[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Let's talk about the eventual Raspberry Pi 4. What's

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 5

File: MTIyMjkzMDY3NTE5NjUxMDk3[1].jpg (23KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
MTIyMjkzMDY3NTE5NjUxMDk3[1].jpg
23KB, 500x281px
Let's talk about the eventual Raspberry Pi 4.

What's your wishlist for specs and features?

Mine is
>HDMI 2.1 supporting 4K60fps with HDR
>USB 3.0 ports
>Gigabit ethernet
>A more powerful SoC that is also backwards compatible. I'm thinking of at least 2.0Ghz and an upgraded VideoCore that's more powerful
>2GB RAM (cheap as fuck now and no reason not to put more, it would help a lot with Raspbian and other desktop projects

While I don't think they could achieve all that at the $35 price point they aim for, I wish they introduced some sort of Enthusiast/Pro version like Sony did with the PS4. It would sell a lot in the media center/emulation scene and could still let them do the regular model while taking advantage of enthusiasts and their high end projects.
>>
>>56959259
My wishlist
Intel i7 extreme edition
GTX 1080ti
32GB ddr4 ram
256GB ssd
Buttplug
>>
>>56959355
sudo XD
>>
File: IMG_20161003_162413.jpg (3MB, 2448x3264px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20161003_162413.jpg
3MB, 2448x3264px
>>56959355
This desu

It should also include a Nokia N9

And retail for the price of the raspberry pi
>>
>>56959259

2GB of ram

that's about it
>>
Realistically you can only hope for more ram. They're certainly not going to update the USB anytime soon.
>>
2GB RAM
Variant with x86 chipset
Gigabit Ethernet
>>
Gigabit ethernet
>>
Quad core CPU @ 2.2ghz
16 GB ram
4GB VRAM
We HOT now.
>>
Is the raspb3 capable of playing 1080p? Maybe from something like kodi?i need to turn an old tv into a smart one but I'm concerned I'll have issues during playback
>>
decouple ethernet and usb
2 gibibytes of ram
gigabit ethernet
>>
>>56960015
gen1 can play 1080p just fine
>>
>>56959259
>>HDMI 2.1 supporting 4K60fps with HDR
For what? Videos? 'Cause that's the only thing you're going to be running at 4K in the Raspi price range.

>>A more powerful SoC that is also backwards compatible. I'm thinking of at least 2.0Ghz and an upgraded VideoCore that's more powerful
Fuck VideoCore. Give us a real GPU of some sort that doesn't require clunky shit like OMXplayer to play a fucking 1080p video in realtime.

>>USB 3.0 ports
>>Gigabit ethernet
>>2GB RAM (cheap as fuck now and no reason not to put more, it would help a lot with Raspbian and other desktop projects
These would be nice, would help it be a storage and streaming box.
>>
>>56959259
>HDMI 2.1 supporting 4K60fps with HDR
Are you fucking retarded?
>>
File: incredulous black science man.webm (1MB, 642x435px) Image search: [Google]
incredulous black science man.webm
1MB, 642x435px
>>56959259
>>HDMI 2.1 supporting 4K60fps with HDR
>>USB 3.0 ports
>>Gigabit ethernet
>>A more powerful SoC that is also backwards compatible. I'm thinking of at least 2.0Ghz and an upgraded VideoCore that's more powerful
>>2GB RAM (cheap as fuck now and no reason not to put more, it would help a lot with Raspbian and other desktop projects

>miniature single board computer
>>
>>56959259
I just want a SoC that isn't stuck in 2012. Even the Raspberry Pi 3 has one that is still manufactured on the 40 nm process.
>>
Meh, im not hyped by the RasPI 4 (theres alternatives which are cheaper and more powerful)

However, i have high hopes for the RasPI Zero 2
>>
File: rms.jpg (34KB, 403x447px) Image search: [Google]
rms.jpg
34KB, 403x447px
>doesn't require nonfree bloobs to even boot
>>
>tfw just got the rpi3 the other day
>/g/ is talking about rpi4 already
>>
turbospeed
>>
>>56960280
It's alright, I've been upgrading since the first one. I'm a big fan of the project though, so I always buy the new one once it's available.
>>
>>56960125
>However, i have high hopes for the RasPI Zero 2
this, zero2 with wifi would be goat
>>
>>56960318
Any recommendations for cheap 3-4 inch displays?
>>
I think the foundation should abandon the $35 price goal altogether already, since that was to incentivize early programming courses for children with cheap powerful hardware, and that is already a success across the world even with other brands of boards.

They should make the Raspberry Pi 4 a new era with a new focus. Top of the line hardware in regards to single board computers, since let's face it, Raspberry Pi is the only relevant brand in single board computers because it's the biggest with the most projects and exposure.

They should get the best board that you could get with current hardware, even if that means going as much as $100 or more.
>>
>>56960408
Nah fuck that, you can get an orange pi for $10

They need to keep pushing the price down
>>
>>56960389
Never had one, sorry.
>>
>>56960413
This could be a whole new enthusiast brand apart from the cheap ones. You would be basically getting the option for a Raspberry Pi 4 or a Raspberry Pi 4 Pro. I'd very much like that.
>>
usb type c
headphone jack
>>
>>56960434
three different models would be perfect
>zero $5
>pi4 $35
>pro $100
>>
>>56960446
Exactly, this would be perfect

>Been saying this by years on the RPI forums, where i got laughed at saying it wasnt their goal, then they released the RasPI Zero
>>
>>56959259
A single sata port, actual gigabit internet or even just internet that is not sharing bandwidth with the USB. 2GB ram. I'd be happy to pay $50 for an rpi4 with those things. Especially just the sata and gigabit internet port. Hook up an HDD via sata. Get a tiny power supply. Power the rpi, drive, small fan, off the PSU. Would make the perfect poor man's server. Running full blown debian/Ubuntu mate would even male it capable of being a file server or even a print server if you're willing to fuck with setting up a printer in Samba.
>>
>>56959355
When do you this this would realistically be worth $35? My guess is 20 years
>>
>>56960446
Just think of a "Raspberry Mini" or something, with a $2 price tag or so with 40 GPIO ports, super low power ARM CPU and mico USB port

>This kills the Arduino
>>
>>56960479
>Just think of a "Raspberry Mini"
well we've already got the zero, but i don't think reducing the price from $5 to $2 would make that much of a difference
it would be by far better if they kept it at $5 but included on board wifi
because a computer without networking in 2k16 is pretty much useless and an adapter is a must buy atm
this costs at least $5 extra and takes up the only free usb port, besides power
>>
>>56960413
Can it play 10b animu and full BD?

Where do you buy it for 10 bucks?

When is the ARM meme going to die?

I need x86 software
>>
>>56960771
maybe
>>
File: raspberry pi sjw cunts.png (57KB, 586x327px) Image search: [Google]
raspberry pi sjw cunts.png
57KB, 586x327px
Forced male privilege-checking upon first boot.
Trigger warnings before starting any program
Automatic spelling correction at the hardware level that replaces "guys" with a gender-neutral term referring to a group of people along with a mansplaining detector which turns off keyboard input.
>>
>>56961383
The political affiliation of a group of people won't stop me from buying their product if such product is good.
>>
>>56961677
But nowadays with the glut of Allwinner H3 boards along with the Odroid, the RPi is shit. The only thing it has is the community designed for children which makes things nice and easy.
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.