[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The Barnacle. How would you combat it? I have numerous wa

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 315
Thread images: 40

The Barnacle.

How would you combat it?

I have numerous ways to remove these things with success (no I will not share)

Curious to hear opinions

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bJRmFlcaggU
>>
sawzall
>>
>>57012197
Remove the windshield.
>>
>literally get something thin to stick under the suction cups
?
>>
>>57012197
>Have long, sharp ended utensil in car
>Slide under edge
>Pierce suction cup, remove utensil
>Vacuum gone, no more suction
>Repeat on other side
>>
>>57012243
The alarm goes off when you move the Barnacle.
>>
>>57012197
>apply a layer of food film before parking
I don't think that I'd face one soon so I don't worry that much.
>muh eastern europe.
>>
>>57012271
>>57012274
>>
>>57012197
just drive with your head out the window
>>
>>57012274
I don't give a fuck
>>
Put a thin layer of transparent vinyl on your windshield. The kind people put on windshields during paint jobs. Barnacle goes on. Vinyl comes off, so does the barnacle.
>>
>>57012197
the fuck is that?
>>
> a couple of cameras
> monitors inside
> free barnacle
>>
>>57012274
They did not specify by which means of removal.
One could easily place an impact sensor, or trigger points around the device as though someone were trying to break it off, but it'll be difficult to monitor the suction cups.

>>57012294
Or even better. Seen as this will be in Australia, everyone could just drive those cars with drop forward windscreens! Like the surfer scum they are.
>>
>>57012313
>the video is too complicated for me to comprehend
>>
Boiling hot water. Would that at least make them lose suction?
>>
>>57012313
giving "the boot" - The Boot! (TM)
>>
File: 1465384624370.jpg (25KB, 500x330px) Image search: [Google]
1465384624370.jpg
25KB, 500x330px
I get free window replacement with my car insurance
I would break the front window and throw that garbage on the ground
>"so how did your front window break"
>Idk, I was driving down the highway and I think a rock hit it
>"lol kay, go get your free windshield from X place or we can schedule a home call"
pretty much what I had to do last time my front window broke.

and if the alarm goes off...
??? who gives a shit, you think the bicycle cop that stuck this shit on here gives a fuck?
>>
btw op is probably affiliated with "the barnacle"

that's why he's fishing for our ideas
>>
>hit the inside of the windscreen with a tiny bit of ceramic so it briefly shatters where suction cups are
>sue the party who applied that thing
>replace windscreen while lawyers do their jobs
>get mony eventually
>>
>>57012197
>you have to pay to remove it
>you have to drop it off yourself at a designated drop off location
Get fucked.
>>
>>57012351

ninja rocks. nice.
>>
>>57012197
windshields are too expensive, remove it and move on
>but for what pvrpose
>>
>>57012311
How viable is this?
>>
>>57012346
lol that's what I was thinking

I dunno came out to my car and the window was busted lol fucking hoodlums I bet blm did this
>>
Remove thin metal flex strip from wiper blade rubber, slide under suction cup, twist.

Or carry one of those long flexible none edged knife things for removing baked food from baking tray.
>>
>>57012366
s/are/aren't
>>
ITT:

>who gives a fuck! xDDD remove it!
>fug da ppolice!! XDD
>>
He's going to get a lot of abuse on twitter and incriminating footage of it being removed sent to him.
The clamp is not really linked to any one individual but this is.
>>
>>57012370

It sounds like a great solution. The cretin drones who apply the thing would never notice.
>>
Slide a steel wire under the suction cup
>>
>>57012389
It's true though. At least the boot was actually stuck on the tire. Suction cups are going to BTFO
>>
>>57012324
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bJRmFlcaggU
Yeah, I just saw it. The fuck are they thinking? The wheel clamp thing is so much better, since it prevents actual movement.

What if somebody decides to drive with one of those (in the back), disregarding safety and all that crap? Yes, he will get stopped eventually by a policeman, but..

Anyway, I'd use one of these Chinese diamond knives I bought on a sale a while ago and cut the rubber suction thing off with fucking ease.
>>
>>57012274
this
>>57012310

Throw it the fuck on the floor and drive off like a madman
[spoiler]kek I don't even drive :^)[/spoiler]
>>
i'll bite though:

nonstick coating of any type. slide it off and drive away
>>
>keep small glass drillbit and cordless drill in car
>get in car
>drill through windshield and suction cup
>put chewing gum in the hole

the linux approach
>>
File: jesse pls.png (95KB, 248x280px) Image search: [Google]
jesse pls.png
95KB, 248x280px
I ride a fine H-D bike, good luck with this, faggots.
>>
File: 1471523645209.png (11KB, 404x399px) Image search: [Google]
1471523645209.png
11KB, 404x399px
>danger
>do
>not
>move
>vehicle

top kek
>>
>>57012420

They'll carve a cock into your seat.
>>
>>57012436
He'd end up enjoying it.
>>
>>57012436
>implying he doesn't have a cock shaped seat already
>>
>>57012197
This kind of annoys me, because the person who applies this most likely will scratch the fuck out of the windshield while applying it.
>>
>>57012436
And? I am already into anal play.
>>
File: fuark.png (494KB, 685x383px) Image search: [Google]
fuark.png
494KB, 685x383px
Anyone know what this model is? I like that Toyota tbqh.
>>
I wonder if it can detect change in pressure inside the suctioned area.
>>
What's stopping you from just bruteforcing all 10000 4 digit codes?
>>
>>57012314
Kek
>>
>>57012470
1st gen Toyota Sequoia

t. /o/
>>
>>57012470
2003 highlander
>>
>>57012470
2001 Gremlin
>>
>>57012493
>>57012504
Both look nice, thanks guys.
>>
>>57012476
My thought as well.
>>
>>57012314

put some foil around it first to block any RF signals it might be sending
>>
By not being a dumb cager
>>
>>57012476
Build a little robot to do it. Make soon much money if you could sell it for a good price.
>>
>>57012531

probably a timer that prevents frequent attempts
>>
>>57012389
>being that much of a government bootlicker
>>
File: 1411359819547.jpg (79KB, 620x620px) Image search: [Google]
1411359819547.jpg
79KB, 620x620px
>city fags literally being cucked to death by meter maids

wew lad

you should move to a nice safe 98%> white suburb
>>
>>57012470
The Racemixing and Multiculturalism express
>>
File: 1407809271495.jpg (19KB, 296x167px) Image search: [Google]
1407809271495.jpg
19KB, 296x167px
>>57012476
this is the only viable /g/ option here, and someone should definitely capitalize on it if this barnacle shit takes off
>>
>>57012197
>I have numerous ways to remove

