[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

https://hackernoon.com/how-it-feels -to-learn-javascript-in-

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: 1 raWO3dhM4jMjf9VY-kZzNg.png (208KB, 800x640px) Image search: [Google]
1 raWO3dhM4jMjf9VY-kZzNg.png
208KB, 800x640px
https://hackernoon.com/how-it-feels-to-learn-javascript-in-2016-d3a717dd577f

What should I learn instead of JavaScript? I'm tired of webpack, react, angular, npm etc etc
I wanted to do front end developer but not so sure anymore, is back end better?
>>
>>56917396
You don't have to do a single thing that dick bag said.

Also >>>/wdg/
>>
>>56917396
backend is way better
>>
why not just make simple things

just because there's a million ways to bloat up a website, that doesn't mean you have to use any of it
>>
>wants to use JavaScript
>doesn't know what ES versions are
The rest is valid but this almost ruins the entire argument.
>>
>>56917396
That's why the solution is to just roll your own. That's what I always do.

You really don't **need** any of that stuff. For small scale projects, download/serve your own dependencies, or load them from a CDN or whatever. And you don't really need a template engine. And you can just write Javascript and check type by hand. You don't even need jQuery, like this author seems to be hung up on. (just use fucking css, jesus) You want to grab data from a server? Just use XmlHttpRequest. You're supposed to do that on a separate thread, but callbacks aren't quite as unmanageable as they make it sound.

I tend to do things myself even when there's already a library to do it. You end up learning a lot, and it's better to actually know how to do something rather than knowing how to use this one little library.
>>
html5 ;)
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.