[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /g/, about half a decade ago a kind anon here wrote me an

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

Hey /g/, about half a decade ago a kind anon here wrote me an extension to autoload the reply form on 4chan back when moot was fucking with the site code to pander to mobilefags.

I'm switching over to Opera 40.0 and can't get Opera to load the incredibly simple user javascript file. I also can't find anywhere to enable user javascript. Is Opera already fucking useless as a browser? Part of the reason I'm switching is that Chrome keeps deleting this custom javascript from my installed extensions because it's not part of their tyrannical store.
>>
Here's the text of the extension in case anyone would like to enhance their vanilla browsing experience too.

// ==UserScript==
// @name Autoload the Reply form
// @namespace loadletter
// @description Load the Reply form on vanilla 4chan (without any extension)
// @include http://boards.4chan.org/*
// @include https://boards.4chan.org/*
// @run-at document-end
// @version 1
// @grant none
// ==/UserScript==

frm = document.getElementById("postForm");
frm.style.display = "table";
div = document.getElementById("togglePostFormLink");
div.style.display = "none";
>>
Bump. Please /g/ this is killing me.
>>
>>56985334
I think you need an extension such as Violentmonkey or Tampermonkey.

>>56985385
You can do that with custom CSS, you don't need Javascript.
>>
I wound up installing Tampermonkey, but I'd still like a way to run the .js natively.

It's almost annoying enough to write my own browser.
>>
>>56985334
Have you tried dropping the file on chrome://extensions?
>>
>>56985776
It always disables the extension when I restart the browser. Very annoying.

>>56985761
>You can do that with custom CSS, you don't need Javascript.

How would I do that? I'd love to be able to load simple custom CSS instead of installing an extension I don't fully trust.
>>
>>56985801
Well, the equivalent CSS would be
#postForm {
display: table;
}
#togglePostFormLink {
display: none;
}

You might have to add !important:
#postForm {
display: table !important;
}
#togglePostFormLink {
display: none !important;
}

As for how to do it in Opera in general, I don't know if there's a way without an extension because I don't use that browser. But the native extension has a setting where you can add custom CSS, as does 4chan X (ccd0).
>>
>>56985801
>It always disables the extension when I restart the browser. Very annoying.

Even in Opera? I just tested in Chromium and it works fine.
>>
>>56985938
No that was the behavior in Chrome.

Every time I restarted Chrome I'd have to open up the extensions page, delete the disabled extension, then reload the extension from my desktop. It was very annoying.

>>56985906
I don't use any 4chan extension and have most of the new native features disabled. I like the vanilla 4chan experience.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.