[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Seriously, what the FUCK am I supposed to do if I love FireFox,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 68
Thread images: 8

Seriously, what the FUCK am I supposed to do if I love FireFox, but hate all of their telemetry, SSD-eating capabilities, and Chrome penis-envy?

Is Pale Moon a meme?
Is Waterfox a meme?
Is SeaMonkey a meme?

I just want a basic bitch, resource light, secure,addon capable FireFox that doesn't fucking spy on me or take 15 minutes to load a webpage.
>>
Opera. By far the best one on the market.
>>
Just install Chromium. Why would you stay loyal to a browser that has betrayed you?
>>
>>57004036
Chromium eats SSDs even faster than Firefox and is ugly as shit.
>>
File: icecat.png (513KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
icecat.png
513KB, 900x900px
>>57003908
>>
>>57004129
Will it run necessary FF addons? Ublock/umatrix/greasemonkey/noscript, shit like that?
>>
>>57004129
do they collect data as well??
>>
>>57004036
Not op, but it basically boils down to child hood indoctrination.
My entire life was spent only being able to trust firefox. Now Im left holding shit and lack the ability to trust a new group of neckbeards to make my browser.
>>
>>57004150
Yes.
>>57004163
I do not believe so.

It's fucking GNU/freedom master race guys.
They don't change much, but I definitely trust them more than and like having them as a buffer between myself and Mozilla.
Happy to help you install it if it's not in your repos.
>>
>>57003908
Get cyberfox or waterfox. I recommend the first. The second is mantained by a 19 retard so take your chances.

Avoid "free" distributions like seamonkey.

Get pale moon if you need legacy performance and dont mind to be late on security updates and patches.
>>
>>57003908
how do you turn off the ssd-eating
>>
>>57004205
19 year old*
>>
>>57004196
i am on gnu website looking for privacy info and its not on there so they must be data collectors free.
i will get it know, tx anon
>>
>>57004205
cyberfox or icecat ??
>>
>>57004205
Since /g/ is the king of obscure bullshit that's only used to be a contrarian, why haven't I heard of CyberFox? Is it so underground even /g/ is too mainstream for it?
>>
File: Screenshot (78).png (195KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot (78).png
195KB, 1366x768px
>>57004394
>>
File: checked.jpg (27KB, 618x412px) Image search: [Google]
checked.jpg
27KB, 618x412px
>>57004406
>whilst using Firefox

I guess there really is no other choice
>>
I've had my ssd for over 2 years and I haven't had any problems using firefox (I've been using firefox for ages.)

The only problem I DO have is a problem with my motherboard. When I have Windows on my SSD and try to drag something to the HDD to transfer files, Windows will lock up and crash. Linux doesn't have this problem though.
>>
>>57004406
i know, every browser collects data therefore we can use any
>>
>>57004429
point is everyone collects data no escape
>>
>>57003908
Use palemoon, it removes ALL of that and is on a separately developed code fork.
>>
>>57004487
Can I use every up-to-date addon that FF uses?

Pale Moon sounds like the tits but if I have to go back and search update logs to find out which addon was FF.24 compatible that would be a bitch and a half.

Is Pale Moon's about:config the same as FF?
>>
Very simple: Whoops forgot to post the link to a website that lets You download older version software.

then DDG "Ananomize ******** browser"
>>
>>57003908

Use Vivaldi. It is fast and uses chrome extensions. It is the best none Chrome browser.
>>
>>57004508
>Can I use every up-to-date addon that FF uses?
Nope, about 75%, I just use old versions if they're not compatible. The compromise, in my opinion, is worth it as I cannot stand the latest firefox or chrome.

>Is Pale Moon's about:config the same as FF?
Pretty much, the defaults are changed to be more privacy oriented.
>>
>>57004561
You're convincing, anon.

How do I use addons that are outdated then?
>>
>>57004570
god dammit
kill yourself faggot
>>
>>57003908
>telemetry
Can be turned of via mozconfig + about:config
>ssd
You would literally need to write 10tb of data for 10 years before that would become a problem
Also
>caching

>pb
Meme and excessivly out dated,they have to backport security fixes over 20 revisions behind.Their dev "team" is slow and incompetent
>seakmonkey
This is an email client
>>
>>57004570
Most of them work and install but if they don't you just view version history and find the latest compatible one: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-us/firefox/addon/visual-hashing/versions/
>>
Seamonkey works, it just takes a lot of tweaking to run like a modern browser, and everything doesn't run with it.
>>
>>57004599
Oh, neat. So Pale Moon will identify which version is compatible via that search engine? Thanks m8.
>>
>>57003908
>but hate all of their telemetry, SSD-eating capabilities
Chromium does the same things dumbass
>>
File: wtf.gif (997KB, 500x296px) Image search: [Google]
wtf.gif
997KB, 500x296px
>>57004697
Nigger I never said I wanted to use Chromium, I want a Firefox fork that fixes this bullshit, fuck Google.
>>
what i really hate is them fucking up the things that made firefox good (tabgroups, killing the old extension format for shitty ass chrome-like extensions) and the sjw garbage like spending 10k to remove slave from the source or whatever the fuck that was

browsers got too big and the web now is controlled by fucking greedy corporations full of interests, so i doubt we'll ever see another smaller opensource project emerge as an alternative. we're just fucked. i half blame web developers' incompetence too, needing the standards to be constantly updated to make shitty websites that eat up ram and cpu for no fucking gain in productivity, presentation, scalability or maintainability
>>
File: 01.png (14KB, 800x473px) Image search: [Google]
01.png
14KB, 800x473px
>>57003908

Wait... firefox spys on me ?!?!

