[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Lasik is technology. Have you had it? Was it successful? Any

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 4

File: lasiklaser.jpg (46KB, 512x385px) Image search: [Google]
lasiklaser.jpg
46KB, 512x385px
Lasik is technology.

Have you had it? Was it successful?

Any experiences here on /g/? Been thinking of doing it.
>>
Looks like the lasik shills are back.

>S
>A
>G
>E
>>
>>56985784
>Shill

I don't think that word means what you think it means.
>>
>>56985748
I'm curious too. What's the price range on this usually?
I always wanted it and was always broke but now I'm terrified of the permanent cloudiness if it goes wrong. Even if it's a 0.001% chance I think I would kill myself if it happened.
>>
I am curious as well. Are there any other methods that are superior?
>>
File: IllTellYouWhat.png (36KB, 612x623px) Image search: [Google]
IllTellYouWhat.png
36KB, 612x623px
>>56985748
Risk vs. reward, not worth it. I'll take my glasses.
>>
>>56985908
The downsides are what scare me. I cherish my vision, even though it's fucked without glasses. I wouldn't want permanently cloudy or no vision.
>>
>>56985958
Plus the side effects like halo vision and a bad time seeing at night.
>>
I had it done a 4-5 years ago, think I paid $4k total.. but that also covered a years worth of visits where my eye doctor (who was great, not one of those cheap in-and-out affairs) checked on the healing and if my vision was stable, with the option to go back under the laser for free within that time period. The only negative I can say about it, other than the money, is that my night vision has suffered some if there are bright lights. Makes you really hate jackoffs driving around with their brights on because it's a tad physically painful.
>>
>>56986018
Shit. So the worsened night vision is almost a certain thing?
>>
>>56986082
I'm not the guy but everyone I know who had laser eye surgery had worsened night vision.
>>
>>56985748
nah, still have perfect sight you 4 eyed freak
>>
I did it. Both my eyes were -4 so I couldnt see shit.

I feared the operation, but you dont feel a thing. I did get a bit of dry eyes after which still lasts on today in a slight form after a year, so after a year I still havent fully recovered and I still use eye drops 4 times a day. I prefer 4 eye drops a day above glasses so I dont mind.

But I can assure you if you get a severe case of dry eyes, something the doctors cannot predict, you cant open your eyes anymore and you will be in pain all day. So the lasik risks are very real.

I also stopped doing martial arts to protect my eyes, so in hindsight I think I would have done lasek/prk instead which doesnt create a flap.
>>
>>56985748
i had it in 2002 and my corneas haven't popped out yet, although i don't do any sport anymore

more worrysome, i live in a third world spichole.

i had 6 and 6.25, and supposedly got 0.00 and 0.25, so i don't use glasses since.

bretty gud
>>
>>56985784
this
>>
>>56986082
I dont have it. >>56986099
>>
>>56986082
For me it only comes into effect against bright lights aimed DIRECTLY at my face. I don't do much night driving so it doesn't bother me much. I think the overall fears of "worse night vision" is overblown in general, I could be a lucky one though?
For reference, I spend a lot of time outside at night during certain parts of the year, camping, hunting, etc.. including hog hunting using rifles with mounted lights, handheld spotlights, and some dedicated night vision devices, and I've never once felt like I was being held back at all.
>>
>>56986099
Whats prk?
>>
My grandma had it done successfully. No problems at all
>>
>>56986192
A superficial treatment often used for people with a thin cornea. Its not popular because it gives you three days of pain and it takes 3 months before you see the final results. But because no nerves are cut the risk of dry eyes are low and because no flap is created your eyes arent at risk to blows in the face.
>>
I had it a year ago. Paid $4k, don't know if that's high or low but I had no choice since there's only 1 place around here.

No ragrets
>>
I have amblymyopia (lazy eye). Basically I do not have a problem with my left eye and it doesn't 'tard out gozzy, looks perfectly normal. My brain has wired around it and I have 3D vision.

But, if I was ever to lose an eye I would choose my left 'tard eye as my right eye does 95% of the work. 'tard eye my brain manages ok with the 5% peripheral vision. Of course I am green colour blind too.

The best opthalmologist I ever went to was a jewish guy, a local rabbi. He used the most old fashioned lenses in a felt case vs all the modern computerised shit. He also gave me practical reasons not to wear glass glasses (get in a fight - you only have one eye, you may come out blind...)

The best thing which NONE of the optometrists before him was he did NOT try and correct my lazy eye. He stuck in a totally plain lens.

Fucking hell, I could see just as well as without the "correction" but also didn't get headaches and what I called "eye burn". I could wear those specs all day every day.

You think I am going to risk my only fucking good eye on lazik because a pile of salesmen say its cool? FUCK YOU!

And as an atheist I can say god bless Mr Walsby the old fashioned Jewish rabbi who finally let me wear glasses that work.

To this day I still have to explain to optometrists NOT to correct my left eye. They almost always fail which is why I just order my prescriptions from Hong Kong instead.
>>
>>56986298
What is the deal with blows to the face? Punch in the eye causes it to explode or something?
>>
>>56986529
It depends on who you are asking. The flap never heals but a new layer of eyestuff grows over it fixing it in place permanently. Like a new layer of skin would grow over a wound. My doctors said it was perfectly safe to do kick boxing again unless you are a pro athlete. And they never had anyone with complications due to it.

