[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Futurists BTFO http://www.nature.com/nature/journa l/vaop/n

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 2

File: 1474767759434s.jpg (9KB, 250x243px) Image search: [Google]
1474767759434s.jpg
9KB, 250x243px
Futurists BTFO

http://www.nature.com/nature/journal/vaop/ncurrent/full/nature19793.html

Where were you when your god technology was a false idol?
>>
>>56947652
As long as there's cancer there will be a limit to lifespan.

Therefore kys.
>>
>you will die in you lifetime
>>
>>56947652
>maximum age of death has stopped increasing
>therefore there is no possible way any new therapies or interventions could extend lifespan

Literally what, OP

Stop
>pretending
to be retarded.
>>
>>56947723
>literally not understanding the article
>>56947668
nice meme :^)
>>
>>56947652
Better question: Do you realize humanity would outright go extinct without technology?
>>
>>56947998
Better question: Do you realize humanity would outright go extinct with technology?
>>
>>56947652
>Anime
opinion discarded, go shitpost somewhere else OP
oh wait you already posted this on /sci/ too
get a life, literally spending your time posting bait threads. havent done that since i was 13
>>
>>56947998
Technology is inseparable from humanity so yeah
>>
>>56948063
two awards since you are like fuckin scotland yard or some shit
>>
>>56948096
quit spending so much time on 4chan
also, you have to be 18+ to post here
>>
>>56948103
I'll do what I want
I hope you are getting paid to bump my threads.

Because I am.
>>
>>56948096
are you really that surprised that someone from /sci/ also posts on /g/
wow you really do have autism
>>
>>56948116
>jokes on you, im only getting paid to be retarded
>>
>>56948119
you seem to be
since you thought it was a big revelation that the same topic is on both boards
Too bad you didn't find the other places it was posted, you could have gotten more detective awards.
>>
>>56947723

Fuck off you filthy necromancer
>>
>by analysing global demographic data, we show that improvements in survival with age tend to decline after age 100, and that the age at death of the world’s oldest person has not increased since the 1990s. Our results strongly suggest that the maximum lifespan of humans is fixed and subject to natural constraints.
>natural constraints
You can't have natural constraints if you're an android :^)
>>
>>56947652
>implying we can't re-engineer our lifespan

>being happy about dying

Wow you're a cuck
>>
>>56948155
You also aren't a human, and therefore human lifespan constraints wouldn't apply to you anyway.

Same thing for genetic therapy.
>>
Doesn't look like they're taking into account what's supposed to be the new renaissance in genetics which many are predicting in the next 10-15 years, especially in regards to solving the problem of telomere shortening during cell replication. There are many animals that are basically immortal as far as old age goes so it's evident in nature already that it can be done.
>>
>>56948162
>living in denial
Who is the actual cuck I wonder?
Keep pretending it isn't happening. Maybe it will go away.
>>
>>56948155
hahaha OP BTFO
what a stupid fucking article
>>
>>56948162

>Being an eternal fearful manchild who can't move on and transcend into the next plane of existence

Your pineal gland has become nothing more than dust
>>
>>56948174
sure got me, just like with your amazing detective skills
I can't get one past the hero of 4chan
>>
>linking to a paid article
>not understanding life expectancy has only increased thanks to greatly reduced infant mortality
We've always lived more less the same..
>>
>>56948185
>>>/x/
>>
Man, can't believe this shit is all over the place.

>our bodies as they currently are probably a have maximum lifespan of around x years

Yeah, no shit. But the goal has always been to tweak our bodies so those problems aren't there not to leave our bodies as they are.
>>
>>56948200

>Being a nihilist faggot in denial who has never had the luxury of a near-death experience

bit pathetic 2bh
>>
>retards actually believe the illuminati would let goyims become immortal
Finite resources. Besides India and Africa will multiply like cockroaches in the following years, enjoy living in a 10x10 room with 8 pajeets.
>>
>>56948218
>Muh completely arbitrary goals
>Being dependent on physical media

Whew lad
>>
>>56947652
Nature has fallen low.
>>
LOL
you might die but I'm not
>>
GOOD

new evidence to:

-be fat as fuck and die of diabetes, because LIFESPAN IS FIXED
-be a drug addict and die of overdose, because LIFESPAN IS FIXED
-be an alcoholic and die of cirrhosis, because LIFESPAN IS FIXED
-be promiscuous as fuck and die of AIDS, because LIFESPAN IS FIXED
-YOLOYOLOYOLOYOLOYOLOYOLOYOLO

this article is just one more excuse to be a degenerate and do stupid things with your body.
>>
>>56951292

Lifespan isn't fixed, it just has a cap. Doing all that dumb shit will indeed kill you much sooner
>>
>>56951292
Seems like Ebola-chan can make murica greater than Trump.
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.