[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /g/uys I am in a machine learning class, and we need to implement

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: sat-ai-head-640x353.jpg (49KB, 640x353px) Image search: [Google]
sat-ai-head-640x353.jpg
49KB, 640x353px
Hey /g/uys I am in a machine learning class, and we need to implement AI somehow for our final project,I want to wite a program thatll learn to play games, but i dont know how to read data from the screen.

Are there any good libraries or programs I can use thatll help me do that?
>>
>>56930837
look up learnfun & playfun
don't read from screen, that's asking for trouble.
>>
>>56930837
Why not look up an open source emulator? I found an nes emulator written in JavaScript once and it was pretty easy to just read it's memory since it was all just in an array. Figure out where the framebuffer is in ram and it's pretty easy to extend and process it during emulation. Just find an emulator in your chosen language and for a chosen system and extend it with your ai routines.
>>
What sort of games?
>>
>>56930837
#void.read.data.from.screenai.
type.invent.new.way.no.errors.allowed.

thats the AI for you
>>
Teach your AI to read from the screen using machine vision :D
>>
I agree that you should probably avoid reading the screen. but if thats not an option for some reason your gonna want to look into computer vision OpenCV is a decent place to start. Pain in the ass to install on a windows machine. I would recommend a linux or unix.
>>
>>56930837
reading from the screen isn't really the hard part, you can hook into directx/opengl and capture output pretty easily afaik. the issue is you'll be doing a bunch of image recognition on top of having to develop gaming AI. you should probably just train your AI on a custom game that you can communicate directly with, or get a program to examine memory like cheat engine and try to figure out where relevant data is stored.
>>
Teach your ai to shitpost on 4Chan so that Hiroshima can ban everyone and use bots instead of us to save money
>>
>>56933114
this. do this.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.