[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

C++ Should I learn it? Are there any good books (or videos)

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

File: cpp.png (62KB, 1385x1557px) Image search: [Google]
cpp.png
62KB, 1385x1557px
C++

Should I learn it?

Are there any good books (or videos) that I can use ?
>>
>>56999212
literally fuck off
>>
File: best_book.jpg (50KB, 591x722px) Image search: [Google]
best_book.jpg
50KB, 591x722px
Yes, and pic related is the resource you should use.
>>
>>56999212
You should learn it only to realize what a piece of crap it is, as there is literally no words to describe how bad it is.
>>
>>56999243
Why is it bad ?
>>
>>56999254
The TMP typesystem is vastly inferior to that of monads, though you can implement it inside of C++. The main annoyance here is the fact that there is no possible way to cast say, std::array to a std::vector without either creating your own templated cast, which, by the way is quite a nightmare to do, use a copy constructor, for which you have to provide a std::being and std::end, use std::copy, or perhaps a std::move, depending on what you need. All I really needed is to pass in a std::vector to a library function and I have a std::array. The compilation times are ridiculous. Link in a templated library, expect to wait minutes before your program that calls 1 function compiles. There are too many ways to do simple things, and none of them are the actual clean way of doing things. Not to mention that STL likes to collide with external libraries very often. Now don't get me wrong, lots of software is written in C++ and there is a need for C++ programmers, but as a language, I have nam flashbacks from using it.
>>
>>56999243
Please elaborate. If it is so shitty, the why is so much software written in c++?
https://jabroo.blogspot.bg/2012/08/c-plus-plus-applications-list.html?m=1
>>
>>56999376
Elaboration is >>56999363

It is widely used because there is no alternative yet. In order to provide an alternative, it would need to be standardized by ISO and provide a saner environment to work in. Rust is trying to do this, not so successfully so far I might add.
>>
>>56999212
This will help
>>
>>56999376
>why is so much software written in c++?
Speed, abstraction and ease of use. You can only have two, sepples has the former.
>>
I think i've come to terms with the fact that i can't learn a language or a framework with a book. So now i'm learning C++ using nothing but SDL, learncpp.com and stackoverflow. It's fun because i get to work on something interesting while i'm studying the things i need to know.
>>
lots of companies use C++ to develop fast code nowadays, it is certainly useful to learn and to get up to speed with the standard libraries and the like.
>>
>>56999212
The fact you have to ask that question probably means that you most likely shouldn't be learning it.
Find out what it is you want to do and then go from there and find a more suitable language. It's not a bad language, it's just there's normally a better language to be learning.
If you want to write software, go Java. Systems, go C. Web development, Python or php.

Again, it's not a bad language but it's C for those that don't want to learn C and java for those that want to have to know more.

I'd be happy for someone to prove me wrong, but that's my understanding of the matter.
>>
File: cplusplusdoodoo.jpg (77KB, 635x800px) Image search: [Google]
cplusplusdoodoo.jpg
77KB, 635x800px
>>
This is the best C++ book: http://www.relisoft.com/book/index.htm

Its out of print but you can read it free online, it takes a very organic approach to teaching C++ so that a beginner is not overwhelmed with details
>>
If you want to learn C++ cuz you like low level things learn C instead.

If you want to learn C++ and use mostly the higher level stuff it has, learn a better language that's not a shitty bloatware.
>>
Obviously depends on what you want to do. Just give C++ a try and you will get to know. The thing is to start. I've started with C++, now coding in java.
>>
>>57001217
Asking for domain knowledge is not, by any means, an indication that one shouldn't learn C++
>>
c++ is really easy to lern, but hard to master
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.