[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /g/ Has anyone here soldered a new 3.5m jack onto a pair

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_20161006_194445.jpg (2MB, 4128x3096px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20161006_194445.jpg
2MB, 4128x3096px
Hey /g/
Has anyone here soldered a new 3.5m jack onto a pair of headphones? My jack broke and I'm hoping to repair them. I cut the cables and they don't quite look like the guides I've seen online. They have this white fluff, might be fibre apparently, but I'm not sure if the colors are the enamel I'm meant to burn off. Any ideas?
>>
>>56948049
Jack plug? Buy a new jack. I know it's daunting doing it for the first time. Just do it. Buy a cheap soldering iron and solder and do it.

>Any ideas?
Google and Youtube. How the fuck do I know? I'm lazy too. You solder it on and it works. If it doesn't try again. Test it with your mp3 player or phone.
>>
>>56948049
Burn the colors.
>>
I used to make my own earphone cables all the time. I generally solder some MMCX connectors onto each earphone and then buy an aftermarket cable on Ebay each time a cable breaks.

Simples.
>>
Red and blue are signal for R or L, and the copper coloured one is ground.
The white fluff is fibre that's there to provide tensile strength for the cable. Don't worry about that. Although melted plastic gets in the way of soldering.
>>
>>56948049
The jack is the hardest part to solder, I just buy a new female to male jack cable, cut the female end off, then strip the wire and solder the wires directly onto the speaker in the earcup
>>
>>56948786
Also I normally just touch the wires to either solder point with a left right speaker test playing to find out which wire is which channel
>>
>>56948786
This works for ones you can open.
>>
>>56948809
What do you mean? Are they in ears or something? Pretty sure you should be able to open most if not all headphones, take off the earpads and their should be screws

Didn't know there was headphones you couldn't open
>>
Yeah just burn off the ends with a lighter
>>
>>56948817
I'm talking about in-ears.
While it may be not worth fixing a $20 pair of xiaomi hybrids or whatever, I mean, $2 of cable (if that) and 30 minutes of your time is not a big investment.
>>
>>56948888
Oh, should be able to open them still, try prying or something, although soldering in ears might be just as hard as soldering wires onto the jack
>>
>>56948049
do it at the earcup end using a donor pair that you don't care about. Has added benefit of making it easy to add (or remove) the clicker/mic if you're wanting a headset.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.