Bullshit

Glad I don't live in a fuck ass city like you do.
Only parking meters in my town is downtown and even then there is free parking lots to park in.
>>
>>57012197
sounds stupid and you will get into more trouble. the cops would have your license plates.
>>
Not worried about the alarm. It cannot be that loud that the public would get annoyed by hearing people testing it. Sound insulation, hell, even a blanket would stop most of the noise. I'm sure there is a speaker hole on the outside of it.

Even then, I would be able to get it off long before the police would arrive from a noise complaint.

Anyway, apparently a heat gun to the other side of your window breaks the suction.

Just like cities that have a master key for their boots and have had people copy one and go around unlocking boots out of principle, the same thing would happen with this thing. I'm glad. This asshole should get another idea.
>>
>>57012598

you might even be able to wear the battery down or kill the electronics by turning on the defrost (high heat) and covering it with a blanket. cook it up nice
>>
People will drive with them on causing accidents.
>>
File: ace-ventura.jpg (30KB, 500x282px) Image search: [Google]
ace-ventura.jpg
30KB, 500x282px
>implying anyone gives a shit about alarms going off
There's literally always a car alarm going off at the nearby parking lot, nobody bats an eye
>>
>>57012615

Not the person you are responding too, but more than a few people have already reported getting them off. They are two giant suction cups. You just have to break the suction.

Sure, they could have a plastic guard around the edges that stops you from putting anything under it, with the exception that not all windshield have the same profile and thin objects would get under it regardless.
>>
>>57012197

1. Have a lot of money and petition the local government to ban the barnacle
2. Don't park/violate / use public transport
3. Get the public to trigger every barnacle they see and start a social media campaign, the cost of constantly having to monitor triggered barnacles would bankrupt the company or at least give them bad publicity with the noise
4. Start a company selling barnacles online. Those suction cups are pretty cheap. Sell them to criminal gangs and wait for the gangs to start extorting people. Kekks will follow.
>>
>>57012652

this x1000000

it's a liability.
>>
I'd probably just pierce the plastic of the suction cups. Good chance that would trigger that alarm, but who the fuck cares considering you have a fucking getaway car right there.
>>
>>57012631

Criminally? No, they would have to prove beyond a reasonable doubt that you, personally, took it off. As I said above, vigilantes do go around and take them off. Anyone could have done it.

Cilvally, it's another story, but they would be suing people who wouldn't have the money to pay anyways and the vast majority of people who take one of these off wouldn't end up getting sue.

Would you still have to pay the ticket on your record, eventually? Probably, but only if they catch you again or if they require you to pay them when you get your car registered.
>>
kick out my windshield and call the insurance telling them someone fucked it up
>>
>>57012680

Civilly*
Sued*

Whoops.
>>
>>57012370
Not, because you have these things called windshield wipers.
>>
what happens when someone obviously drives anyway and kills someone
>>
>Put car in neutral
>Push car to parking spot
>Sue
>>
>>57012197
having dirty windows finally pays off
>>
>>57012197
I would ask my contact for the code and remove it like a sane person
>>
>>57012785
>what happens when someone obviously drives anyway and kills someone

They would be liable.
The driver made the conscious choice to drive with a huge obstruction on his windscreen.
>>
>says City of Gotham on it
I may be actually retarded but is there an actual city of gotham?
>>
>>57012845
i could see that but i feel like a good lawyer could get the company in some shit, especially if there is/has been a bunch of cases
>>
>>57012845
>huge obstruction
You can still see around the corners.
>>
ignore it and wage economic warfare against its maintenance costs
>>
>>57012274
Audio alarm or radio alarm?

If it's radio all you have to do is jam it.
>>
>>57012782

wut? You realize that windshield tint goes over the windshield? As long as there aren't any bubbles in the vinyl, wipers won't be effected in an way.
>>
>>57012346
The device is registered with your license on plate.
>>
>>57012197
all you have to do is stick your head out the window though
>>
>take it off
>throw it on the ground
>drive away
>>
>>57012895
that's all?
>>
>>57012872
Cite up some cases about the boot then.

I don't see this going anywhere in court, not that it won't stop people from making frivolous claims.

>Sir, why did you operate your vehicle when you couldn't see properly in front of the vehicle ?
>>
>>57012895

jamming can get you in deep shit. just use foil
>>
>>57012895
>>57012954

I believe it is an audio alarm. It has a period where it detects that you are "tampering" with it and makes a small noise. I think if you keep trying to move it, it will go off. Motion activated?
>>
>>57012957
i didn't say they'd definitely be able to. but also i don't think boot cases would be reliable to point to since the danger potential is much higher for these things
>>
File: 1475902889411.jpg (32KB, 620x413px) Image search: [Google]
1475902889411.jpg
32KB, 620x413px
>>57012197
>Car is ticked and barnacled because it is parked in a fire lane, or unsafe manner.
>Barnacle ensures that the car stays there to keep being unsafe.
>logic.
>>
Non-USfag here. What is the point of this? Do cops clamp your car when you get fined for aparking violation until you pay up?
>>
>>57012561
So move out of the United States
>>
>>57013071

> cities need a more efficient way to collect money from citizens and safety is secondary to money for them
>>
>>57012957

Not him, but there have been cases where someone who booted a car have been held liable because it was on the other side of the car and someone drove off without noticing and fucked their car up.

Let me give you an idea...

