[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is Freelance impossible now because of the flood of Indians

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: 1627755_orig.jpg (31KB, 440x267px) Image search: [Google]
1627755_orig.jpg
31KB, 440x267px
Is Freelance impossible now because of the flood of Indians and Chinese?
>>
I've tried. Not super successful, mostly because I just didn't have the energy or desire to obtain business skill.

Anyway, when I was a Junior in college I made something close to 500$ over 3 months maybe working 25-40 hours total. But the time to find work was far more.

I'm a Senior now and just don't have time to do it.

I imagine a western programmer could be successful if you have the drive to be a jack of all trades (Marketing, business, actual technical skill).
>>
File: 1475525163207.jpg (26KB, 350x317px) Image search: [Google]
1475525163207.jpg
26KB, 350x317px
>>56940043
Yes.
Figure out how to design missile guidance systems and/or app-controlled dildos for Android.
You'll be just fine.
Pajeets aren't in those fields yet.
Eat more roughage.
>>
>balding, deadlifting, cpap-using, libertarian computer janitor gets mad about brown and yellow people on the internet
the game is, let's try to guess which board he posted it on this time
>>
>>56940150
Oddly specific
>>
>>56940150
>Being a ni*er or streetshitter
Kind of sad to be honest.
It's a shame I have to censor myself since the African American janitors will probably ban me for saying it.
>>
>>56940043
Yes. Stay out of my job market round-eye cumskin.
>>
>>56940043
>Is Freelance impossible now because of the flood of Indians and Chinese?
"Freelance" is too broad to give you an answer. Crapwork is flooded by Pajeets and Xin Zhaos, but you shouldn't want crapwork to begin with. It's far more hassle than it's worth.
>>
>>56940165
the really really really funny thing, to me, is when you see a really long thread where people post about how much they fucking HATE those poos!! and then about ten posts later they're posting the handfuls of anti-sadbrains pills they're on while sharing their sick battlestation

and it's on some slooowww nobody nothing board like /3/ or /n/
>>
>>56940224
What's a step above that?
>>
>>56940264
You schizo dude?
>>
Depends on your niche and how god you are.

I miss 2 years ago, when freelancing as a Windows Phone dev was a pure gold mine. Everyone had hope in the platform but no one had in-house devs. I charged 50-75-100 USD/hour depending on the project.

Now I freelance here and there as a Windows Store dev. but my daily job is Xamarin dev.

tl;dr find a niche with little competition, don't even try to freelance as web "developer"
>>
>>56940043
Murican problems.
>>
>>56940280
Again, you have to be a bit more specific.

Freelance crapwork for most programmers would be ads posted on personals sites, Odesk, Freelancer.com (or whatever it's called now).

Step above is setting up a formal LinkedIn, reaching out to businesses and clients yourself and building a referral network.
>>
>>56940135

yes they are
>>
>>56940150
google detected
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.