[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I hate Facebook, I hate Twitter, I hate Snapchat, etc. (because

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 5

I hate Facebook, I hate Twitter, I hate Snapchat, etc. (because of the ads, cookies, and shit) I hate Skype too. That program works like shit.

Which is the best way to keep online with online friends if you hate that?
Telegram that nobody uses?

Any other tool?
Or should I just have my own website and send emails?
>>
SMS/MMS, phone calls, email, iMessage and FaceTime (if they're Apple users).
>>
Facebook Lite and WhatsApp
>>
Phone calls. Irl visiting
>>
File: 1467628041020.png (28KB, 988x689px) Image search: [Google]
1467628041020.png
28KB, 988x689px
>>56948947
I use wire.

https://app.wire.com/

I did use Telegram for a time but Wire is the best to replace Hangouts and all that.
>>
>>56948947
IRC, but goog luck convincing your friends to use it.
Also maybe try messanger. You don't have to have fb account to use it.
>>
>>56949770
>goog luck convincing your friends to use it

This is the problem with finding communication alternatives. My buddies all use skype and we have like a 7-8 year old skype group message going. Skype is awful and has gotten consistently worse since MS bought it. I'd change platforms if I could but I'd be alone in doing so. Sometimes you just gotta suck it up.
>>
>>56948947
I'm using Wire right now as I said earlier here >>56949766

Big family household of eight people and eight mobile phones and eight tablets. I've also setup a sort of media lab with our LAN. It's an internet only house no cable or phone. All of this is done over internet. All of our phones are rooted and all Google services are uninstalled or removed. We use F-Droid and some other niche repositories on top of what I personally curate and keep stored on our media server. Plex Media Server syncs photos/video to our home. Owncloud/Nextcloud currently messing around with to round us out. No botnet. No Skype. No Facebook. No snapchat. No Twitter. No Google. All browsers are Firefox. PC's are all Manjaro or Windows 7 x64.
>>
>>56949770
Wire is easy to get people to switch over. It auto adds people on your contacts that use the service. Invite them it sends a link to app store or browser and they're done. It works much better than hangouts. The only caveat is that it's secure so adding new devices to the same account won't bring up your entire history in some cases.

Kikebook and kikmessenger are shit. Slow apps that eat your battery. Have fun with always needing a charging cable.
>>
File: 1293770178324.jpg (10KB, 268x262px) Image search: [Google]
1293770178324.jpg
10KB, 268x262px
>job interview
>tell us about your social media presence anon
>>
>>56948947

you can install an adblocker.
you can manage cookies better.
you can remove the skype ads lad.

sound like you don't really need to be online socially, so why are you upset again?

also, telegram desktop is pretty good. too bad it's not encrypted.
>>
>>56948947
Don't worry, nobody'll miss you
>>
>>56949737
>Phone calls. Irl visiting
Whatever you say Gramps
>>
>>56949766
Wire does not opensource the servers, and their privacy policies spys on you and sells it.

Tox is not on the list?!?!

It does pretty much everything and doesn't even need accounts.
>>
>>56948947

SOmething with perfect forward secrecy and good authentication and validation
>>
File: 1464952940229.png (19KB, 1000x800px) Image search: [Google]
1464952940229.png
19KB, 1000x800px
>>56950130
I always get lots of (Yous) on 4chan.
I don't always post under a trip there, but when I do. it's iy81!39y#11. The nickname I use is when I'm not anon is ThePoopster99.

See, not so hard, right?
>>
>>56948947
there is no other way
try calling your friends to keep in touch
>>
>>56950370

>I put a trip on and get replies

Hmm..
>>
>>56948947
Discord, TS3, Signal,hexchat
>>
>>56950336
I haven't messed with Tox. It might actually be a good alternative. Some of the kiddos around here love kik messenger so maybe this would be something to look into. What's the file size limit on sharing? Wire is 25mb. Tox no limit since it's more p2p?
>>
The EFF is updating its Secure Messaging Scorecard sometime in the near future, which should be a handy reference.
>>
>>56949838
If I ever have a household to keep, I'll do it like this. Currently moving away from the google botnet after switching to linux (for the most part). I absolutely hate skype and discord isnt any different, it just works better. Imo, telegram is almost worse than whatsapp, and why switch to worse telegram when no one uses it...
>>
>>56951287
My only complaint currently is email. I'm thinking about splurging for Protonmail. I could just reg my family name domain again and use whatever web hosting that's cheap for email. I used to run a couple of email servers so the prospect of hosting it at home on my media server is something I don't want to do. I don't want to rely on Comcast, Google, Yahoo, Microsoft, and others who we know already collude with government but have data breaches regularly.

Anyone have some ideas on email? Protonmail good? bad? Alternatives for a family?
>>
>>56948947
>Facebook
>Twitter
They're sites. Block cookies and ads if you don't like them. Encrypt messages/files with PGP if you are crypto paranoidkek
>>
>>56948947
A cellphone
>>
>>56949829
skype4pidgin works pretty well, and if the other end supports it, you can do OTR over skype with it.
>>
>>56948947
I hate facebook too, but i like twitter because it is not the spammy clusterfuck facebook is, snapchat? never used it and i am not interested in chatrooms or IRC or anything else similar to that,
>>
>>56954559
Gtfo normie
>>
>>56948947
you have no life
>>
>>56949829
Slack?

It's the javascript kiddos IRC, but at least it has an IRC gateway you can use to connect through it if you want.
>>
>>56956392
I've only used slack to troll github dev chats
>>
>>56949737

No don't use the phone. They are listening, the phone is botnet.
>>
>>56948947
Enjoy being alone and a burden to your friends and loved ones
>>
>>56950588
Tox has no limit, and is pretty sweet, try it out.
>>
If you're going to embrace normalfaggotry and have friends then why not go the full nine yards and get on social media shit?
>>
>>56950588
Tox is great. Antox for Android is even better.
>>
>>56948947
Judging by this post you probably don't have any friends so why does it matter?
>>
>>56950336
>>56950588
>>56959446
>>56960207
What's going on with tox development now?

The last I remember there wasn't a way to have multiple devices under one "ID" and the mobile clients drained battery and used a lot of data.

I've personally been considering setting up a domain for Windows and Linux clients for software management while implementing a federated XMPP/GNUSocial/email for secure messaging, firehose broadcast, and email.
>>
I use Discord, but that's because I'm a gaymer.
>>
>>56960420
kek
>>
File: Dwayne.jpg (5KB, 303x166px) Image search: [Google]
Dwayne.jpg
5KB, 303x166px
>>56948947
An XMPP account via Pidgin incorporating OTR over a Tor connection through a VPN.

>It's the only way to be sure
Thread posts: 41
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.