It was raining and my wipers are set in the on position and I turn my car off. I come back and a see this device on my car. I decide to get into my car to make a few phone calls. It's cold so I turn on the engine, the wipers come on, but they're obstructed by the device. My wipers motors burn out and they no longer work. Hundreds of dollars worth of damages.

Now, as they didn't tell me not to turn on my car, do they owe me for my motors? If they did warn me, would a reasonable person read the fine print section which mentioned it or could
they have figured out that this would happen?
>>
>>57013075
Yes
>>
>>57012197
>remove windshield
>jam known wireless communications
>muffle sounds
>remove barnacle
>destroy barnacle
>>
>>57012476
living in asscrack detroit, for starters
>how fucking stupid are you
>>
I...
bike ;^)

good luck barnacling my honda
>>
>>57013140
don't even need first part if you can get somewhere private
>>
Call a tow service to take my car home.
>>
>>57013102
>without noticing and fucked their car up.
that is what the entire case hinges on.

With this thing on your car how the fuck would you miss that ?

>It was raining and my wipers are set in the on position and I turn my car off. I come back and a see this device on my car. I decide to get into my car to make a few phone calls. It's cold so I turn on the engine, the wipers come on, but they're obstructed by the device. My wipers motors burn out and they no longer work. Hundreds of dollars worth of damages.

So you let your wipers run until they burned out instead of taking the steps of turning off your engine/the wipers ?
>>
>>57013216
these people can't afford to simple parking tickets, why would they be able to afford a tow ?
>>
People are so unwilling to pay their tickets in the 3rd world that you have to lock their cars up for them to pay? And you then try to work around it? Jesus. If I get a parking ticket, I curse, then leave in the same car, and pay it on time.
>>
>>57012197
First thing to do is see if a solution is already out there like sending it an unlock code or using a universal password.

If it isn't then you look at the type of technology it uses. If there are known vulnerabilities you exploit them.

If there is design document or service manual you want to look at that.

I bet it isn't that advanced, just looks scary. Drill a small hole, send a shock through will probably enough to kill it.
>>
Wreck my car and then sue.
>>
>>57013272
you're over thinking this.

Sure if you're some DEFCON presenter you could find some exploit, but if you're some nigger then you just pay up.
>>
>>57012274
an alarm going off does not mean I can still get away with it
>drop off location
id just leave it in my trunk and drive off, probably disassemble it to disable GPS
>>
>>57013312
Don't they have your license plate number?
>>
File: King_WAWAWA_Called_U_Out.png (86KB, 600x576px) Image search: [Google]
King_WAWAWA_Called_U_Out.png
86KB, 600x576px
>>57012239
STFU!
>>
File: 1467763908569.jpg (134KB, 720x576px) Image search: [Google]
1467763908569.jpg
134KB, 720x576px
>>57012197
>How would you combat it?
The same way the NYC subway combats scratchiti: cover the glass in a thin layer of vinyl plastic and pull it off when necessary.
>>
>>57013308
drilling a hole and frying the components is overthinking?

God damn you must have a low opinion of the land down under, a 12 year old could come up with that solution.
>>
>>57013341
Kill yourself
>>
Easy! Ill just use some basic grease on my spatula
>>
>>57013312
>id just leave it in my trunk and drive off, probably disassemble it to disable GPS

I imagine that these things are somehow tied to your record/car.

So you can't just destroy it otherwise you're damaging gov property.
You *could* keep it for a while, but then it might fall eventually under some other law, like theft.

Personally I like the system we have in Ontario Canada.

You renew your sticker every 1-2 years.
At the time of renewal you pay any outstanding fines (and late fees if applicable)
Obviously some people choose not to pay and eventually these people are pulled over and fined some more for not having the sticker/renewal.
Even fines and other shit eventually your car will be towed.

Police already cruise around and pull up your license plate all the time anyways, let them deal with these ass hats.

>>57013352
>destroying gov property so you can go to jail over what started as unpaid parking tickets
>accidentally drilling holes into your windshield
>>
>Grab jumper cables
>fry the shit out of that thing
>remove it
>win the staring contest with pedestrian
>>
>>57013352
I wonder if hooking your jumper cables up to the locking panel would be enough to fry it.
>>
>>57013418
Removing the barnacle in the first place is illegal, i don't think destroying goverment property is an issue at that point.
>>
>>57013418
In the US a car is your property and if someone leaves shit on or in your car, its yours.
>>
>>57013237

The point is it that he is right it is a liability waiting to happen, but the method he described is wrong. There are ways to hold them legally reasonable for damaging your car until they work out a system where they warn you about all the possible ways that this could fuck with your car.

Take the booting example, eventually, after being sued numerous times, they worked out a blazing system on the handle on your car and a giant sticker on the windshield.

Another suggestion in this thread was to break your own windshield and blame it on them with their 750 pounds of suction device.

>So you let your wipers run until they burned out instead of taking the steps of turning off your engine/the wipers ?

You wouldn't notice. I've seen a wiper motor burn out before and it didn't make a sound that you would hear inside the car. It's mostly the wipers moving against the glass that make a sound and they put this device on the bottom of the windshield, being it would only move a few inches before binding.

They will get sued.
>>
>>57013308
>im not new, i've been here whole summer!
Its not that complex, you'd be surprised how easy breaking into most of these things (especially goverment) really is. Not because of some inherent problems with devices, but the people using them.
>>
>>57012197
>Put a film over Windshield
>When you get one just peel off film
?
>>
>>57013308

You clearly don't have any experience in cities that have booting problems. Niggers take them off all the time and do anything in their power to get them off.
>>
>>57013482
Or
>They just remove the film before putting the barnacle on.
They already have the permission to touch your stuff.
>>
>>57012351
Kek, this
>>
oh, I got one more:

neodymium magnets over the electronic parts
>>
>>57013468
I've had a wiper arm snap off its hinge because the blade was frozen, those motors are pretty fucking strong.
>>
>>57013526
The tamper system would go nuclear, unless you're able to either:
a) muffle it
b) be in private
Its a pretty bad idea.
>>
File: 1319558188039.jpg (29KB, 500x280px) Image search: [Google]
1319558188039.jpg
29KB, 500x280px
>Now lets discuss the best place to crash into a police car to disable it, so they cant give you your speeding ticket.

