[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Yesterday decide to boot into Windows to check what's

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: 1428151099677.jpg (187KB, 598x465px) Image search: [Google]
1428151099677.jpg
187KB, 598x465px
>Yesterday decide to boot into Windows to check what's new in the anniversary update
>Windows update breaks itself trying to update a printer driver I've never installed
>Follow long instructions on Microsoft's website about how to reset windows update
>They don't work. Be told to download an executable that resets it
>Run the script
>Now Windows update encounters a different error
>Be told to run some built in windows executable that repairs system image
>It takes about an hour it says it can't reach the source of images (download progress bar is at 40%)
>Oh well, click on the next one of Microsoft's countless help pages for this 1 issue
>It's the same instructions I've followed before, but the page has a section telling me that I can download a standalone upgrade executable
>It spends a good while downloading and preparing updates, says I need to reboot
>Reboots to a blank screen
>I can see the hard drive being accessed sporadically, but there's no other indication that it hasn't crashed
>It's late, I go take a shower, make myself a cup of tea, come back to the computer to see it still with a blank display accessing the hard drive every now and then
>As I reach for the power button, I see it starting access the drive much more intensively
>It reboots again, now to a solid colored screen with a progress percentage indicator
>After another ~20 minutes, It's rebooted to desktop
>I open the Windows update utility and press on the 'check for updates' button and go to sleep
>Wake up in the morning and see it has rebooted again
>Open the Windows update utility and press 'check for updates', it tells me there's another cumulative update to install
>Install, reboot, check for updates again
>After 5 more minutes of checking it finally tells me I'm up to date
Wow, the previous time I tried updating Windows it took me well over 24 hours and this was only maybe 12. They're definitely improved something. Is it that Linux subsystem they now have?
>>
>>56932664
Must be
>>
>>56932664
Just werks.
>>
>Being too retarded for Windows
Why are Linuxtards so fucking stupid?
>>
>using windows update
>>
Last time I updated Windows it destroyed my boot parameters.
>>
>>56934626
>too stupid for Windows
You fucking wut m8?
>>
File: 1474560064729.png (3MB, 1535x2638px) Image search: [Google]
1474560064729.png
3MB, 1535x2638px
>>56932664
>2017
>Using winPOO
LMFAO My sides you deserved all these
>>
>>56934626
i had this happen,
>install Anniversary Update on Enterprise
>restart to abbly ubdates :DDDD
>restart
>blackscreen
>end up nuking the hdd with sudo rm -rf / from live usb
>>
>>56935354
MADMAN
>>
>>56934626
>I'm a 1337 wangblows user XDDD
0/10 dumb winbabby
>>
>>56932664
I didn't have any issues with the update itself, however I did forget that the updated started on my shitty laptop the last time I used it and I had to wait an hour and a half in class while it updated before I could fucking use the damn thing.

More my own fault, but I never had an update take close to that long.
>>
>>56932664
This oddly resembles my experiences back when I ran Gentoo. Live in fear of updates.
>>
MOM! Cancel my meetings. Windows update made something happen again!
>>
>>56935354
>motherboard fucked up because of faulty UEFI implementation
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.