[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I didnt know where else to ask this, so I'm asking here.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4

I didnt know where else to ask this, so I'm asking here. Forgive me.

Hey Everyone.

I just received this system, an Akai AM-U02 Amplifier from a friend who had it in his garage for years. Tried to set it up today, but I'm running into difficulties. I've tried plugging two turntables into the amp, one with a built-in pre-amp and one without. I have gotten sound out of the system when I plug the RCA into the MAIN IN, but absolutely no sound when I try AUX, TUNER, and PHONO. I'm not sure if I'm doing something wrong or what, but I'd really love some help.
>>
>>56985173
you now know why it's been in a garage for years. it just isn't working. the pre-amped turntable is somehow able to push some signal through an otherwise non-functional unit.
>>
>>56985173
Lucky you. Now you have a winter project. Fix it.
>>
I love Akai gear of this era, just looks so clean.

That said, the pieces I have (tape decks) always have shitty knobs that are gummed up with who-knows-what. Try tracing the one for that input select and make sure the signal path isn't going through the switch, or if it is, clean the switch.
>>
>>56985173
That looks really nice. You should open it up possibly, and see if there is any visible damage to any on board components.
>>
>>56985173
Probably a loop for an equalizer or somesuch. Post a picture of the connectors on the back.
>>
File: Akai AM-U02 b.jpg (173KB, 1633x456px) Image search: [Google]
Akai AM-U02 b.jpg
173KB, 1633x456px
>>56985173
>Akai AM-U02
Here, see how pre-out and main-in are bridged?
>>
Neat looking amp.
>>
>>56987775
>>56987833

This is the back of the Amp. My unit doesnt have a bridge like that.

I'm new to the game, what does it mean?
>>
>>56990160
Connect a set of RCA cables between the Pre Out and Main In jacks and all of your other inputs will work.
>>
>>56985173
TechMoan? Is that you? I love your videos!
Seriously, just look up the model number online and you can get the manual which will tell you how the amplifier works. From there you can take it apart and use contact cleaner or resolder shit or replace belts or whatever
>>
File: index.jpg (8KB, 259x194px) Image search: [Google]
index.jpg
8KB, 259x194px
i guess ill post this here because i cant seem to figure out i have an Akai CS-M40R no matter what i do the belt slips off the pulley after 10 min of play Ive tried replacing the belt but the problem persists
>>
>>56990433
>>56990394
>>56987833

Always good to be appreciated.

Thanks for the help everybody. Seems to work fine now. There is some distortion in the sound the amp is putting out, but another problem for another day.

You all rock.
>>
>>56990446
If the belt was perished then it might be difficult to figure out the exact length of the belt you'll need. You can try getting a few different sizes in the range of the one that you have and see if it keeps falling off. If you can run the mechanism while the top of the machine is off then you can see exactly how it is falling off, but that isn't possible with every machine.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.