[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What do you think the chances are that bubbling's just a

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

File: 20160928_203433.jpg (2MB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
20160928_203433.jpg
2MB, 3264x1836px
What do you think the chances are that bubbling's just a trick of the light?
>>
>>57006340
>when you never learned what static electricity was
what bubbles nigga?
>>
>>57006340

Life doesn't work that way. Study once in a fucking while.
>>
>>57006340
8 out of 10.
>>
Looks pretty glaring to me.
>>
>>57006367

I meant light but my iPhone auto-corrected it.
>>
>>57006366
it's fine. basically everything has esd protection in 2016
>>
>>57006385
it's not fine. this is why there are so many marginal parts on shit these days, niggas can't take care of what they own.
>>
>>57006366
It's not mine (yet), and please learn how static buildup works. Just because you build up a charge walking across carpet doesn't mean the carpet possesses "static" that goes around zapping things. That he put the parts on carpet is the last thing I'm worried about.
>>
>>57006396
This.

OP it's ruined.

Also that looks like an old board.

>Static on exposed PCB = DED PCB

R I P
>>
>>57006340
I miss green motherboards.
>>
its actually: fine.
>>
>>57006429
* what I am worried about is the mess around the x16 slot.
>>
>>57006431
>Also that looks like an old board.
It's LGA 1155.
>>
>>57006429
>Just because you build up a charge walking across carpet doesn't mean the carpet possesses "static" that goes around zapping things
You walk on it, it has a charge. Just because you can't feel it, doesn't mean it can't affect sensitive devices. Please fuck off. You obviously don't know shit, either, since you're worried about shit looking solder mask that affects literally nothing.
>>
>>57006967
good job regurgitating memes idiot. nothing on that board is going to die from the static charge of carpet, but the bubbled mask could easily indicateq water damage and thus corroded traces. why dont you take your gaming rig back to /v/?
>>
>>57006967
Fuck u
>>
>>57006967
You're from the South, aren't you?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Triboelectric_effect
>>
>>57007554
literally no cmos that you'd find on a motherboard made in the last decade will be damaged by the discharge from a carpet.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.