
>>57022730
high end office chairs are expensive cause they know businesses will pay out of the ass to make sure they can say they have an ergonomic environment to avoid suits due to back and neck injury.
Low-mid low end chairs are affordably due cause that is what most private consumers are willing to pay and they design the product accordingly to that price point.
Mid level office chairs while cheaper than high end chairs are over priced due to the fact that demand is very low so they fit them into a niche and thus charge niche item prices.
>>
>>57017131
Huh thats the exact chair I have. Except I got the dark gray not the bullshit faux leather stuff. Its great if you're really tall. Only downside is the armrests aren't really tall enough if you're really tall but you shouldn't be resting on those all the time anyway.
Thread posts: 47
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.