[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

can we talk about JAVA for a moment? why do you hate it? if

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 3

File: javaIsTheBestJobLanguage.png (89KB, 519x396px) Image search: [Google]
javaIsTheBestJobLanguage.png
89KB, 519x396px
can we talk about JAVA for a moment?

why do you hate it?

if you hate it, do you hate it because you had to work in java or do you have it because its popular opinion on /g/?

java looks like the best option for junior programmer job, one 1k pages book should be enough to get a job
>>
Roses Are Red
Volcanoes Erupt Lava
3 Billion Devices Run Java
>>
>>56964535
that was beautiful anon
>>
>>56964486
Because C# is superior in every way, or atleast the vms are. Java on android is pretty good

>>56964535
Holy fuck i kekd
>>
The best horror story you can make using 4 words and a number
>>
NEETs on /g/ who don't understand different languages for different jobs and try to shoehorn python, C, or functional memes into everything
>>
>>56964567
>"three billion" = number
>"devices run java" = 3 words
You failed hard. There's still time to delete that post and save yourself the embarrassment though.
>>
File: vsauce sauce.png (302KB, 621x307px) Image search: [Google]
vsauce sauce.png
302KB, 621x307px
>>56964535
>>
>>56964580
>3 = number
>billion = word
deal /w it nerd B)
>>
>>56964486
>verbose as fuck
>le enterprise maymay
>everything is a class maymay
>BeanFactory maymay and derivatives
>>
>>56964558
if it is superior then why it is less popular?

c# is 11years old
>>
I was into "web dev" (more like shitty websites creation) for many years and depressed

Then I switched to Java and I love it.
>>
>>56964644
>popularity is directly proportional to technical superiority
Oh boy, you're new to this capitalism thing aren't you?
>>
>>56964486
>>56964535

Pajeet here

If it aint java, then no jobba (means job)
>>
>>56964486
right tools for the right job anon.
i'd like to see lisp cucks writing an android application.
>>
>>56964717
majority of kids are manchilds that at the age of 25 takes money from their parents to build 3k $, then they rice their terminal window manager for several days
>>
>>56964644
>argumentum ad populum fallacy
>>
>>56964746
>>56964689

lololololololol

Lets take a look at android api

its extremly popular, 90% of mobile market, tv, tablets.

Android is almost 10yo, their api is still shit.
>>
>not stable, different java version will break software that requires any kind external link (hardware, network device, ect)
>constant upgrades because of security
>constant bitching about security. That CSO rant online about java is secure and calling out bug submitters
>No escaping from the Java ideal. Even C# has the unsafe keyword that will allow you into memory management. The way the force OOP as a big fuck you instead of a tool.
>not mine, but history. The oracle buy-out was a huge fuck you to the community. They came with flowers and gifts and then somebody ended up dead in the forest.
>>
>>56964644
It's cheap to develop in Java, you can hire a literal army of pajeets for a dime a dozen.
>>
>>56964486
>Java 8 Update 101
101 updates. Sweet. I want more.
>>
>>56964558
But then you can make the argument why use c# when theres c++
>>
JAVAJA AVA
>>
*squats*
>>
Object.oriented.programing.without.other.paradigms.makes.shit.like.this( hard to read af )
>>
>>56964644
Because java is older and was used for a longer time.
So there are thousands of jobs to maintain billions of lines of horribly written java code.
>>
>>56964486
That shit is a clusterfuck of shitty libraries, overly verbose syntax for no fucking reason, and the worst ides used in "enterprise" environment ever

Making guis is hard and it's ugly, error messages are impossible to understand
>>
>>56964994
But nobody writes shit like that.

What sort of retarded codebases have you been working on, anon?
>>
File: lmao.jpg (27KB, 500x309px) Image search: [Google]
lmao.jpg
27KB, 500x309px
>>56964994
>his programming language doesn't have a with statement
>>
>>56964486

Because all Java applications I've ever used are buggy memory-hungry pieces of shit.