I cant imagine anyone getting around the ticket by removing these then just driving off just leaving it, or even bringing it.
>>
>>57012197
>Drive car
>Crash into wall
>Sustain injuries
>Sue
>>
File: barnacle.jpg (72KB, 500x282px) Image search: [Google]
barnacle.jpg
72KB, 500x282px
>>
>>57013436

No it's not, at least in most cases. Could you find me any law that states that removing a parking device is illegal?

Damaging the device is against the law. You can watch videos where someone has taken it off in front of a police officer without damaging it and they just watched.

You're also missing the fact that these will be mostly used in private parking lots if they become popular. None of the city related stature would be applicable.
>>
>>57012197
Drive backwards, forever.
>>
>>57013548
If theres no one to check on you and you have an exploit, physical or otherwise then you can just treat it like other tickets; Not pay until absolutely necessary and keep driving even if you have no money at hand at the moment.
>>
>>57013498
>You clearly don't have any experience in cities that have booting problems. Niggers take them off all the time and do anything in their power to get them off.
No because we don't boot cars here, we flat out tow them away and charge people.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mv5UwsyVc3c

dumb niggers all around.
>>
>>57013546

"i was trying to pay, but it went off on its own. the city should really buy better equipment"

a powerful neodymium magnet is small and can be bought almost anywhere. at the very least, you could put them permanently out of commission. hypothetically speaking, of course.
>>
>>57012197
Corps Diplomatique number plates.
>>
>put painters tape on windshield, like you just got a new one
>You get the thing
>Melt the windshield off
>Sue them
>>
>>57012407
I imagine people just took off their wheels and put the spare in.
>>
File: x.jpg (478KB, 800x600px)
x.jpg
478KB, 800x600px
*opens front window*
lmao see ya
>>
>>57012370
Extremely. Parking Enforcement won't notice it, it's adhesive, comes off fast and Barnacle suctions won't stick to the glass, only the vinyl.
>>
>>57013539

Have you ever held the arm in place and watched as the motor fucked itself? They work in short bursts through a gear or cam like system. If it cannot complete the movement because someone is blocking it, it just keeps trying to until it burns out the motor.

This is an issue when someone improperly installs the motors and they bind up against a part of the car.

I replaced one on a Volvo. The OEM part was something like $400. For one motor...
>>
>>57012653
wanted to post exactly that image
>>
>>57013641
On my Jetta the arm that hinges on the piston that comes off the motor just pops off if you hold the blade in place.

Then you end up having to take a bunch of shit apart just to get to it because lol volkswagen.
>>
File: 1254804772823.jpg (29KB, 307x242px) Image search: [Google]
1254804772823.jpg
29KB, 307x242px
MAKE AN EVEN BIGGER VACUUM CUP AROUND IT!
>>
>>57013614
>*tips front window*
>>
>>57013589

Booting and immobilizing is better in someways, providing it is done by the city and not by private companies who use it as a ransom system but in reality, their goal should have been to move the car off the property and open the spot up.

If I get towed in my city, they take it two a place, a private company, that isn't even located on any bus route and is impossible to get to without a car.

They don't accept anything besides cash, I believe, and they charge massive storage fees despite having a large property in the middle of nowhere.

Now would you rather pay a $150 boot fee and wait for an hour, or not have your car for the day and pay $350?
>>
>>57013701

That's a smart way to get around it, although that still requires a repair, does it not?

I'm sure it would be a few hundred regardless, for the two motors. I think I'm onto something here.
>>
>>57012314
This
>all you did was armor my windshield
1 step closer to killdozer v2
>>
>>57012366
>>57013253
you have never seen the shit that happens in D.C.

And yes I know people who have just had it towed home.
The real tricksters are those diplomats who have it towed onto embassy land where US laws don't apply and then remove it.

One rich mofo, I personally met, just bought a new car and left the old one cause it was last years model anyway.

He didn't seen to understand cars have value as he seem to drive a different one every time he comes to Home Depot. He had me over load his old Jaguar with quick-dry cement bags. Told him it was too heavy for it, but he said he was in hurry to meet a fiend by the river and gave me a $50 to shut up and load it in.

pic may not be D.C. but I see similar stuff all the time.
The rich got lawyers for this, the poor just lose their way to get to work. It very dysfunctional, just like everything else here.
>>
>>57013351
fuck off /v/igger
>>
>>57012197
why not build your own, park wherever you want to, put it up on your windscreen
any cop pasing by will see it and think you've already been dealt with
free parking for live
>>
>>57013837
which raises the question, can these stick over a tank view port or is the geometer wrong. Cause that just another reason to drive a tank.
>>
>>57012197
I've never seen that shit
>>
>>57012197
Aren't wheel locks much more effective?
>>
>>57013943
I heard lowes pays better.
>>
>>57014226
Battery powered angle grinders are cheap.
>>
File: image (16).jpg (12KB, 380x347px) Image search: [Google]
image (16).jpg
12KB, 380x347px
Lmao just fuckin break the suction and throw it down. Its another way to steal taxes from you
>>
>>57014276
So what's next? They take your entire wheel?
>>
How much of a retarded nigger do you have to be to get one of these or a boot on your car?
>>
what stops you from making micro holes at key locations on your windshield? They'll be small enough to make this thing to appear as if it sticks, but it'll actually loose pressure in a couple of minutes after the cops are long gone.
>>
>>57013943
>quick-dry cement bags
>he said he was in hurry to meet a fiend by the river
Sounds scary, desu.
>>
>>57014450
the lack of 'tismo stops me from doing it anon
>>
>>57014357
The logical step would be for police to embed high explosives in it, armed to detonate if tampered.
>>
>>57014408
Very.
>>
>>57014496
Fuck the money grabbing cunting police.