Fug...

Not, seriously, firefox spys on me ?!

Give details please
>>
>>57004716
Firefox does not use telemetry by default. The only functionality that is enabled is the crash reporter and it prompts you before it even sends anything so you can prevent it from sending anything.

The session manager can be tweaked to prevent it from writing as frequently but even if you do not it would probably take multiple decades to wear an SSD out from just it alone.
>>
>>57004750
just google firefox telemetry fag
>>
Just turn off telemetry and use an HDD.
>>
File: 1459827287294.jpg (58KB, 617x399px) Image search: [Google]
1459827287294.jpg
58KB, 617x399px
>>57004786
>your most used application that takes up 80% of pc usage
>"just throw it on your HDD"
>>
>>57004750
Only spies on interesting, influential people, not weebs.
>>
>>57004806

Fug you ! I'm a super interesting weeb

>>57004753

So, then it's just the usual /g/ exageration over small things
>>
>>57004870
>So, then it's just the usual /g/ exageration over small things
Yes. When you first start firefox it tells you the functions exist but aside from the crash reporter all of them are disabled. They ask you to enable telemetry if you want to help Mozilla steer the browser's development. They use the data gathered from telemetry to eliminate little used functionality and to modify and improve the user interface. There's also the health reporter that records the browser's start up time and performance which helps Mozilla find regressions they might have missed in the development stages.
>>
>>57003908
So disable that shit in about:config. If you switch to Chrome/Chromium/Opera you can't even do that.
>>
>>57004208
set browser.sessionstore.interval to a really high number
>>
>>57004097
chrome://flags
ctrl-f material
select material instead of default and material design in native UI
>>
>>57004737
>so i doubt we'll ever see another smaller opensource project emerge as an alternative
Keep an eye on Otter Browser.

https://otter-browser.org/
>>
>>57004587
um... the fact is most people don't want new firefox, and like pale moon, no real issue with it being an older version other then it's a bit slower.
>>
>>57003987
Opera 12. Never bettered.
>>
>>57005071
>their website

you can't be serious nigga
>>
>>57005210
Other than being perfectly functional, well arranged, easy to use, and not bogged down with unnecessary scripts and flashy shit like some GeoCities page on steroids; what's wrong with it?
>>
>>57005358
why should i take their site seriously when they can't even account for easily correctible grammatical errors?

I spend half of my time on my pc using an internet browser and these faggots can't spellcheck their download page?
>>
Anyone tried Epic?
>>
>>57003908
>Is Pale Moon a meme?

It's a stripped down version of Firefox without Australis. Less memory bloat at the cost of extension compatibility. A good number of extensions are still compatible, and the PM site has a few PM-specific forks of other popular extensions.

>Is SeaMonkey a meme?

Comparable to PM in terms of memory usage, but it includes extra features like an email client. Even less extension compatibility.

>Waterfox

Never used it
>>
>>57005398
I'm pretty sure he is Polish.
>>
>>57004097
use a symbolic link for the cache folder on your HDD you retard
>>
should I use dev edition or normal edition
>>
>>57004443
What does the sepples in that picture do?
>>
>>57005464
>Pale Moon

is this that meme browser that had an entire paragraph on its website that claimed to be faster and more optimized and it turned out they just enabled -O3 in the build flags or something?
>>
>>57004406

So they gather my data even though i don't want them to. Is Pale Moon good at all?
>>
>>57005511
Dev has one of the best themes I've seen in a major browser.
>>
>>57005610
pale moon is minimum as fuck i guess
>>
>>57005611
I know right

but you can enable it on the normal release versions
>>
>>57005549
>is this that meme browser that had an entire paragraph on its website that claimed to be faster and more optimized and it turned out they just enabled -O3 in the build flags or something?

No. Several "useless" features like parental controls are completely stripped from the browser so there's less overhead. The Atom/XP build goes as far as to remove error reporting and developer tools.

It's like Firefox 4 with modern Web standard support and security fixes.
>>
>>57005027

Native UI?
Can't find that one in here.
>>
The whole "SSD-eating" thing is a non-issue. It would take 8+ years for the amount of data to cause an SSD to fail.
>>
>>57005802
>hurr it doesn't effect me so i can write it off

go fuck yourself
>>
>>57003908
>but hate all of their telemetry, SSD-eating capabilities
Switch them of subhuman.
>>
>>57003908
no
yes
no
Thread posts: 68
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.