[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I've been an iPhone user for most of my smartphone-owning

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

File: image.jpg (146KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
146KB, 900x900px
I've been an iPhone user for most of my smartphone-owning career but that "gutting the headphone jack" thing killed it for me and next phone I'm getting is NOT going to be an iPhone.

What does /g/ think is the best smartphone brand out right now?
>>
Samsung is on fire right now.
>>
File: 1472749527714.png (247KB, 432x313px) Image search: [Google]
1472749527714.png
247KB, 432x313px
>>57003962
>>
LG.

>Non flagship-phones (normies don't just buy because brand name)
>beautiful UI
>headphone jack not sold separately
>
>
>
>I have no other useful information
>>
>>57004081
Well they're Korean. So that's good.

Tell me about LG's operating system.

Also what do I do with iTunes after I drop Apple? Is my music trapped in some digital limbo? What would I use instead of iTunes to get more music?
>>
>>57004224
Sorry for late reply.

OS is actually pretty decent. Little to no bloatware (at least on mine, I could be wrong on others.) I've had no issues with lag.

LG reminds me of that little hole-in-the-wall Mexican restaurant. Nobody really talks about it, but the food is great. Same with LG. Whatever you do, stay away from Samsung, Kyocera, and Huawei. Go with and LG or Nexus device.

As far as iTunes, I faced same dilemma as you a year ago. The answer? Spotify. I know, I know, $10 a month seems like a waste. I made that first Spotify payment and never looked back. Been with Spotify a year now.

>Offline download and listening
>Audio and cross-fade options
>Premade playlists, many that your fav artists have compiled themselves
>Follow artists, get notified when new albums/tracks come out
>Multi-device sync

If you have an older phone, spotify can lag on you. Other than that, it's great. I've only ever come across one album that's never been on spotify. It is up to the artists to release them, after all. Hope I helped.
>>
>>57005109
>Spotify

Thing with that though is I am VERY esoteric in music interests and the amounts of music I like that don't exist on most services to the music I like that's on the services is pretty drastic. For example, most of it is theme songs from old video games, anime and tokusatsu.

Also it's more "what do I do with the music I bought on iTunes" than "what do I replace it with."
>>
>>57005109
[spoiler] Not to mention that you can use Spotify Premium on Android for free if you do the l33t h4x [/spoiler]
>>
>>57003777
What is your current iPhone?
>>
Don't do it.

As sad as it might be, iOS is still your best bet for privacy and security.

Until we're given a genuinely free and open mobile OS, you simply cannot trust anything attached to Google.
>>
>>57005558
Esoteric is not the word
>>
>>57006461
http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/esoteric
>>
>>57006184

>>57006228
Uuuuuuugh. I don't want to deal with that retarded earbud gutting...

Also LG and Nexus are Google?
>>
>>57003777
Google Pixel.

>>57004081
Do not listen to this anon. LG is worse than chink phone tier.
>>
>>57006871
See >>57006228
>>
>>57003777
>I've been an iPhone user for most of my smartphone-owning career but that "gutting the headphone jack" thing killed it for me and next phone I'm getting is NOT going to be an iPhone.
Quit clinging to the past, faggot. Next year all other manufacturers will remove it as well. They all just waited for Apple to make the first move because they're all pussies and too afraid to piss old hipsters off.
>>
File: 1474583556913.png (236KB, 966x390px) Image search: [Google]
1474583556913.png
236KB, 966x390px
>>57007079
>iShit
>security
>>
Xperia XZ
>>
>>57007109
No they won't. It's not like it's deprecated tech. All the studio monitoring headphones I use and people use are still just headphone jack.

Fucking Apple faggots actually believe apples meme.

They're not advancing tech, there is nothing that is inherently better about driving a DAC on your headphones with power from the Lightning port rather than driving a DAC with the power of the phone internally to headphones.

It's actually worse
>>
>>57007151
This. No one is ditching the dedicated headphone jack for Apple's BS.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.