[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I was playing a game of CSGO earlier and the frame rate dropped

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: 19-116-898-TS.jpg (35KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
19-116-898-TS.jpg
35KB, 640x480px
I was playing a game of CSGO earlier and the frame rate dropped from 200 to 35. At first I thought it was something server side ( I don't know why) but then I decided to open Speccy. My 4670 was running at 98 Celsius. Any idea what would have caused this out of nowhere? I'm thinking it either needs new thermal paste or the fan died.
Or the fan connector on the mobo took a dump. Any common shit that would be best to troubleshoot first? Thank you guys.
>>
>>56933432
Dust?
>>
Either your fan is dead, something is physically blocking it or your thermal paste expired months ago.
>>
>falling for the 22nm jew
>>
I will never play csgo again. I've made my peace with it. I have put it behind me.
>>
>>56933440
I will check in the morning.
>>56933445
That's what I was thinking. I'll open the case tomorrow and check the fan and to make sure everything is working mechanically. As far as thermal paste goes, I bought the motherboard and CPU from a friend as an upgrade from my FX 6300 a few months back, so I'm not sure when the last time the paste was changed.
If everything is mechanically sound I'll pick up some arctic silver and get this sucker back running. The fact that it was spontaneous and not gradual makes me think its mechanical, though.
>>
>>56933488
Thank you for the eulogy, friend. It is a time wasting succubi. I've been toying with Paladins, but I don't play all that much. Just something I do to waste time between errands and work.
>>
>>56933491
Just remove any dust from the fan and heater and then fire it up with side panel open. If that fan doesnt spin then you have a dead fan, otherwise you can check temperatures again and then replace the thermal paste if needed.
>>
>>56933496
I am never going to play it again. Its dead.
>>
>>56933511
Ok! Thank you guys for all the suggestions! I appreciate it.
>>
>>56933543
How long did you play to make you decide that you were done? What happened to put you in such a dark place?
>>
>>56933638
thats rich. instead of being a game about pure skill you gamed every single MM with your shills. you gamed it so i win games when i am in your favor and loose games and rank when im not in your favor. you went as far as to set a 2 game maximum per night and if i went over 2 games, your shills would turn against me and i would for sure loose the game and whatever rank.

Now that all else has failed, you come out with this fucking turd, this last carrot in your bag. I won't do it. I won't let you have it over me like this anymore.
>>
>>56933695
dont even get me started on your rampant and absolutely shameless cheating. You're conduct is a complete disgrace to the game.
>>
>>56933440
The only CPU intense map is Nuke, not Dust
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.