[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How is MATE so feature rich, functional, and lightweight?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 1

How is MATE so feature rich, functional, and lightweight?

It barely uses more resources than LXDE but is better than even a bloated mess like cinnamon or gnome.
>>
Because gnome 2 was the pinnacle and arguably the best desktop environment Linux has ever had.
>>
>>57009394
>shilling for MATE
>accompanied by a picture of a brown-skinned harlot
Not a coincidence.

MATE is made by Algerian sand niggers.
>>
>>57009400
Then Algerian sand niggers are the greatest programmers when you consider there competition is junk like gnome 3.
>>
>>57009420
>gnome 3 is bad

love this meme
please tell me about the features I'm missing out on by not using MATE
>>
>>57009457
What features does gnome 3 have that MATE doesn't?
>>
>>57009473
I don't know. I've never used MATE.
>>
>>57009420
>junk like gnome 3
Your fallacy is to assume that Gnome 3 is the only other DE in existence.

Also, they are arguably not great programmers as all they've done is to fork gnome 2 and do extensive rebranding.
>>
>>57009394
>It barely uses more resources than LXDE
wohwohwoh, twice as much at best, it is not barely more
btw, it's still less than gnome 3 and kde but it's close to XFCE
it's just a fucking updated gnome 2, nothing more. the mate team shouldn't be proud of it
>>
>>57009542
I went from lubuntu to Ubuntu mate and only saw a 20MB increase in memory usage. Went from 310MB to 330.

Mate definitely uses more, but on my d2550 I can't tell a performance difference so I just stick to mate.
>>
>>57009394

Lumina is still better than all of those.
>>
>>57009394
dumb niggerposter
>>
>>57009394
I tried MATE once. It was okay for a while, but then my minimized tabs would disappear. They wouldn't minimize to the launcher bar, they'd just disappear. This happened on two seperate machines of mine. Weird.
>>
it was poop compared to kde3.
>>
>>57010280
You sound frustrated.
>>
>>57010286
Why are you replying to imaginary posts?
Are you okay?
>>
>>57010312
lol you clearly deleted your own post to make him look crazy.
>>
File: 1471874648372.jpg (181KB, 540x739px)
1471874648372.jpg
181KB, 540x739px
>>57009394
Why do mods get so easily triggered by black women?
>>
>>57010325
Because they're disgusting
>>
>>57010318

Mods deleted it for breaking GR#3.

>>57010325

Reminder that if you look at the race of women posted on this board, then you are a racist.

>>57010333

Did a black woman reject you? You sound very frustrated.
>>
>>57010348
No, I just think they look like sweaty shaved monkeys.
>>
>>57010359
Go back to pol
>>
>>57009542
>it's just a fucking updated gnome 2, nothing more. the mate team shouldn't be proud of it
le rewriting everything from scratch is better fallacy

Many package maintainers complained that they wouldn't support 2 versions of gnome, the MATE team managed to discard the cruft and upgrade it to support new interfaces.

>>57010267
Yeah, but Trinity gets much less development than MATE
>>
>>57010359
Please stop, if you're trying to be funny it's not working, and if you're serious then we don't want your kind here.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.