[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do people still use mac? It's so shitty. The app store

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 2

File: faggOS.jpg (334KB, 956x537px) Image search: [Google]
faggOS.jpg
334KB, 956x537px
Why do people still use mac? It's so shitty. The app store is a fucking clusterfuck, users have no liberty and are forced to follow the decisions of a group of morons. Trying to reinstall an older version on a friend's computer but it won't let me download anything but pic related from the app store. Friend's computer is old and sierra doesn't support it. Have to reinstall because drive failed.
>>
>>56990053
For personal use? I have no idea. It's garbage.

That said I use it daily because iOS robots dutifully buy even the most simple CRUD apps like the consumerist animals they are. God bless them for letting me work from home and still make decent money.
>>
same reason people use TI calculators
TI calculators aren't actually better than the competition, they just have contracts with schools that say "you will teach curriculum using our products, and we will provide you with some funding in return"
and then people are taught how to use one ecosystem, and only one ecosystem, so when they get out of school, they automatically are drawn toward what they already know instead of having to learn something else
>>
>>56990053
Just go into the settings and set allow "apps from" to "anywhere"! What the fuck are you doing on /g/ if you can't figure that out?
>>
>>56990086
This. You're fucking stupid op
>>
>>56990074
It's more like we don't have a choice.

Teacher wants ti-84, strictly ti-84 only. I'd go with something that isn't absolute crap but I'm not allowed to.
>>
OS X is idiot-proof enough for idiots, and it doesn't get in the way if you open up the terminal to do whatever the fuck you want.

i honestly can't begin to imagine why you're having so much trouble with it. maybe you're some windows skiddie who's just smart enough to hurt himself, but not smart enough to know what he's doing.
>>
>>56990086
>>56990098
Are you fucking stupid? They removed the installation image from their website and the app store so that the only official supported choice is sierra. If I want an older version, I have to download it from some shady website/torrent you braindead faggots
>>
>>56990110
>It's more like we don't have a choice.
that's exactly what i said
you have a choice when you leave the school, but while you are at the school, you must use a specific thing

TI has had contracts with the government where public schools have to use TI products for decades
it's not because everyone agrees on a gold standard for what is the best calculator to teach on, it's because $$$

in the case of apple in grade schools, they used to "donate" macintosh equipment to school computer labs so kids would be taught how to use apple's products
that isn't as often the case anymore though, since apple found better money to chase in the past decade
>>
>>56990131
It's signed, so they can't tamper with it. You're a moron.
>>
Look at this from a normie's standpoint.

>The app store is a fucking clusterfuck
"No it's not, it's great"

>users have no liberty
"What does that mean? Who cares about that."

The people who overspent on Apple's hardware are emotionally invested in the company because they don't want to admit that they overpaid. So they spend a lot of time in real life and on the internet explaining to everybody else why Apple is literally perfect and why there's absolutely not a single thing wrong with "macOS".
>>
>>56990131
Like most people on this board in the last few years you have no idea how dumb you are yet run your mouth as if you know everything
>>
File: wrong.png (41KB, 1249x330px) Image search: [Google]
wrong.png
41KB, 1249x330px
>>56990131
So then how do you explain this, you failed abortion.
>>
>>56990172
All my grade school pcs were macs, system 7 for life.

I've actually never used a mac since they look mad gay now.
>>
>>56990221
>If I want an older version, I have to download it from some shady website/torrent
>>
>>56990221
BTFO, where you get that at?
>>
>>56990271
>>56990280
Apple Developer downloads page.
>>
>>56990189
How do you know if people didn't mess with it? mac security isn't 100% reliable
>>
>>56990301
Because it's signed?????????????????????????????
>>
>>56990053
>The app store is a fucking clusterfuck
So don't use it
>users have no liberty and are forced to follow the decisions of a group of morons
Blatantly false
>Trying to reinstall an older version on a friend's computer but it won't let me download anything but pic related from the app store
That's odd, because I'm on El Capitan and could go into the App Store right now and install Mavericks.
>>
>>56990189
code signing only works in the system, not in the install image lol
>>
>>56990131
what are you even talking about i literally just downloaded the el capitan installer from the app store
>>
>>56990297
>Apple Developer downloads page.
Oh I'm fucked then
>>
Should i get a MacBook Air or Pro?
>>
>>56990330
iCucks cucked again
>>
>>56990322
Then why couldn't I installed an official OS X image that had an expired certificate?
>>
>>56990330
What version do you need, exactly? Because I found Snow Leopard: https://support.apple.com/kb/DL1400?viewlocale=en_US&locale=en_US
>>
>>56990343
Because you installed if on top of another mac os?
>>
>>56990339
Depends on your needs.
>>
>>56990346
>Snow Leopard
That's an update, dude.
>>
>>56990053
don't blame apple because you're fucking stupid. you can restore from the recovery partition and it will automatically download the last version of macos that's installed
>>
>>56990363
What?
>>
>>56990366
Oh fuck you're right, I thought it was an install image patched with the update.
>>
>>56990339
retina pro for sure, if $300 more isnt that big of a deal for you

but i would wait for the updated models at the end of the month (supposedly)
>>
>>56990318
>So don't use it
Why is it there anyway and why do they try to make you use it then?

>Blatantly false
How do you explain the whole thing to be such a fuckup then?

>That's odd, because I'm on El Capitan and could go into the App Store right now and install Mavericks.
I'm on sierra and can't download yosemite from there. That's odd.
>>
>>56990372
>don't blame apple because you're fucking stupid. you can restore from the recovery partition and it will automatically download the last version of macos that's installed
>>
>>56990372
His drieve failed homie. Kaput
>>
>>56990396
>Why is it there anyway and why do they try to make you use it then?
No clue
>How do you explain the whole thing to be such a fuckup then?
OS X is getting worse, but it's still a great OS. Pretty much everything that they've fucked up can be corrected or avoided, which was my point.
>I'm on sierra and can't download yosemite from there. That's odd.
Why Yosemite? Mavericks is where it's at. Either way if you've upgraded from that account before the OS should show up in your downloads page.
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.