/script>
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I work in a startup filled with iOSfags. These guys are a full

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 2

File: 1474565319709.jpg (100KB, 711x681px) Image search: [Google]
1474565319709.jpg
100KB, 711x681px
I work in a startup filled with iOSfags.

These guys are a full stack dev and a front end, they keep telling that Android is trash because of security reasons.

Android can't be worse than iOS right?
>>
Santa-san isn't real.
>>
>>56940309
He is.
>>
>>56940268
>work at a startup
There's your mistake
>>
File: 32635478907654.jpg (34KB, 320x320px) Image search: [Google]
32635478907654.jpg
34KB, 320x320px
>ios security
>>
Ask them to elaborate, and watch them parrot stuff they've just heard but don't understand

It's the same with /g/ too, and many people in the world

I'm sure I've done it too
>>
>>56940268
>Android can't be worse than iOS right?+ 0 post omitted.
in terms of security, yes it is
>>
>>56940268
No one ever broke into my shed despite a complete lack of security, but NSA sure can tap into an iphone.

Security doesn't only depend on counter-measures, it's also relative to the scale of the attack. Considering the number of important people in the world owning iphones, you can bet the security has been broken.

The most secure OS right now is WP7.5, and I'm not kidding. I was once suspected of terrorism and they tried to check my phone, and they fucking couldn't because they simply didn't have the tools for it.
>>
>>56940596
>>56940596
THIS
>>
>>56940268

>expecting security in mobile phones
>>
>>56940268
Android security is objectively inferior to iOS

>Someone steals your iPhone
>They are absolutely not getting into it without your passcode

>Someone steals your Android phone
>Lol root
>>
>>56940268
I'm guessing this is the kind of retards exposing their entire lives on facebook not even their family gives a fuck about and thinking NSA would care?
>>
>>56940693
Full disk encryption has been available since Gingerbread.

Granted, you have to activate it, but you also have to define a passcode on your iphone otherwise there's no security. If you don't secure your device, don't complain about security.
>>
>>56940693
>They are absolutely not getting into it without your passcode

older ios devices are susceptible to NAND mirroring attack
>>
>>56940693
Just encrypt your phone you dumb nigger
>>
>>56940756
Having to activate it is killer, basically nobody does it

but encryption is only one aspect.

More importantly:

- Most android vendors are fucking lazy at pushing out security patches
- Malware is rife in the various android app stores, approval is basically an instant rubber stamp

I say this as an android user.
>>
>>56940859
Meanwhile iOS security is completely opaque and Apple won't communicate shit on it. Their appstore is also now just as ruined as Android's. Even Microsoft store is shit already.

There sure is bad news coming from Android, but the deafening silence coming from Apple isn't exactly reassuring.
>>
>>56940897
Deafening silence about what?
>>
>>56940938
About security. Apple only communicates on those matters once a year, and that's only to take a jab at Android and say "waaaaaaah Android has more security issues!!! we won't disclose our own numbers anyway".
>>
>>56940964
>Apple only communicates on those matters once a year
Fucking bullshit.
There are disclosures as/when the problems are addressed. No point shouting that there's a hole in your armor before you patch it.
>>
>>56940775
which is a lot of effort, whereas on android you plug in a usb and copy and paste a few commands or press a button on a ui to do it for you
>>
>>56941602

Asking since I genuinely have no idea

What would be the process to do the same or similar to a Windows Phone?
>>
Android fans put too much faith in open source software to keep them secure.

iOS fans put too much faith in having a walled garden to keep them secure.

Both are a problem because both have major exploits that where often not found even if the code was open source or the company refuses to patch it for whatever reason. Arguing about which is more secure than the other is moot if you are foolishly lured into a false sense of security and start doing stupid shit.
>>
>>56940268
Android is secure, the problem is that if there is a vulnerability, it can be fixed very quickly in the OS, but that fix will frequently not be applied to even a fraction of the market.
Basically unless you are Nexus/Pixel, don't expect security updates.
>>
>>56941850
This. So Android at it's base is secure. But unless you own a [s]Nexus[/s] (RIP 2 year update support) Pixel, you can expect security updates right away for up to 2 years. But 99% of Android phones out there are insecure.
>>
>>56940268
ask them to site actual sources and concrete research not their faggot blog or """""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""tech news""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""" site
>>
>>56940268
The race is over. Android won.
>>
>>56940268
I'm an Android man myself, but to be honest both leave a lot to be desired. And to make matters worse there's next to no chance of a serious third choice. FirefoxOS had real potential but the Firefox people assfucked it into the ground. Blackberry used to be a serious choice, but they lagged behind, and are pretty much falling apart. And Palm? Some younger people might be saying, "who?" Exactly! Gone and forgotten. Windows Mobile wasn't exactly good, or anything, but yea, Google and Apple both easily beat MS at their own fucking game.

So what about a newcomer? Good luck. Google and Apple both have the wealth and power to crush any upstart. Sure, maybe the Chinese could pull it off, but then you'd just have the choice of shit, more shit, and cheap inferior shit.
>>
blackberry
blackberry priv
>>
>>56940693
Not that easy. USB debugging has to be enabled (usually isn't, and never is by default). Second, when you connect it to a computer to use adb you have to accept the prompt to allow the computer's RSA key and add it as a trusted device, which requires unlocking the phone to do so. If you don't do this, you can't get in the phone. You would have to connect the device to another machine that has already been added as trusted, which is usually another computer belonging to the victim, but people who actually use adb are pretty much nonexistent.
>>
>>56940897

Appstores literally getting flooded with poo from Pajeet.

I suspect the same guys behind these scammer apps that run the tech support.
>>
>>56942406
This. Also even if you manage to get adb access without unlocking the phone, you would need t o accept a superuser prompt for privilege escalation which would require you to unlock your phone anyway
>>
>>56940268
The real problem is that android will run on anything that supports it. And you have all these shit phones that are still running 3.X being sold in the stores as new, which should be illegal.
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.