[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Who /dumb phone/ master race here? Which one are you using?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 14

Who /dumb phone/ master race here?

Which one are you using?

>pic related for me
>>
>>56964315
I miss those old phones. Fuck smart phones
>>
>>56964315
I have a dumb smartphone

Don't care about bells and whistles but I need maps
>>
>>56964315
Nice try fbi
>>
File: Nokia.jpg (606KB, 2304x1536px)
Nokia.jpg
606KB, 2304x1536px
>>56964315
6700 Slide

Had to enable 3G because of AT&T killing off 2G and that really hurt my battery life. I can barely get a week now and that's without actually using the phone at all, but fortunately I rarely have any need to use it. I could probably just keep it turned off most of the time really.
>>
im using some shit vodafone thing from at least 8 years ago

i hate smartphones
>>
File: 1472542595639.jpg (62KB, 303x311px) Image search: [Google]
1472542595639.jpg
62KB, 303x311px
Get back to me when they have...

>removable SD slots
>Twitter
>3.5mm headphone jacks
>GPS/maps
>Smooth internet browsing
>good apps
>Uber
Otherwise stop pushing this meme.
>>
If you're not from a Third World country or above the age of 60 you shouldn't be using a dumb phone
>>
I switched to a blackberry bold touch to limit myself from time wasting apps but keep necessary functionality
>>
>>56964508
Why is that?
>>
>>56964506
>get back to me when dumbphones are smartphones
I think you're missing the point.
>>
>>56964508
I dont even have a phone. At all. I bet your fucking millennial brain just exploded.

>n-n-not looking at my phone every 14 seconds to convince myself I am relevant.
>>
>>56964508
>t. Chad McNormie
>>
THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST
>>
>>56964506
Twitter was originally an SMS service newfag
>>
>>56964315
I am using pic related. Because my Alcatel smartphone got bootlooped and I needed a new phone fast and cheap.

Pros:
>dirtcheap (15 EUR)
>small and lightweight
>2 weeks battery life for me since I don't use my phone a lot
>can listen to music/radio on it
>switchable battery
>SD slot
Cons:
>not a SMARTPHONE

The biggest advantage is that I don't have to check my phone constantly if I lost it, it is stolen or be very careful not to drop it. And the battery life is nice.
>>
Pros:
>$25 replacement (ebay)
>$25/mo plan (700 min/unlim txt)
>Bluetooth Audio
>Actually Decent Media Player
>SD Card
>Verizon
>Long bat life, charges quickly
>1 hour voice recording

Cons:
>larger than I'd like (keyboard/slider, ick)
>Had issues with BT Audio when txt messages come in
>Headphone port has some background noise, noticeable at lower volumes
>Camera could be a little better
>Wish the txt messaging app was a little better*

*It's hard to text people with smart phones. Fucking smartphone users are such a bunch of spastic fucks that always have to get as much out as possible, before anything comes from the other smartphone users they are messaging with. Bunch of fucking tards. Anyway, when I text with iPhone fucks, I'll get about 6 messages that should only be one message. Makes it hard to talk to people, because when one message is open and another comes in, and then another and another. It's just irritating. To the point where I've told several friends if they text me like that, I just won't respond.

>hey
>how's it going man?
>I got this
>thing, and it's
>really cool, check
>it out
>[youtube link]
You know I can't open that, you fuck. Send it to my email, and stop texting me like you're having a fucking stroke.

Other than those complaints, and they are trivial compared to the cost of the phone and how much I pay for my plan, I really like my phone. I'd like a phone that supports BT 4.0 without the keyboard, though. I really liked my Sony from when I was on AT&T. Media player was on point, pictures were better than the Cosmos, and I'm fairly certain it had a better DAC. If you guys have any recommendations, I'd be happy to hear them!
>>
File: sony-ericsson-walkman-3.jpg (84KB, 1024x1242px) Image search: [Google]
sony-ericsson-walkman-3.jpg
84KB, 1024x1242px
>>56966107
Here's the Sony I used to have
>>
File: IMG_20161007_175717.jpg (2MB, 2448x3264px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20161007_175717.jpg
2MB, 2448x3264px
This electronic Fort Knox receives SMS messages that authorise my bank transactions and email verification.
>>
File: Nokia_6310i.jpg (4MB, 2067x3098px) Image search: [Google]
Nokia_6310i.jpg
4MB, 2067x3098px
I'm still using it for work.
>>
>>56966239
BS. Time-stamp it, with the display on.
>>
>>56965107
OF YOU
>>
File: sonyericsson-k310-00.jpg (39KB, 415x500px) Image search: [Google]
sonyericsson-k310-00.jpg
39KB, 415x500px
I don't use them, but I still have every phone I've ever used boxed up (who the fuck is ever going to buy them)

I'm still using a Samsung Galaxy S3, one time I found and dug out pic related lurking in storage and the motherfucker still had power in the battery after all these years.
>>
>>56966239
shit, son. that thing will probably survive WW3.
>>
I use a V3i Razr.

