[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What web framework, in /g/'s opinion, allows you to deploy

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 2

File: ror.png (43KB, 200x255px) Image search: [Google]
ror.png
43KB, 200x255px
What web framework, in /g/'s opinion, allows you to deploy fully featured websites in as little time as possible? By fully featured, I mean MVC of course.

I've been using pic related for about 2 years now, but I've gotten tired of the whole "convention over configuration" bullshit that only appeals to absolute beginners and feminists.

Any language will do, I'm not particularly attached to Ruby.
>>
>>56966729
Node/Express if you don't care about memes
>>
>>56966741
Is it really that good? I generally try to avoid the meme shit, but if it's legitimately good I'll go for it. How similar is it to RoR?
>>
>>56966741
Coming from a handholding, .NET MVC background, how much effort will it take to adapt to using Express? Does it have an MVC model or do I need additional frameworks?
>>
>>56966729

PHP and Phalcon Let me take someone's abortion of a project written in Rails that took them like three years and rebuild it in three months with more features, security, and scalability.
>>
Can someone explain to me why everyone hates on Ruby on rails?
>>
>>56967200
Because it's fucking slow and Ruby is the last language you want near web shit.
>>
>>56966729
I work in a couple of different languages but the fastest to scaffold is .NET MVC.

This is mainly due to Microsoft wrapping the whole stack in easy to use tools: Visual Studio, MSSQL Server and IIS.
>>
>>56967035
>Coming from a handholding, .NET MVC background, how much effort will it take to adapt to using Express? Does it have an MVC model or do I need additional frameworks?
I would start by not using Express.
>>
>>56967212
Both of those statements are retarded.
>>
Meteor
>>
>>56967212
You're right, it can only handle 3,378 requests per second. Apparently that is enough for the likes of GitHub, etc.
>>
>>56967242
Yeah, no
>>
>>56967293
So is the hate just a meme or what is wrong with Ruby on rails I really want to know
>>
>>56967293
Github hasn't been doing too well lately in case you've noticed
>>
>>56967317
Yes
>>
>>56967293
Github doesn't use rails anymore
>>
>>56967332
Ye I use gitlab so I don't have to pay for a fucking private repository
>>
>>56966729
Java Spring
>>
Laravel
>>
>>56967388
kys
>>
>>56967340
a) Ruby is slow as is Rails by extension
b) Ruby is not suited (nor was it ever likely intended) for server work because it is slow
>>
>>56967323

>whitespace delimited
>>
>>56967395

Jump off a cliff. Laravel is garbage.
>>
>>56967425
a) Source?
b) Source?
c) You're fucking retarded
>>
>>56967457
Just fuck off idiot, typical /g/ shitposter

God I miss lainchan
>>
>>56967473
>I don't have any sources because I pull all of my tech-related opinions out of my ass so fuck off so that it doesn't look like I'm as retarded as I am
>>
>>56967445
Don't just say it's garbage tell us why u think it's garbage
>>
>>56967347
Yes they do, what are you talking about?
http://shayfrendt.com/posts/upgrading-github-to-rails-3-with-zero-downtime/
>>
>>56967563
That's from two years ago, that's plenty of time to transition to a new framework.
>>
>>56967534

It's a very opinionated and slow amalgamation of symfony components that is only popular because it's babby's first framework tier. Skills learned writing a Laravel app won't easily translate to another framework or plain PHP. It's the special snowflake, using my mac in a starbucks, framework for PHP.
>>
>>56967579
It sounds like you got dumped by someone that used Laravel.
>>
>>56967601

No, our hiring manager who didn't know much about code has hired four self proclaimed Web Artisans and dropped them in my lap and they fucking suck.
>>
>>56967620
So are you working on a project that uses Laravel or what?
>>
>>56967660

No, we aren't using Laravel, and these asshats who think that they know how to write PHP because they can type artisan commands into their homestead box and download a package from the internet which is enough to impress our hiring manager, show up and get asked to write real code and can't fucking do shit.
>>
>>56967700
So how does this relate to Laravel or are you just writing your blog?
>>
>>56967718

Laravel is extremely opinionated in its implementation. Skills learned writing Laravel are almost useless for anything else but writing Laravel.
>>
>>56967743
You've still made no connection between why you hate Laravel and whatever that blog bullshit was.
>>
>>56967571
Can you back up your claim with newer info then or are you just full of shit?
>>
>>56967767

Pretty sure it's right here >>56967743 partner
>>
>>56967777
That wasn't my claim or post.
>>
>>56967126
Phalcon is the dumbest framework I have used.
>>
>>56967811

Care to Elaborate? I've used Phalcon and it's by far my favorite because as a framework it just fades into the background and lets me write code.
>>
>>56967811
why?
>>
File: download.png (125KB, 1200x750px) Image search: [Google]
download.png
125KB, 1200x750px
>>56966729
I like django a little bit more but i have to admit developing in laravel is faster and less complicated
>>
>Le php hating memes
Ebin
>>
>>56966729
I've just joined a company for Python/Django, with Angular/JS and they have some PHP projects, including a moodle and wordpress one.

I've only toyed with them for about 2 weeks, but how do people organize this shit? It's so much easier and clearer to use Python/JS, rather than this weird manually building up of a page.

Is there some perspective I'm missing?
>>
>>56966729

How complex are these sites? It's pretty quick to get a site up and running in rails.
>>
>>56968679
No, that's kind of the PHP experience. It was never intended to be some kind of general purpose server language. It's a lot better than it used to be, though.
>>
>>56968743
Not terribly complex, but I've been interested in branching from it for a while just to see how other frameworks do things
>>
ruby is not that slow for a web server

the problem lies with long running processes: rails will eat gigabytes of ram and eventually crash.

Also testing is dogslow for a huge rails app.
Thread posts: 51
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.