[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hi /g/; currently, I'm trying to turn my old LG Optimus

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: 20130606T013242.jpg (10KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
20130606T013242.jpg
10KB, 300x300px
Hi /g/; currently, I'm trying to turn my old LG Optimus 2X running CM7 into a sort of barebones MP3/Spotify player. It's going well, but I'm trying to squeeze as much battery life from it as I can. I've frozen almost every app that isn't mandatory for the phone (including Google Play Services and Google Play), I've turned the brightness all the way down, turned off autosync, turned on airplane mode, and I've even undervolted it. Anything else I can do to save even more battery?
>>
>>57012482
>. I've frozen almost every app that isn't mandatory for the phone (including Google Play Services and Google Play)

Why did you even install the GAPPS if you were going to freeze them, anyway? Reinstall without them.
>>
>>57012482

underclock the thing, better yet set a conservative governor
>>
>>57012731
Oh, I had just factory resetted my phone. Besides, I needed the Play Store for a bit anyways to install some apps. Am I going to get a better battery life if I reinstal without installing GApps in the first place?
>>
>>57012482

On an old phone, you would probably benefit from a new battery. After a couple of years it's probably down to 70% or less.
>>
>>57012482
Install CM, set the governor to convervative.
Brightness to the minimum.
Disable sound and vibration.
Disable All sync, set it to battery save mode (won't do shit on audio).
Make sure you're only running audio from the sd card.
Don't download any apps.
Don't install GAPPS.

I still use my 2x because it's literally made of nails.
>>
>>57012808
Yes, you will gain an improvement in battery life if you don't have the gAPPS installed. Right now, you said you have frozen the Store app and Services, but all this is going to do is cause wakelocks - trust me, I've done this with CM 7, too.

You could use Raccoon to download apps from the Play Store (on your computer) and transfer them onto your phone. It's a hassle, but it will allow you to keep your battery life and phone working with less lag.

If you end up doing it, do use a Google account you don't have any important stuff on, since Google may not like you doing this. Oh, and get an app which will allow you to see your Android ID before you wipe anything. Apps that rely on the Play Services (for GCM or whatever) will not work, either.

>>57012781
>>57012865
>>57012869
They all have good advice.
>>
>>57012909
Phone working with less lag, while still allowing you to use apps.

F-Droid can be run on 2.3.3, by the way, too - you won't have rely entirely on Raccoon.
>>
>>57012932
ran*

ESL, I'm sorry if things read like shit.
>>
>>57012909
Aw shit; Poweramp needs to unlock itself through Google Play. Any other good music player I can use?
>>
>>57012808
Yes. It's constantly running.
>>
>>57012968
I don't really think so - the choices on Gingerbread are quite limited. Poweamp is possibly the best player that still supports it. You could give Vanilla a try, but it is crap compared to it - design, features and all. All it has going for it is its' relative simplicity, and the fact that's is open-source.

Were you on a newer Android version, I'd have recommended running the Play Store with microG, so you'd have the benefits of extended battery life compared to stock, and the Play Store, but..
>>
>>57012869
>>57012781
Strange; when I go to Cyanogenmod Settings>Performance>CPU settings, I don't see any governor settings to change, and when I installed NoFrills, the governor option is "unavailable" for some reason. What's happening here?
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.