[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm a poorfag and I've been saving up for a new GPU.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: 1466964860960.png (65KB, 770x606px) Image search: [Google]
1466964860960.png
65KB, 770x606px
I'm a poorfag and I've been saving up for a new GPU. I'm thinking about getting a 1060 3GB. I don't care about running every new AAA game at 4K60FPS, just something that will let me run games like TF2 and Skyrim at a tolerable framerate without making it look like a PS1 game. How much of a bottleneck will I get with my current toaster?
>>
You'll be fine
>>
I used to run those on a core 2 duo from 2008 at decent framerate lol
>>
>>56933942
tf2 got a ton of updates from a ton of different valve employees and now the game is unoptimized as hell.
>>
The 1060 3GB is a good card... but the rest of your system is just a problem.
My recommendation would be to get the 1060 3GB, and then upgrade the rest of the system later.
It's okay to have a part that outperforms the rest since you'll be using it for a long time.
Your entire system needs to be updated though. CPU is too weak, 4GB of ram is simply not enough.

However, the 730GT you currently use is the biggest bottleneck and is a bigger bottleneck to your CPU than your CPU to a 1060 3GB.

What you need is money I'm afraid. A whole system upgrade would probably give you the best value.
>>
>>56933929
You should probably get a 4GB rx 460+used i7 2600 or i5 2500 instead. Should be similar price to what you're looking at?

Or maybe a used HD 7950?

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/amd-radeon-rx-460,4707-3.html
>>
>>56933966
Oh for TF2 and Skyrim a 1060 3GB is overkill. Personally I'd look into the used market. Look around for used 960s. You could probably get a good deal on one. Or even a 970.
>>
>>56933929
hey buddy, I think you accidentally typed /g/ instead of /v/y

I'm glad to help you friend
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.