Shit bastards can fuck themselves to death while being wrapped up in this shit.

Petrol bomb some fucking cruisers because they are all smiley cunts.

>tfw these are my opinions.
>mfw I am white male.
>>
File: 1472105399533.jpg (15KB, 223x209px)
1472105399533.jpg
15KB, 223x209px
>>57013567
Cheater
>>
>>57014450
My understanding of glass structural mechanics and how modern airbag use them to save my life in the event of an accident.

Seriously all these post about nicking, scratching, drilling, etc ... Just don't understand how important windshields are and how they are used in cars. It is actually very complex and involved in a number of systems.
>>
>>57014535
calm down moggit go get some tea or something.
>>
File: 1389017073302.gif (484KB, 450x319px) Image search: [Google]
1389017073302.gif
484KB, 450x319px
>>57014535
>>
>>57014276
>Grinding a boot off won't result in several thousand dollars worth of fines
What's the point of removing them? If you got booted chances are you can't pay, so why would you want the cops to put a warrant out for your arrest by grinding a boot off the car?
>>
>>57014613
>grind the boot off
>sell it to a scrapper
>cops can't say it was you who took the boot off without proof
>>
>>57014681
>be grinding off the boot
>ink everywhere

Shit.
>>
>>57014681
>Implying they need proof to say you took the boot off
>>
>>57012786
They take photos before and after putting on the barnacle.
>>
Put it in reverse and drive backwards all the way home
>>
>>57012653
Dammit you beat me to it
>>
>>57012197
I would realize I made a mistake in my parking, pay the fine, call and receive my code, enter it, and place it in the designated location.
>>
>>57012197
> How would you combat it?
Take a bar
Smash a window
Steal this shit
Replace window
>>
>>57014706
They do.

What's to stop some yahoo from grinding other car's boots off and sell them for scrap metal if they know they won't get it trouble? It becomes free money.
>>
>>57012197
>How would you combat it?

1) Roll down window.

2) Head out window.

3) Sunglasses on.

4) Drive away.

Reminds me of the car parked in the handicapped spot that passersby plastered with Post-It notes. The owner returned, removed a few from the windshield, and drove off furiously with hardly any view of the road.
>>
>>57012320
>it'll be difficult to monitor the suction cups.

Uh. Vacuum sensor.

Or maybe you meant physical intrusion against them, like a putty knife.
>>
>>57014810
The likelihood that someone is going around grinding boots off to sell for scrap is miniscule. The likelihood that Tyrone rented an angle grinder from home depot and removed the boot himself is extraordinarily high.

If it came down to "prove I did it protip you can't" the police could just get a warrant for your financial records and see a rental from home depot for a tool.
>>
>>57013075
>Do cops clamp your car when you get fined for aparking violation until you pay up?

Not just cops. Private parking lots will do it, too.

Had a GF call me in tears because she parked at Walgreens and walked across the street to the hipster grocery store that's always jam-packed. Fat black security lady at the Walgreens clamped her.

God, she was dumb and self-centered.
>>
>>57012197
See thing this this is pretty much fail and I'll explain why. Parking your car where the negro hangs out, usually in many numbers, will be able to disable this by simply cutting the front window out, throwing a brick through the window or simply lifting the car along with the other negro into a place where they can break into your automobile and have at some joyriding. For example donut turns, bank robberies and so forth. The possibilities are quite numerous.
>>
>>57014849
kek, should've called the cops for vandalism.
>>
>>57013418
>dad parks wherever he wants, gets tons of parking tickets
>parking tickets are tied to the license plate
>every year he just pays the $40 fee to get a new plate
>>
>>57014901
This is illegal in many states
>>
>>57012888
That's the spirit
>>
>>57013943
Well what if you throw a paper cup in the bin and some hobo comes up to you and says "you don't seem to realize a paper cup has value"? You gotta place yourself in the shoes of a filthy rich guy man.
>>
>>57014870
>>warrant for your financial records and see a rental from home depot for a tool.
>pay for the tool in cash
>cops can't prove shit
Cops aren't magic you know. Grinders have plenty of other users for scrappers.
>>
>>57014960

based
>>
>>57015021
You have to give personal info to rent the tool. I'm pretty sure they don't take cash either.

So you could either buy an angle grinder for more money than it would cost to remove the boot and then face jail time for destroying it, or you could just pay the fine.
>>
>>57012197
Why not just keep a dirty windshield so it can't stick?
>>
>>57012476
it probably has a time-based lockout
>>
>>57012197
Just pay the fee Tyrone.
>>
Do you have to tip the person putting on the barnacle before or after it is removed? Do you also clap when he removes it? lol

Thank god I don't live in a shitty police state.
>>
>>57014001
That's pretty goooood
>>
>>57015124
>t. Britcuck who gets arrested and jailed for encrypting his files and not handing over the key, or telling others how to encrypt things
>>
>>57015151
Nope lol. Did you have to tip comcast to make this comment?
>>
>>57015050

No, this isn't reasonable.

You can angle grinders up for $15 from Harbor Freight. Add in a few blades and you would still have an investment of less than $25, including tax.

Very few people would bother with rental.
>>
>>57013006
Kek
What if you see one on somebody else's car and you make the alarm go off for shits and giggles
>>
>>57013439
That's not how property law works.
Possession is 9/10 the law, but this falls under the other 1/10 e.g. when people can prove they own the item in question.
>>
>>57012197
cover your window with lube.
they cant install the thing he-he-he.
>>
>>57015176
>Angle grinder for $15
No. What the fuck are talking about
>>
>>57015210
>engrave piece of steel with a hash key
>film yourself super gluing it to someone's car
>when they drive away sue them for stealing your property
>prove it's yours with the video and a copy of the engraved hash

epic!
>>
>>57015261

http://www.harborfreight.com/4-12-in-43-amp-angle-grinder-60625.html

http://www.harborfreight.com/4-12-in-43-amp-angle-grinder-69645.html

You apologize.
>>
>>57013612
the "boot" prevents normal means of taking the wheels off since it blocks the nuts and bolts that keep it on. there was a strategy someone used to beat the boo that would also work with this device or another like it:
just put a fake on yourself. then take it off when you leave.
>>
>>57012197
>pump it until there's so much pressure that your windshield cracks
>this releases the suction cup and makes it look like the cop did it
>call your car insurance company
>sue the city to replace your windshield

i'm not sure if you could actually crack it by pumping though.
>>
>lock windshield wipers or anything else that can go over the windshield in place (visors, mounted lights and shit).