But the American military used to reject people for commando roles and such for it because according to their research it always stays a vulnerable spot. In fact they claim the strengt if that area is only 4% of the original strength. So a lot of horror stories go around.

But the good news is, a dislocated flap can be put back in place with no hassle. It just takes a bit of pain.

So.. do you believe my doctor or the military?
>>
>Tfw I'm only slightly nearsighted so I only wear glasses when I leave the house and I look better with glasses than without

It's almost worth having reduced eyesight just so I can wear glasses
>>
I heard PRK works better, and your eye is more robust once it's done.
>>
People tell me I look better in glasses and I'm inclined to agree with them

I can see well whilst looking more presentable and it's cheaper
>>
>>56985748
Glasses/contacts are so much more reliable as cheaper
Not to mention lasik kills your night vision/peripheral
And I can see "alright" without my glasses since I'm nearsighted
>>
I'd do it if I had the funds.
>>
Is PRK costlier?
>>
>>56986435
Hasbara pls go.
>>
>do one eye
>if it fucks up don't do the other eye
>if it works do the other eye or wear a monocle
>>
Just get contacts dude, best part you can take them off.
>>
>>56989989
Or they'll break in your eye and permanently blind you
>>
>>56988367
Glasses are a fucking pain in the ass. They're fragile, get wet when it rains, fog up, are not well attached to your face, prevent you from using other eyewear, interfere with headwear like motorcycle helmets. Fuck glasses.
>>56989989
This.
>>56990030
>soft polymer
>breaking
>>
>>56990030
No one uses glass contacts anymore grandpa.
>>
File: toosmart.png (14KB, 250x226px) Image search: [Google]
toosmart.png
14KB, 250x226px
>>56985748
>tfw to intelligent 4 laser eye surgery
>>
>2016
>not using contacts
I admit I do like the show off aspect of wearing expensive frames. But besides that, contact lenses are far safer than laser eye surgery and much more convenient than glasses in every way except putting them on.
>>
>>56990045
Glasses are only fragile if you get cheap shit or constantly accidentally sit on them like a retard, which is what I kept doing with my first pair because I was still getting used to the fact that I had to wear glasses to see anything at all. Kept setting them down on my bed to get dressed and kept forgetting I put them there.
And never had any issues with fogging unless someone is breathing on them or I'm cooking.

If I could get corrective surgery, I would, but I'll keep using glasses because I can't stand sticking shit in my damn eye.
Also using transitions helps since my eyes are a bit sensitive to sunlight.
>>
>>56990406
>Glasses are only fragile
Are your lenses made of diamond?
>And never had any issues with fogging unless someone is breathing on them or I'm cooking.
There's an anti fog coating on most lenses, but it will rub off in short order if you ever clean your glasses.
>>
>>56990423
They're steel-framed lenses, or more precisely something called 'monel' which is very lightweight with a high tensile strength.
So not diamond, but strong enough to not be cheap shit.
And I don't have anti-fogging for whatever reason, but it does easily rub off with a cleaning cloth.
>>
>>56990045
>They're fragile
I have been wearing the same frames everyday for fourteen years. They are still in good shape. I have also never broken a lens. Glasses are fragile only if you are a retard.
>>
>>56989984
Seriously considering this.
>>
>>56990045
>Glasses are a fucking pain in the ass. They're fragile, get wet when it rains, fog up, are not well attached to your face, prevent you from using other eyewear, interfere with headwear like motorcycle helmets. Fuck glasses.

Admit it, the real reason you don't like glasses is because they make you look like a "nerd".
>>
>>56990194
My eyes are so bad that soft contacts are ineffective and I need GRP(hard as fuck) contacts. I wore them for a short time , but they move around too much on my right eye and they feel like i've jammed a hard piece of plastic into my eye. I just wear my glasses instead.
>>
>>56985748
Go for ReLEx Smile if you're afraid of the flap.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vd-xm32xIHY
>>
>tfw have mad trouble with my eyes
>tfw have mad sensitive vision
>glasses being even slightly off will give me ridiculous headaches
>anti glare gives me ridiculous headaches and it took me nearly 1,5k to figure out this was a major part of the problem
>dryest eyes known to man
>ridic photosensitivity
>ridic visual snow

Literally would kill to get some vision corrective surgery but I don't trust it to not perma-fuck me worse than the situation I'm already in. At least my vision isn't INSANELY bad at -2.75 in both eyes. My astigmatism is the worst part of that desu

What we need is robot eyes
>>
>>56992102
With some of those things you arent even allowed to laser your eyes.
>>
>>56991851
My vision is fine and when I went to the eye doctor, I was browsing glasses and tried a few on

Made my ugly mug look even uglier desu
>>
>>56992185
Glasses can make or break your aesthetics sometimes

They help soften my "he is probably going to mug and kill me" looks

They also help hide my insomnia eyes. I quite like wearing my glasses

They are a hassle though
>>
Is gyno surgery technology, too?
>>
>>56992101
But ReLEx SMILE can only be used to treat myopia. It treats astigmatism as well though. Still, with the refractive surgery tech developing as fast as it is, soon there will be new procedures and ReLEx SMILE will be available for the treatment of pretty much any condition, I'm sure.
>>
i like my glasses they make me look smart
Thread posts: 53
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.