[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Name one way AMD is objectively better than Nvidia In other words,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: 1473598445537.png (28KB, 1466x752px) Image search: [Google]
1473598445537.png
28KB, 1466x752px
Name one way AMD is objectively better than Nvidia
In other words, no arguments like
>I buy AMD cuz they da good boi
>le 3.5 xD
>>
>>56923008
Price/performance
>>
Drivers mature with AMD to the point where my old 280x was in line with a GTX780, this should not be possible.

Hoping my rx480 nitro will follow the trend.

Inb4
>AMD
>Drivers
>BF3 benchmarks of a 780 ahead of a 280x
>>
>>56923008
Hardware is nearly always better on AMD side. Nvidia beats them out in sheer driver magic (helped along by varying levels of questionable bullshit) though.
>>
>>56923008
Open source adaptive sync

There's one!
>>
>>56923008
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aIbSeMcsOqA
>>
>>56923008
r9 270x was the coolest (as in temperature) card at its price point ,with significantly lower power consumption than the gtx 760. Performance was comparable , some games were better with the 760, some games with 270x.
I feel that 480 is also a comparable card to 1060 given that 1060 is a little better but costs ~20% more where i live.
Open source support is better at amd ,but still shitty.
Every older HD or r7 card seems to be better today compared to its counterparts at the time of release though. I dont believe its "nvidia gimping", but i believe that amd cards get their drivers optimized a few years after release, while nvidia cards do optimizations for latest cards only. My friend has a HD 7770 and its seems really usable today, i believe its something around 750ti performance, at release it was much worse. No shilling though , i use nvidia because of linux performance on non-free drivers.
>>
>>56923008
And then there's linux.
>>
>>56923008
>dx
>standard
Pick one
>>
>>56923043
This.

If an RX480 is 5% slower than a GTX1060, but 10% cheaper, it's a better value.

Though, to be honest, I just want a card that doesn't have DVI on it, because reasons.

May still break down and pick up a 1070 for a different project though.
>>
>>56926250

The RX480 is actually 10% slower than a GTX1060 not to mention it runs quieter and cooler and there is more headroom for overclocking.

The RX480 for it's price actually sucks dick.
>>
>>56923008
This is why /g/ hates gamers.
>>
>>56926810
>I use Nvidia because its objectively the better brand and no amount of whining of "but they cheated, its no fair!!!" from AMDbois can change this
>>
>>56926107
I'd just like to interject for a moment. What you're referring to as Linux,
is in fact, GNU/Linux, or as I've recently taken to calling it, GNU plus Linux.
Linux is not an operating system unto itself, but rather another free component
of a fully functioning GNU system made useful by the GNU corelibs, shell
utilities and vital system components comprising a full OS as defined by POSIX.

Many computer users run a modified version of the GNU system every day,
without realizing it. Through a peculiar turn of events, the version of GNU
which is widely used today is often called "Linux", and many of its users are
not aware that it is basically the GNU system, developed by the GNU Project.

There really is a Linux, and these people are using it, but it is just a
part of the system they use. Linux is the kernel: the program in the system
that allocates the machine's resources to the other programs that you run.
The kernel is an essential part of an operating system, but useless by itself;
it can only function in the context of a complete operating system. Linux is
normally used in combination with the GNU operating system: the whole system
is basically GNU with Linux added, or GNU/Linux. All the so-called "Linux"
distributions are really distributions of GNU/Linux.
>>
>>56927515
I'm terribly sorry for interjecting another moment, but what I just told you is GNU/Linux is, in fact, just Linux, or as I've just now taken to calling it, Just Linux. Linux apparently does happen to be a whole operating system unto itself and comprises a full OS as defined by POSIX.

Most computer users who run the entire Linux system every day already realize it. Through a peculiar turn of events, I was misled into calling the system "GNU/Linux", and until now, I was unaware that it is basically the Linux system, developed by the Linux project.

There really isn't a GNU/Linux, and I really wasn't using it; it is an extraneous misrepresentation of the system that's being used. Linux is the operating system: the entire system made useful by its included corelibs, shell utilities, and other vital system components. The kernel is already an integral part of the Linux operating system, never confined useless by itself; it functions coherently within the context of the complete Linux operating system. Linux is never used in combination with GNU accessories: the whole system is basically Linux without any GNU added, or Just Linux. All the so-called "GNU/Linux" distributions are really distributions of Linux.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.