>barnacle can't be put on

problem solved
>>
>>57015004
What could the hobo gain with the paper cup?
>>
Pay the fee, have it removed. Next night go out and squeeze liquid solder into several dozen parking meter coin slots. Works great on keyholes, too. Fuck 'em.
>>
File: 1476064892214.png (183KB, 318x325px) Image search: [Google]
1476064892214.png
183KB, 318x325px
>>57012197
>trusting someone to put a windshield size cover that probably weighs a good 50lbs on someones car without fucking the car
>>
File: mr-bean.png (194KB, 377x308px) Image search: [Google]
mr-bean.png
194KB, 377x308px
>>
File: 1408474452557.jpg (56KB, 358x429px)
1408474452557.jpg
56KB, 358x429px
>>57013093
exactly this. go into any money strapped city and you'll notice it. in small towns they do it by pulling over people on the highway for no reason. where I live, chicago, they have literally directed all city forces who can collect money based on regulations to become basically scam artists. in the meantime they pass laws to make it easier to scam people. oh and don't forget about raising taxes on poor consumers instead of the rich. they target the working class and small business pretty much exclusively because they know they can't fight back in any real way. they send in cops as spies to entrap people into committing minor business infractions. IE they will fine you thousands based on hearsay evidence that you closed your store like 2 min early or opened 2 min early. they do the same thing with every other minor regulation like displaying official stickers that are shabby, stuff like that. traffics cams are a big scam here too, not only is it noticeable in practice but there have been numerous investigations and convictions where officials pretty much set up the whole system as a bribe scheme. with the parking meters they were so greedy that they literally sold a "contract" to some french company for the entire city. the city gets a lump sum of like 200 mil. the company gets to enforce parking fees for eternity, collecting probably 10x the amount they paid at least. when things get that bad it's the right of the citizen to fuck that system back as much as they are able.

>city complains about lack of money
>spends hundreds of millions in hush money and legal battles for cops who murdered/abused/raped/tortured etc. and for defending their own illegal "laws"

detroit 2.0 if something doesn't change quick.
>>
>>57013589
>we flat out tow them away and charge people.
can't do that with a lot of modern cars because of how the suspension works. you have to flatbed it, more time, money, and effort for the city and towers.

not to mention towing doesn't work at all if you don't have room to do it, and many no parking spaces are jammed into tight limits like in between normal parking.
>>
Where the fuck is this fucking thing from? Murrica? In my country they deflate your tires
>>
File: bead1[1].jpg (243KB, 1920x1080px)
bead1[1].jpg
243KB, 1920x1080px
>>57015819
If they deflated my tires I'd fucking murder someone. Thats a real good fucking way to ruin a set of tires. Pic related is the shit that happens to tires when the bead pinches them.
>>
File: 1889.0.570.359.jpg (20KB, 570x359px) Image search: [Google]
1889.0.570.359.jpg
20KB, 570x359px
>>57014849
>>
File: serveimage.jpg (247KB, 1500x1125px)
serveimage.jpg
247KB, 1500x1125px
>>57015966
You should see what happens to the inside of a deflated tyre when its driven on.
>>
File: file.png (14KB, 150x94px)
file.png
14KB, 150x94px
>>57012197
I would just have a Klab Kalash and wait for the officer
>>
File: N5lxp53.jpg (503KB, 2460x2033px)
N5lxp53.jpg
503KB, 2460x2033px
>>
File: 1473756143145.png (278KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
1473756143145.png
278KB, 640x360px
>>57016531
>dashcam? nope, fucking exterior surveillance camera
>>
>>57012197
I like how after you pay they expect you to take the device and drop it off for them. Bull fucking shit. They can't obligate you to do that. I might pay, but I'd leave the thing on the sidewalk after I took it off. If they want it back, it's their job to come get it.
>>
>>57012197
Remove it,say niggers stole it for the copper inside.
>>
File: download (31).jpg (8KB, 256x144px)
download (31).jpg
8KB, 256x144px
>>57012197
This useually works..
>>
>>57012197
Use a car cover. It's like a condom for your car!
>>
>>57016531
>Texas
I am not surprised
>>
>>57013418
Can I ask a brief Ontario question?

I was in Toronto recently and every street I tried parking on stated I needed a sticker to park there from 12-7. This was everywhere in the part I was in. Is that shit really enforced?
>>
>>57014960
Dude.
Is this legit?
They can't possibly let you renew your license plate once a year
>>
>>57015050
You can get an angle grinder from /CSG/ for less than a dinner at Apple bees
>>
>>57013567
kek
>>
>>57012348
I'm not, I'm just a scumbag engineer lol
>>
It's just more ransomware for your car. I think this is a terrible idea, but mainly because they give you a code to remove it yourself.
It wouldn't be hard to make one of these and force people to send money to a bitcoin wallet to remove it. If you were to target expensive cars, it would be more expensive to replace the windshield than it would to just pay the fee, and more convenient than calling the police and waiting for them to handle it.

If I were to try and crack it, I'd start by trying something simple, like lubing the windshield and trying to wiggle it around, trying to slide a straw between it, etc. It'll set off an alarm, but alarms constantly go off in big cities, so I wouldn't really care much about that, nor would I try and disconnect the alarm.
Haven't seen the inside, but I doubt it's as simple as removing the speaker wires, so you'd probably have to physically destroy it. That could lead to being charged with destruction of public property, and probably wouldn't be worth it in the long run.

