[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Would I be an idiot for buying a 25'' 21:9 monitor?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

Would I be an idiot for buying a 25'' 21:9 monitor? I just want it for the novelty really.
>>
>>56981271
no its your choice , if you like the feel of a 21:9 ratio then get it.
>>
>>56981271
Its decent for games like league of legend where you have a huge ultra wide screen that allows you to see shit from far.

For most things, you'd get the letter box effect.
>>
I wouldn't go under 30" with 21:9, a 34" is about as tall as a 27" 16:9 monitor.
>>
>>56981301
>you'd get the letter box effect.
whats that?
>>
>>56981271
Alright...
21:9 is a relly nice ratio which I personally use aswell. Gaming support is getting better too.

BUT
don't buy the 25" model. It will be way too small.
At least get a 29" preferrably 34"

Costs a llittle bit more but it's definetively woth it.

AND
you DON'T NEED A CURVED SCREEN

My screen:
LG 3440x1440 34" 60FPS
>>
Id go with a 29" one personally.
>>
>>56981271
I think you probably don't fully realise how small it's going to be in terms of height. Smaller than a 17" 4:3.

Pic related is how it compares to a 27" 16:9, which you could get for the same price and is what I would personally consider the minimum for a new desktop monitor. As you can see, the 27" is also wider, meaning you could get the same size display as the 21:9@25" on a 16:9@27" just by masking the rest off in software.

I hesitate to call anyone an idiot for buying something they want, but since you'd be paying the same money for less size in both dimensions, I would urge you to reconsider.
>>
>>56982105
black bars
>>
>>56982105
He meant pillarbox but it's the same idea. Content that can't take advantage of widescreen- many games, most non-movie video- would stay within a tiny 16:9 area in the middle, with the rest being dead space filled with black ("black bars").
>>
>>56981271
If that thing is actually 5ms and ips that's fantastic for the money m8. Buy it.
>>
>>56982285
what are the actual dimensions of the screen? (height/width)
>>
>>56982657
The 21:9? 22.98" by 9.85".
>>
>>56982876
>height 9.85"
Kek its a joke not a monitor
>>
>>56982285
However, 27inch is pushing it for 1080p and to get more pixels at that size costs a lot more
>>
>>56981271
you could buy a korean ips 1440p monitor for that much
>>
>>56981271
>25"
Yes, you'd be an idiot.
>>
>>56983142
27" 1440p is only £50-£85 more than the monitor in the OP.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.