Livin' the dream, circa 2008 or so.
>>
>>56964315
Nokia 515.
>>
>>56964315

A Windows Phone
>>
>>56966107
Does this shit even have SMS threads? Main reason why I won't use a dumbphone is because I can't stand non-threaded SMS.
>>
>>56966489
>I know not what weapons World War III will be fought with, but World War IV will be fought with Nokia 3310s.
>>
>>56964508
It's super reliable (with the right model), with awesome standby time though they are pretty boring.
>>
>>56964315
I still use a Motorola RZR or whatever it's called.
>>
>>56968670
it actually does. I wish it scrolled more quickly, but it does have threads.
>>
>>56964506
>Twitter
>GPS/maps
>Smooth internet browsing
>good apps
>Uber
characteristics of a smartphone you dumb shit
>>
>>56964441
How is it working for you?
What dumb smartphone?
btw smartphones were "dumber" to communicators.
>>
>>56966107
I have that same phone

I know that feel

People always text me links and photos I can't even view, it's infuriating.

>everyone looks at me weird when I pull out my chunky dumbphone

I'm almost thinking of ditching my cell phone all together, and just using a Palm Pilot to store contacts and appointments

The only reason I still have a cell phone is for an emergency.
>>
>>56964506
Yeah, what >>56969553 said. Really, dumbphone users are looking for, at most:
>long battery life
>durability
>smaller size
>not terrible texting
>affordable hardware and plan
>*SD expansion
>*3.5mm headphone jacks, with decent media player
>*Hopefully Bluetooth Media

And that's for the really picky users. Most are fine without all the*. I know several that enjoy having music rolled in. I know a few that prefer wired headsets for talking while driving as well.

>>56965345
I was under the impression it could still be set up that way. I don't have twitter, so I can't check, but when I last did, I could still set up text to tweet. For the rest of you kids, that's where the original 140 char limit came from. =)

I do wish it could do a bit more without bumping me to a data plan. WiFi with GPS tracking for runs would be really nice. Something to use with MapMyRun or Edumundo. But, I currently use an old Samsung Galaxy S3 that I got for free as a fitness tracker. I just use it over WiFi, and have it track me and do my music while I run. It's starting to die though, and I was thinking about looking at cheep smartphones that I could pick up and just not get a carrier for it.
>>
File: 3310.jpg (678KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
3310.jpg
678KB, 1600x1200px
I'm still using my 3310 as a daily, never bought a smartphone, only thing I did to it was recently buying a new shell because the original one was completely worn. Also I swapped the battery for a new/NOS one a year ago.
>>
>>56964315
>tfw using that very phone
Nokia bricks are just so comfy and the battery lasts goddamn forever compared to my wife's smartphone. I do miss jewgle maps on occasion but my sense of direction and memory have improved remarkably since I unplugged last year. I'm not a freetard but social media and 24/7 web usage is literal cancer that ruins your brain.
>>
>>56964315
Aren't 2g/3g that are the only ones dumbphones can use going away to be replaced by LTE?
>>
File: Treo650_apps_S.jpg (25KB, 233x400px) Image search: [Google]
Treo650_apps_S.jpg
25KB, 233x400px
>>56964506
everything but
>smooth internet browsing
and
>that stupid stranger taxi service
>>
>>56969827
They're not even close to being able to kill 3g.
>>
File: IBM-Simon.jpg (37KB, 736x575px) Image search: [Google]
IBM-Simon.jpg
37KB, 736x575px
>the only good smartphone
>>
>>56969782
I do use mine for regular calling and keeping up with the wife, but very few people look at me weird when I bust it out. I have 4 friends with the same phone though, and my dad. I think we're all generally frugal people that don't see the benefit in paying an extra $100 a month to be neurotic connectfags.

If I didn't have to text for a few specific things, I'd just get a house phone and a cheep smartphone without a plan and use that for everything I needed. I'm in IT, and I have certain, very high priory warnings come to me over text. I'd be able to come up with creative alternatives, but my friends already hate that I don't have Facebook. If they couldn't text me too, I think I'd rarely get invited to the things that I still do.

Still, the worst thing is how, when using a phone like this, it's so obvious that smartphones are making a generation of retarded people. And it's not just kids. I *just* got done texting my wife, and I was ready to give my handgun a blowjob. Half way through a response? Oh, she needed to correct a word that auto-correct corrected to the wrong word, just in case I'm a fucking simpleton who can't figure it out like every other smartphone user. Text message gone. Start again, half way through, oh, fuck, it auto-corrected again to the same word that was in the original text message, so here's another one with the actual right word in it. Text message gone again. Half way through my response, another message, "Fucking eh, auto correct" *FUCKING EH, TEXT MESSAGE GONE*
Become an hero

Literally all happened less than an hour ago. Except for me killing myself. But I swear to god I wanted to. I would leave a note too, and tell her it was her smart phone induced autism that killed me. She probably won't get it though. Have to Instagram, the fucking note and ask all her followers about what it meant, and then, when she did get it, she'd go straight to Snapchat to make it about her, so everyone can "validate" her feelings.
>>
>>56969800
fucking shit, that looks clean as hell.
>>
>>56969991
I'm glad this was posted because it shows the true nature of dumbphonefags

>what is having a dumbphone about
-"I'm better than you"
-"I have no self control"
-"I'm a neo-luddite"

If you don't have self control it isn't the technology's fault because it let you get nowhere faster. Smartphones are great for business.
>>
>>56969800
I thought at first you posted your phone number, anon.
>>
>>56969800
damn, I miss this lil nig
>>
>>56964315
I bough my mum a nokia 6303i(ebay), she is tech illiterate and her current nokia 115 or smth is absolute dog shit. Old nokia s40 phones are god tier
>>
>>56970145
maybe next time anon :^)
>>56970163
just buy one, they're cheap and great as a backup phone
>>
>>56969809
t. NEET virgin
>>
>>56964315
edgy
Thread posts: 51
Thread images: 14

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.