[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>work as a software engineer >come home after work and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 2

File: carolina-skavlan-992.jpg (40KB, 650x366px) Image search: [Google]
carolina-skavlan-992.jpg
40KB, 650x366px
>work as a software engineer
>come home after work and do programming instead of having strictly non-computer interests

surely you must be some sort of autist if you do this

the most competent develoepers I know don't touch a single line of code in their free time, and neither do I
>>
>>56993468
That's why most people here aren't software engineers.
>>
>>56993468
What's a competent develoeper?
>>
>>56993468
you suck and thus all of the developers you rate as "competent" suck too
>>
>>56993468
>professional gamers also play games in their free time, for their own enjoyment. it is cool
>professional football players also play football in their free time, for their own enjoyment. it is cool
>professional programmers also program in their free time, for their own enjoyment. OMG, such autsim! Like, that is, like, SO omg!
>>
>>56993468
I guess it depend if you enjoy your job. I do, so I get ~7 hours of fun at work. So at home I do something else.
>>
My job involves developing disgusting non-free software so I need a few hours at home with free software to redeem myself.
>>
>>56993623
>>56993688
OP BTFO.
>>
>>56993623
>"professional gamer"
isn't a real profession

>professional football player
is, and it is a healthy habit
>>
>>56993750
Look up the definition of "professional."
>>
>>56993750
And ur a faggot
>>
>>56993857
But my daddy told me it isnt a real job!!!!1!
>>
>>56993750
>professional football
>healthy

pmsl
>>
File: so you wonna be my gf huh.jpg (61KB, 403x360px) Image search: [Google]
so you wonna be my gf huh.jpg
61KB, 403x360px
>>56993750
Please be real.
>>
>>56993468

I draw. It's nice, actually. Totally takes me away from the logical mindset I need with programming.
>>
>>56993468
>and neither do I
good for you senpai
>>
>>56993468
I know this is a troll, but it's very important to learn as much as you can about a wide variety of tech. Work as a game developer? Go home and learn full stack web development. Web developer? Write a toy compiler, etc
>>
>>56993623
Do you know of any professional trash collectors that come home and pick up trash in their free time? What about a professional checkout clerk who comes home and scans barcodes in his free time?
>>
>>56998622
>programming = collecting trash
if thats your opinion on programming maybe you should change profession.
>>
>>56998855
Why should I?
>>
>>56998907
i work with computers about 10 hours a day. 6 of them at work. obviously i work on different projects at home, but i still program because its fun. Just go get a job you like instead and stop complaining.
>>
>>56998977
A job is something you do to earn money needed for living. I like to watch anime. I wasn't aware of any jobs where I can get paid the same amount I get programming to watch anime.
>>
>>56998997
you can enjoy more than one thing
>>
>>56999060
But I enjoy watching anime the most, and in any situation where I have the choice between watching anime and doing another activity that is not necessary for my survival I would pick watching anime.
>>
>>56998855
Java tho
>>
>>56999105
Hotel reception, night shift, or some job where you are on stand by for emergencies or something.
Then you can get paid for watching Anime more or less.
>>
>>56999396
But they pay way less than my programming job. I would have to work much longer to achieve financial freedom compared to working my previous position, which would mean I would ultimately end up having less free time in my life.
>>
>>56999150
java runtime is the trash collector
meanwhile C-cucks are literal trash collectors
btfo
>>
>>56999418
Then you must work towards a development job that pays so well that you can do it part time.
It's my goal too.
>>
>>56999608
I don't want to work part time my entire life. I would have more money and free time by working full time early in my life and investing the surplus.
>>
>>56993468
Dude, this is a heavy heavy teen populace here who does not earn a dime in any tech related field. They come on here so they can feel like they are a dev's and validating their eliteness among others that for the majority are just like them. Wannabe's
>>
but programming is fun. i'm a NEET though so what do i know.
>>
>>56993468
Looks like you don't know Linus.
>>
>>56993468
I hit the gym after work, but yeah, aside from working out and having dinner with my wife and kids I do nothing but write code in my free time. And shitpost.
>>
>>56993468
I wouldn't be employed as a software engineer if programming weren't my hobby (I never went to school for it), and I have tons of projects of my own that I want to work on. I don't see what's so bad about programming during my off time.

If I'm not programming I'm probably playing a game or watching some show anyway, so at least if I'm programming I'm being productive. What the hell else should I be doing? Getting smashed at bars and watching football games?
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.