[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is the 6 Plus still worth it? I know Apple supports their devices

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: iPhone-6-Plus-1800.jpg (341KB, 1858x1627px) Image search: [Google]
iPhone-6-Plus-1800.jpg
341KB, 1858x1627px
Is the 6 Plus still worth it? I know Apple supports their devices pretty far back, but my sister is complaining that her's is getting slow/crappy. Not sure if that's just because she's retarded or the phone is actually starting to show it's age.

Looking to jump ship from Android but I don't want to pay the full price tag for a new iPhone.
>>
i *still* have a regular old 6 and i don't see myself replacing it in the next year. maybe not for another 2 years, but it's hard to predict that far out with smartphones. nothing seems to be nagging me right now (the battery life had deteriorated, unsurprisingly, but replacing the battery was actually pretty easy - i opened my phone for the first time a little after the iPhone 7 announcement and replaced the battery within about 20 minutes.
>>
>>56932567
It's getting slow because iOS 10 is made to run like shit on devices from 2014. It's their typical two year cycle shit. If you stay on iOS 9 you'll have few problems in that sense but will have to eventually deal with a lack of app support.
>>
>>56932597
Oh, and I'm using a 6 on iOS 9 still. Works just as well as it always has, though I'll probably switch soon out of boredom, this is now my sixth year with one of two iPhones.
>>
>>56932597
what's running like shit? i'm >>56932594 and i've been running with iOS 10 since something like beta 5 (i think they reached beta 8 or something before releasing it publicly), and nothing seems noticeably sluggish or broken.

apple used to be able to convince people that their device was horse shit as soon as the new one came out. it was either the retina display or the fingerprint sensor or something. now it seems like they just can't sell customers on the killer features that headline their new phones. the 6S has force touch but i haven't seen any implementations of it that strike me as that different from "long press" as an alternative. what's the 7's killer feature? a better camera? that doesn't seem as far-reaching as the other headline features were from previous generations.
>>
I dislike the plus versions, but yeah, the 6 and SE are better than the 7
>>
>>56932629

I guess it's the processor that's divided for lighter and heavier tasks
>>
>>56932734
Why? The bigger screen makes them better for gaming/typing/youtube and general usage.
>>
>>56932804
slightly too large for my tastes
>>
>>56932764
ahh yeah. i suppose i'll have to wait and see if/how that plays out, but my intuition when i heard about it was that it should really improve battery life, but reviews don't make it sound that revolutionary. like battery life is a bit better, but not that much.

it seems very likely that the 7 is just so much faster, but consequently more power-hungry, and the asymmetric cores help manage that, which is all fine and good, but i wasn't on board with the original premise that we needed much faster cores in the first place. i'm honestly struggling to think of anything on my phone that's held back by the CPU (or noticeably failing me in any way).

maybe this is something that i wouldn't understand until i had it, but again apple did an amazing job of convincing customers that they needed a thing they'd never had before (like touchID; i'd bet anything that fewer than 10% of people had used a fingerprint reader more than 5 times in their lives, and yet apple effectively convinced people that they needed a phone with one in the span of like a year. can we agree how fucking nuts that is?), but now it just doesn't seem like they've got that skill.
>>
6S plus is still faster than any phone out there. It's ridic.

I'm sticking with my 6 until next year's refresh and even that thing is still fucking screaming on iOS 10. Battery lasts forever too.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.