[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I’m torn between getting a 4 bay external enclosure + raspi

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: 1462498066250.png (50KB, 511x642px) Image search: [Google]
1462498066250.png
50KB, 511x642px
I’m torn between getting a 4 bay external enclosure + raspi which is $150 + $35 or building a nas which would run around $230. All of this is not including drives.

I want to be able to run 24/7 irc and rtorrent and able to run openvpn whenever I connect to internet outside of the house to tunnel through my connection. I want to also host my plex media directory on this device. Hosting the plex server on the device is only a plus seeing as I am totally alright with using my desktop as the hosting server and just using the device as storage for the directory. I will be the only one accessing this device and it is not meant to serve anyone but me so usb 2.0/network connection will not bother me me.

(+$25 for theODROID-C2, i don't think i need the power for these things, right?)
>>
>>56946896
Did you asked to the stupid questions and /diy/?

>(+$25 for theODROID-C2, i don't think i need the power for these things, right?)
Remember the "you get for what you paid for"

Sorry i cannot help you that much
>>
>>56946976
...wut..
..no..
>>
>>56946896
You stupid fuck.

Where the hell are you buying your ODROIDs where they cost 25 dollars more than a Raspberry Pi?

They're a solid 42 dollars without shipping from ameriDroid, and Hardkernel ships them themselves internationally for like five bucks for about the same base price.
>>
>>56947105
so is the ODROID-C2 worth buying over the raspi for my use case? thanks!
>>
>>56947295
also would the ODROID-C2 be strong enough to actually host the plex server for a 4k 60fps no transcoding? (maybe just transcoding subs for the 4k 60pfs)
>>
>>56947295
>>56947316
I don't know much about openvpn and tunneling, but the connection speed that the Raspberry Pi is offering is only 100BASE-T, whereas the ODROID has GbE.

But if you don't need that, just go with the Raspberry Pi Zero and one of the starter kits they have. It's a miniature version of the Model A+ for five bucks.

As for the 4k 60fps, yes, it should be able to handle that.
>>
>>56947470
thank you :)
so with the raspi zero i can run irc, rutorrent, openvpn, and use to link to my plex directory?
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.