[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Dear /g/. I know this was probably mentioned several times

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

Dear /g/.

I know this was probably mentioned several times already, but I need to know.

Memes aside, how "safe as Windows can be" is Windows 10 in Edu/Enterprise version?

"Safe as Windows can be" since I expect same level as Windows 7. I know that by using group policies editor, I can disable web searching, suggested sites, language correction and keystrokes collection, Cortana (she doesnt come in my language version anyway) or reduce that infamous telemetry to security level aka pinging about my PC existing, as mentioned in, for example, ( https://technet.microsoft.com/itpro/windows/manage/manage-connections-from-windows-operating-system-components-to-microsoft-services ). "As Windows" since you would probably suggest installing some Linux distro, but I cant do that, too many of my programs require that and I cant make this fancy move with GPU and VM. Or mentioning possible NSA backdoors.

"Memes aside" since I constantly run into various different memes, ranging from "it will update itself no matter the settings" to "it will scan all contents of all drives all the time".

I must add that I was testing Wind 10, albeit in "Pro" version, that came preinstalled on my PC at work, since few months - I didnt ran into many of problems people reported so far, like slow searching or autoupdates, since I configured proper GPs to prevent that.

I still dont know about many things, like if Photo DNA is restricted to OneDrive (which I never used anyway) or for entire system.

Or perhaps the answer is impossible to find, forever flooded by memes from both sides of "conflict"?
>>
>>56978514
Depends on your threat model.

If your threat model doesn't view MS as an enemy then it's much more secure than Win7.

If your threat model views MS as an enemy then you will basically be taking it in the ass if you install it.
>>
>>56978514
So let me get this straight, you worry about Big Brother in United States of A spying on you but you remain completely oblivious to your ISP who speaks the same language as you monitoring all your traffic?

Are you stupid?
>>
File: FXXRkeA.gif (2MB, 1718x938px) Image search: [Google]
FXXRkeA.gif
2MB, 1718x938px
>>56978514
>how "safe as Windows can be" is Windows 10 in Edu/Enterprise version?
>[...]
>it will scan all contents of all drives all the time
>>
>>56978539

Im neutral, with slightly towards positive.

Does Edu/Enterprise, since they are not restricted in policies selection and settings, mantain the same level of privacy as Win 7 as well? Because Im fine with Win7 privacy level.
>>
>fell for the windows is a botnet meme
>all the while using backdoored hardware and unaudited lines of code

Upvoted
>>
>>56978570
>mantain the same level of privacy as Win 7 as well?
Unlikely. You can use Spybot Anti-Beacon but you should still expect it to be less private.
>>
>>56978561

Did you set up proper policies to disable web searching using Start Menu search function? There are few related, as described in article above.

>>56978552

Im pretty aware of my ISP storing data about my web searching and history for at least few years, they are bid by the law.

As for Big Bro, Im living in (central) Europe, which means that Im subject to slightly different laws, but if NSA would want my ass, they would get it anyway, I guess.
>>
>>56978584

Spybot Anti-Beacon just set up Policies and registry edits. Funny enough, certain Policies (like telemetry related ones) take priority above registry.

It is handly as "one click" solution, but I can do the same manually.

It wont do a lot of things, tho, like it wont disable mentioned web searching.
>>
Anybody else?
>>
Last shameful self-bump.
>>
File: 1473440429966.jpg (372KB, 799x1044px) Image search: [Google]
1473440429966.jpg
372KB, 799x1044px
>>56980383
>>56982287
I used W10 LTSB on my laptop for a month or so. A year ago I left 8.1 and returned to 7 after 8-9 months on my desktop. I think Windows 10 is terrible, in my experience, while 8.1 was somewhat interesting with the changes they made.

Still, I had problems with disk and network activity. Not only windows was frequently wrinting on the disk while idling, reason nowhere to be found, there always was a fuckton of network activity. The search function was probably one of the worst, first because it was working like shit (while on 8.1 it was pretty comfortable and quick, on 7 also) and couldn't find "Settings". I needed to recover the os two times because it wouldn't work at random. About privacy, it took me half a day to kill every possible function. A waste of time, not only because anniversary fucked everything up but I didn't really notice any changes, it was still costrantly streaming to microsoft IPs.

If you need programs to work stay on 7. Some tweaking and it's rock solid on safety and performance. 8.1 is nice too, but I wouldn't consider it. 10 is supposed to replace it, after all.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.