[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Because of taxes and import costs to build a PC that is somewhat

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

File: 1430662379549.jpg (70KB, 640x683px) Image search: [Google]
1430662379549.jpg
70KB, 640x683px
Because of taxes and import costs to build a PC that is somewhat comparable to PS4 (not even PS4 Pro) in my country (Poorland) I'd have to spend about $650 including rebates (fx-3600/i3-6100 with GTX 750Ti/RX 460, 8GB DDR4 RAM, cheap mobo, case, PSU, DVD drive, Win10, Xbox 360 controller) and you can get new PS4 for as cheap as $260 at sale (999 PLN). And with PS4 you get smaller, more energy-efficient system with bluray and other additional stuff.

Of course, the games sold for twice the price but they can be easily bougth used and resold unlike PC games.

I'm a poorfag student with shitty pentium 2020m laptop that's pretty okay for everything I do (uni level programming/movies/internet) except games so I don't really need another PC. I can't reuse parts from my old gayman rig because I shared it with my sis and let her take it.

Any reasons why I shouldn't I betray PC mustard race and just buy a PS4 like a poorfag I am?
>>
self bump
inb4 >>>/v/
they know nothing about hardware
>>
>>56963867
From what you said I would go for a console too. There's no shame in it, a poorfag's gotta do what a poorfag's gotta do.
>>
>>56963867
stop playing games ?
>>
you have to use bsd instead of gpl3 licensed gnu+linux, which is inherently bad
>>
>>56963987
thank you anon, I really appreciate your words
>>
>>56964030
I use windows 10 right now, you can't go lower than that. I wanted to build a linux gaming pc but the money I would have to put in the hardware to make up the difference in performance between wine and windows (I'm not even considering linux ports because they tend to work even worse than windows versions on wine) would cost much more than windows 10.

I'm 100% fine with MIT license btw
>>
Go for console, i have both ps4 and a decent pc, but given the circumstances, go for the ps4
>>
Just get a console, it can do anything a pc can do and it has better and more exclusives and content than pc if you are interested in gaming.
>>
Just get a console
>>
just get a PlayStation 4 Pro gaming system
>>
>>56964272
Yea, I don't get why pc cucks need 2 thousand dollars pc just to play a game.

A pc only use these days are for vendors editing, I have a laptop and it's just collecting dust.
>>
>>56963867
I spent more than that on my computer and I still dont even have a video card.
Im not sure the country is what is fuckign you
>>
>>56963867
>>>/reddit/
>>
>>56963867
It's fine as long as you are able to get cheaper games (than the retail price).

But at least install gentoo on your PC.
>>
>>56964272
the reason you can get PS4 so cheap now is that everyone's buying Pro and it costs $467

thanks anons, I'm buying PS4 (regular one) like a fucking poorfag Slav I am
>>
>>56964400
I use Ubuntu on my older laptop and installed Mint on my gf's laptop after she got it full of viruses (she's been using WinXP until October 2015)
>>
>>56963867
Wait are you from poland? How the fuck it could be so fucked up
Even in lithuania it's not that fucked up
>>
File: PXsUu.jpg (8KB, 148x149px) Image search: [Google]
PXsUu.jpg
8KB, 148x149px
hope ps4 jailbreak becomes reality soon
there are a lot of bugs in webkit
i have faith
>>
>>56965128
Or, idk
We don't earn much money, but we have loads of shit and it's price is not much bigger than you can get it from original place
>>
Consoles are trash, trust me I sold my Xbox One and PS4.
You have to pay for Online (Which is free on PC)
$60
Games are much more expensive
You are locked down

With PC you can pirate games and get them for free, or go on G2A and get them for dirt cheap.

Save up a little and get a PC.
>>
>>56964024
this.

PS4 is ONLY for gaming, with a PC you can at least learn some coding and make a little money on the side.

Buying a console is like flushing money down the toilet.
>>
>>56965275
No, pc aren't made for games, while consoles are, and pirating is a crime
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.