[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Okay, I know this isn't an helpdesk, but if you don

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 5

File: 0.png (39KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
0.png
39KB, 200x200px
Okay, I know this isn't an helpdesk, but if you don't want to help, I at least want to have the confirmation Mega.nz is really as stupid As it seems to me right now.

I had some issues donwloading files on fIrefox from mega so I decided to uninstall the extension to redownload it, just to check.

Consequence: once it was uninstalled, I couldn't access the mega site at all and it was telling me I lacked the app to make their webpage work on my browser. Alright.

So, I look to get the official Firefox extension and it turn out the page where you can upload it from is... a mega page. This adress, to be precise:
https://mega.nz/#firefox

So basically, you can't uplaod the extension required to read mega pages because you can only get it from a mega page, which you need the extension for to get it in the first page.

Are the guys in charge actually that stupid, or am I the one who is missing an obvious solution to my problem?
>>
>>56934694
if you would read official firecuckx changelog you'll see that they have problems with mega
i'm using edge to download shit from there and fx to actually browse as usual
>>
>>56934763
>firecuckx changelog you'll see that they have problems with mega
I hadn't any issues with it yestreday, is it recent?
>official firecuckx changelog
where is it available?
>>
Use a third party download manager instead
>>
>>56934694
I don't have an issue with it?
Follow this link to download the extension.
https://mega.nz/meganz.xpi
>>
File: 0.png (15KB, 749x384px) Image search: [Google]
0.png
15KB, 749x384px
>>56934907
I can also use Chrome to use Mega. I am not so much asking for help but rather wondering if they really messed up that big.
>>56934931
>I don't have an issue with it?
it seem to stem from uninstalling the firefox extension. If you don't do that, I don't think you'd have issues in the first place.
>Follow this link to download the extension.
>https://mega.nz/meganz.xpi
Welp, that was useful. I don't even have a "download anyway" option.
>>
>>56934694
>Using MEGA
They've applied bandwidth quota of ~300MB for unregistered users
About 1.5 GB for users that use their extension
And I'm not sure about the registered users.
Also It auto-delete DMCA by using HASH, and log every download.
>>
>>56935036
I do not choose the hosting service used by the people who made stuff I want.
>>
>>56934798
I just threw "firefox changelog" at Google search:

https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/releases/
>>
File: 0.png (49KB, 602x835px) Image search: [Google]
0.png
49KB, 602x835px
>>56934931
>>56934995
Wait, nevermind, Trying to copy paste the link doesn't work, but clicking on the link, then reentering the address again allow to finally download the extension, but somehow, my browser now think it comes from 4chan. Weird.

Who the fuck encoded that?
>>
>>56935085
I had found that page, actually, but as there was no mention of Mega at all in it, I thought you were talking of something else.
>>
>>56935159
>https://mega.nz/meganz.xpi
It's also weird google doesn't provide that link.
>>
>>56935036
I feel like we are back to the time of Fileshare and Geocities.
>>
>>56935036
>check the time left and it say 06h 04 m and some seconds. left before I can download again.
>check a little bit later and it says now 06h 58 m left
>they didn't decrement the hours
It's like they just don't giv a fuck.
>>
>>56935159
So, how come the only way to get the extention is only through some weird trick?
>>
>>56938947
Why wouldn't they submit it to the official Firefox add-on site? The answer is obvious: it's a botnet. It wouldn't get approved. So they try to trick their users into installing it from their server.
Luckily, soon this will stop working as unsigned add-ons can't be installed anymore.
>>
>>56939307
>Luckily, soon this will stop working as unsigned add-ons can't be installed anymore.
I am not sure I am too keen on that. I don't like my browser telling me what I can or can't install. A warning is fair, but simply blocking and not letting me having the final word on whether or not I want to install something is a big no-no for me.

Also, it still doesn't explain the retardation of mega to require the extension if you want to acces the page where the extension is available.
>>
>>56935036
I didn't even know there was a limit, i've downloaded more than 25GB in a few minutes in the past as a guest and it didn't complain
>>
>>56934694

used to have problems with Mega, until i realized that javascript.options.asmjs = false in Firefox. Set it to true (default) and Mega worked.
>>
File: ss+(2016-10-05+at+06.38.09).png (18KB, 951x427px) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2016-10-05+at+06.38.09).png
18KB, 951x427px
meh
>>
>>56941201
>asmjs
What is this configuration about?
>>
>>56941201
It was already to true.

Beside, it's not so much that mega doesn't work, I was simply pointing out that it is not possible to download the Mega Firefox extension if you do no have the extension in the first place. If you don't have it, you can't access the web page at all. Which is stupid.
>>
>using firecucks

That shit's just horrible.
>>
>>56942343
Still better than Chrome.
>>
>>56943874
I've switched now to opera

its okay, until firefox gets finallyfast.com
>>
File: hurrr.jpg (9KB, 227x212px) Image search: [Google]
hurrr.jpg
9KB, 227x212px
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.