Yes, the buggy part is probably because of shitty devs but Java is memory hungry when compared to C#.
>>
>>56965429
but senpai, we are talking about dev perspecctive, earnings & mental state of java developer
>>
Anyone who hates or dislikes Java never tried out modern Spring Boot applications.
>>
>>56964486
fuck java. unlambda forever
>>
>>56965835
how many frameworks do you have to know to get jajva job?
Is spring + hibernate enough?
>>
>>56967701
You need to know the JavaBeans API.
>>
>>56964644
not everyone uses windows
>inb4 mono
shitty third party slow as fuck implementation of .net that plays neverending catch-up with the original .net framework
>inb4 .net core
irrelevant atm
>>
>>56964486
It's shit on every level, it's software is horribly coded. They need to patch 100s of bugs and exploits with every patch they release
Java, flash, it should all die a horrible death, preferably quickly
>>
success breed jealousy :^)
don't fall for /g/ memes
>>
>>56964558
>C# is superior in every way
That meme pretty much died with Java 8. I work with both, used to be a big C# advocate, but now it's largely a toss-up and Java has way more support behind it than MS can muster on its own.
>>
>>56964486
I've done a couple of intro courses for java at my uni, I think it's fine to program in (not that I have much to compare to, Python mostly).

What I hate is the fucking installer/updater, it makes you feel like you're about to get raped with some toolbar or other malware and Oracle feels shady as fuck.
>>
i write small toy programs and scripts

JVM is not ideal
>>
it's not that bad as most of /g/ thinks
>>
But exceptions make it easier. Even a dumb fuck like me can understand those error messages, while if i want to figure out why a c++ program is not working i need actual knowledge.
If i'm going to make a big program i will always use java because it's both easy and fast

>inb4 javascript/python
>>
>>56964486
>why do you hate it?

Designated shitting language.

On a more serious note, the forced-OOP "everything must be a class" bullshit with all its baggage (anti-pattern upon anti-pattern, and cargo cult managerial bullshit to try to compensate) has retarded the progress of software engineering at least 10 years.
>>
>>56970046
But doesn't JVM "run everywhere"?
>>
>>56964486
Because it's an unholy mess, internally inconsistent, horrifically verbose, the JVM lacks TCO and because of the companies being jewish and not willing to pay skilled programmers to do their job those characteristics are emphasized more and more for every pajeet that commits thousand lines of code written on notepad in windows XP.
I mean, OOP is not really a good paradigm, but java somehow managed to make it even worse.
>>56964733
We just use clojure. Suck it, javafag
>>56965268
>>56965429
>>56969732
>>56970211
this.
>My company is stuck with a legacy Java logging tool, and wanted me to extend it to add a new functionality to it
>whatcouldpossiblygowrong.tiff
>start extending it in clojure
>write a deliciously functional and perfect piece of code, documented as fuck working as intended and everything
>can't read the tool's settings
>WTF
>dig through documentation
>apparently the tool sets up variables by reading an XML and just assigning its elements to the class' vars
>shortly: no var, no setting
>no fucking way to do that crap in clojure
>swear all the living, already overtime
>do it in java
>two fucking classes, 4x LOC
>doesn't even work as intended, always discards the first chunk of data
>debuggingtime.json.MANIFEST
>set breakpoint, the program doesn't even stop
>print-debugging doesn't print shit
>maybe it's the scheduler, remove the call, restart IDE/clean compile/restart program
>everything works but the class isn't even invoked
Literally worse than hitler
>>
>>56964535
>Cellphones, BlackBerry
>>
>>56969565
>not everyone uses windows

from op point of view (dev job) and from buisness point of view everbody use java

Linux is only for servers
>>
>>56964486
Overly verbose, clunky OO model, AbstractSingletonProxyFactoryBean
Thread posts: 49
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.