Whatever the case, this just seems like a terrible idea. Force officers to go out and remove them. If we don't at least do that much, you'll see them all over the place for petty charges.
>>
File: 1471130126769.jpg (69KB, 577x599px)
1471130126769.jpg
69KB, 577x599px
>>57016531
>Nerf guns
>>
File: IMG_1878.jpg (240KB, 806x604px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1878.jpg
240KB, 806x604px
checkmate
>>
>>57012197
1. Don't park like a cunt.
2. Don't receive barnacle.
3. ????
4. PROFIT!
>>
>>5701562
i work at a liqour store in los angeles and that closing a store late thing is real. we recently got fined for completing a transaction at 2.01 selling alcohol the night before we had an atf audit. (the men in black come, check all the ciggerettes and alcohol stock aswell as any weapons we may have behind the counter; which are 2 machetes a baseball bat, a taser gun, a taser bat, and a double barrel). They shut the store down and run all working employees socials, and id's as well as warrant checking.

[spoiler]off topic but i did have a shooting outside last friday and had to shut the store down for 3 hours, when the cops came my manager told me to say "i didn't see anything i was in the back // we don't have access to the cameras thats the owner you need to contact him // get a warrant[/spoiler]
>>
THE BARNACLE
>>
File: syringe.jpg (22KB, 727x589px)
syringe.jpg
22KB, 727x589px
>Wrap foil around the barnacle to prevent it from sending a radio signal.
>Get a long ass needle and a syringe.
>Put some soap water in it.
>Slide under suction cup and spray away.
>???
>Free barnacle, disable the batteries and hang it on your wall.

You could fill a wall with them.
>>
Seems like an absolutely horrible idea considering that it doesn't physically stop the car from moving like a boot and anyone dumb enough to get on on their car is also going to be dumb enough to try and drive with it on anyway.
>>
>>57015051
Yeah, it's not like you actually needed to SEE THROUGH it anyways.
>>
File: 734653.jpg (50KB, 458x990px)
734653.jpg
50KB, 458x990px
>>57013419
It took this long for a winrar?
>>
>>57013515
They don't have permission to remove anything from your car or remove/modify any of your possesions. Only to add that thing on there. In the UK you can cover your plate and the ticket people can't touch it (law) I've done it loads of times on my bike. Another way is to use industrial velcro on your plate and take it with you (legal)
>>
>>57016531
>zombie
kek
>>
>>57013093
Why don't they just tow the cars then?

It's a win-win scenario-
- The city makes their fine money plus some
- The obstruction is removed
- Jobs are created (towtruck drivers, who needn't be employed by the city, but simply contracted to move a vheicle for a fee if a call comes in, like a Taxi Driver but forget the expensive radio infrastructure, just email all the drivers, they can have arrangements to read their email if they want to be paid)
>>
>retards think you can just remove it and drive away

what is recording your driver's license and placing a warrant out for your arrest when they find the device going off on the sidewalk
>>
>>57016531
That can't be road legal.
Its a hazard in itself.
>>
>>57020368
Not likely is australia m8.
The city can't put a warrant out for your arrest and the Police aren't part of the City, they're a state asset (we don't have local, state and federal cops, just state and feds)

As long as you didn't steal or damage the device, you're not going to be slapped with anything.

Of course, I'm sure the device itself will be designed in such a way that unauthorised removal (short of removing the windscreen intact) will damage the device in some way, so that removal will always result in charges.
>>
don't park where you're not supposed to, that's how.
>>
>>57012197
Make your own, put it on when you park, fin.
>>
>buy your own
>park wherever you want
why are we having 2 week old pol threads on /g/ anyway
>>
>>57020368
They have to prove it was you who removed it. There's already people who go around removing other people's boots for shit and giggles/principles.
>>
>>57020746
If only this kind of power could be used to good...
>>
>>57012419
I was thinking the same thing
>>
What happens if one of these is put on a self-driving car?
>>
>>57012383
>long flexible none edged knife things for removing baked food from baking tray
Are you trying to say spatula?
>>
>>57015415
Semen recipient
>>
>>57012632
>Even then, I would be able to get it off long before the police would arrive from a noise complaint
Nobody would call the police to report someone removing a barnacle. They don't even call the cops on car alarms when they're being stolen. This is even less likely to have anyone give a shit.

They're more likely to yell out the window for you to hurry up and get it the fuck off so that they can go back to fapping.

Anyway, I'd try everclear. It's probably water resistant because of rain but pour enough everclear into cracks and something will get in somewhere and melt some shit.

>>57012653
>There's literally always a car alarm going off at the nearby parking lot, nobody bats an eye
This.
>>
>>57012702
>Cilvally, it's another story, but they would be suing people who wouldn't have the money to pay anyways and the vast majority of people who take one of these off wouldn't end up getting sue.
It wouldn't be a law suit, it would be a criminal fine, like any parking ticket.

The gubbmint would take your shekals and not give you much of a choice about it.

>>57012702
>No, they would have to prove beyond a reasonable doubt that you, personally, took it off
There's a slim hope there but the onus of proof would probably be reversed, you might have to try and prove that it wasn't there.
>>
>>57012271
>Not having a metal cylinder with a rubber to seal anything to puncture the auction cup
>>
>>57012872
>a good lawyer could get the company in some shit,
No but a bad lawyer could try. It wouldn't go anywhere, the company is protected by the city government who passed enabling legislation/regulations to make it happen. They're allowed to do what they're doing because it makes money for the gubbmint.
>>
So what stops me from detaching it and fixing it to someone else's windshield?
>>
>buy your own barnacle
>put it on your windshield when parking

What are they going to do, barnacle your barnacle?
>>
>>57021136
You probably need to give some kind of personal information over the phone when you call in to get the unlock code.
>>
>>57021165
Put it on your rear window maybe
>>
>>57021232
Theyd probably think another officer gave you the front one.
>>
>>57012197
Nice cross post from /o/
It actually made me happy there are people from both boards
>>
File: 54386416876871.png (100KB, 300x300px)
54386416876871.png
100KB, 300x300px
How about you guys just not be niggers and stop breaking the law?
>>
>>57012897
>You realize that windshield tint goes over the windshield?
It doesn't because that's not a thing (any actual tint is going to be applied to the glass when it's made, everything else is nonsense). The dumb shit Joe's Toy Shop does doesn't mean anything in real life.
>>
Oh barnacles
>>
>>57012197
>Happy 13th Birthday 4chan!
>Cooldown time lowered for 4chan Pass users!
>You can now renew your Pass if it expires in less than 6 months.
>Don't forget the banner contest
drill?
>>
>>57016531
>>57018074
I actually see this shit all the time in Texas, noticed one of the super duty pickups in the parking garage with spikes on the wheels.

The spikes aren't even bad on this Jeep.
>>
>>57012239
they still know your vehicle id
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (90KB, 1280x720px)
maxresdefault.jpg
90KB, 1280x720px
I can't imagine mounting this toy on my h1.
This would end up suing the police/ticket faggot for scratching the window and damaging my property.
>>
>>57020515
>>57015370
>>57013482
>>57014001
>>57018055

Only good answers.
>>
>>57013567
that'd be tricky in a manual
>>
>>57012197
>I have numerous ways to remove these things with success (no I will not share)
So you don't...
>>
use a dremel to drill a tiny hole in the windshield to relieve the suction cup
>>
>tfw, you realize this thread is about bustin' barnacles :^)
>>
>>57023714
kek, americunt
>>
>>57014936
2/5 effort was invested in bait

>>57021741
0.5/5 minimal effort but at least you posted a picture

>>57023793
>drill a tiny hole through a large pane of safety glass kept at high tension

>>57023794
reddit/5
>>
>>57023918
>reddit/5

You should go back there and make your witty comments.
>>
>>57012320
>Australia
Why am I not suprised that the old-man nanny-state implemented something so intrusive and obnoxious.
>>
>>57020989
It goes fucking berserk and kills the elderly and children.
>>
Use a heat gun on the opposite side of the cups until they start to warp and melt
>>
If they ever deploy this shit in my town, I'll change my daily lunch walk to go down the street setting them all off.

I'm sure they'll stick around when they end up causing a racket every day.
>>
>>57012419

Or through the top plastic instead of through the windshield... But that's none of my business!
>>
>>57012197
yeah id probably break my windshield out and toss the thing on someone else's truck lol
i live in Arizona a new windshield is free and i get $200 thru a loophole
>>
Front visibility is overrated anyway
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-z--rZOOHOA
>>
>>57012197
some sort of pre-emptive Barnacle Blocker
A large plate you stick on you windscreen that locks on but you can get it off
>>
>>57021021
I believe anon is referring to a palette knife.
>>
>>57012197
I have several ideas, curious as to how many would work.

>Find where speaker is and figure out a way to muffle it.
>Fry the circuitry with EMI.
>Use strong magnet to fuck with speaker.
>Check for transparent film or coating with uneven surface that the suction cups might not be able to seal onto properly.
>Try changing the temperature of the windshield where the suction cups contact and see if you can loosen the seal via gas expansion/contraction.
>Insert a vibrator on the inner side of the windshield where the suction cups contact and see if it can break the seal without breaking the windshield at a certain frequency and amplitude.
>Needle and air compressor, punch needle through suction cup or try to slide tip through gap and fill with air or lubricant to break the vacuum seal.

Most of the these methods would trip the alarm so you would need to figure out how to muffle it first.
>>
From what I understand after seeing the video, it's just a plastic shell?

That means that you can just drill through from the outside and into the suction cup, which only are only TWO.

Very easily removed.

Had they made it with 8-10 smaller cups, it would have been much more difficult.
>>
>>57012271
you will be charged with a fine and a cost to replace that thing
you think they dont know what cars they put it on?
>>
>>57025231
>i dunno what happened some niggers must've stolen it
>>
>>57025249
if its in an area where you will hvae it deployed there will be ccd cams
also why would they steal it? it has no value
you'll get fined for parking violation either way and if it's not recovered the amount will probably be higher
>>
>>57025271
>wear a balaclava
>tear it off your car
>destroy it and set it on fire for shiggles
>leave the scene
>come back 10 minutes later and drive away
Bulletproof
>>
>>57025285
and then you wake up
>>
What if I turn on my windshield wipers before turning the car off, leaving them in the way of applying this shit? I doubt they would remove my wipers
>>
>>57012197
Oh i dont know.. How about NOT PARKING LIKE A FUCKING NIGGER, TYRONE???
>>
>>57014040
They sure as hell can try, but I doubt that little toy could stop something like a tank.
>>
>>57020368
Note that in the united States, due to the way this system works, they can only prosecute you if you damaged the device in the process of removal, if you just rip your windshield off and replace it, they can't do anything short of watching you and asking you not to do it. So long as you don't damage the device, that is.
>>
>>57025231
>you think they dont know what cars they put it on?
Then why don't they just put a piece of paper under your wipers or mail you a bill like they do in civilized parts of the world?
>>
>>57012197
What about cabrios?
>>
>>57025827
To "encourage" you to pay their salary.
>>
>>57025573
They'd just flip the wipers up. Leave them waving in the air like bug antennae
>>
>>57025285
>wear a balaclava
>Get shot by cops
>Bang Bang!
>Hands up
In that order.
>>
>>57025054
>some sort of pre-emptive Barnacle Blocker
>A large plate you stick on you windscreen that locks on but you can get it off
Genius. You could do it with just a handful of little plastic shits.

They need to stick to the windshield pretty well, be clear enough not to be ugly and be small enough not to block your view.

You'd stick a few around the edges of the windshield, about 5-10cm from the edge so that they're out of your line of site but in the way of the barnacle, it couldn't get suction properly.

It would be really easy to do.
>>
>>57025606
Epic Post, Bro! ScreenCapping For Reddit Now!

>>>/pol/
>>
>>57013439
You're free to scream that when the officers come to pick you at home, idiot.
>>
You all know that some Australian madman is gonna drive with this thing attached
Thread posts: 315
Thread images: 40

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.