[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why doesn't microsoft fix this? It's truly the worst

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 5

Why doesn't microsoft fix this?

It's truly the worst part of their OS
>>
They really want people to move to 10
>>
>>56779923
worst part is actually the OS
>>
>>56779945
If they want people to move to 10 so why I still can't open selected file with spacebar?
>>
>>56779923
They're not professional developers.
>>
It's quite simple. They [spoiler]don't care[/spoiler].
>>
>>56779990
They're really not. All current are former testers "promoted". They now handle testing during deving. You can see how well that's going.

Also they don't care about feedback. Only if happens to align with something their higher up wants them to do.
>>
Use WSUS Offline
>>
>>56779945
but it just makes them move to linux instead.

>not wanting ot update ALL of your programs with a single line instead of having 30,000 programs each constantly calling back to home on their own just to ask if theres an update yet
>>
>>56782063
You wish. They'd rather run patchless windows than linux.
>>
>>56779923
Yeah, this shit happened to me on Windows 7. Both on my lap- and desktop. It's actually unfixable it seems. I gave it my best. Can't be bothered anymore. Haven't installed any updated in months now.
>>
You'd think windows should be able to update in a reasonably short amount of time considering how gnu/linux and the bsds manage with far fewer developers and servers. Nope it takes a good 30+ minutes to install a simple patch to fix some shit in fucking IE which no one uses and then you have to restart the entire OS for some reason.

Did anyone bother to tell Pajeet at Michaelsoft that Windows NT is supposed to be a microkernel? Why does seemingly EVERY update require a full restart?
>>
>>56780017
This.

If you're still running Windows at this point, realize you're now the product, not the customer.
>>
Does this happend on W10 btw? Or is it really them trying to force people to upgrade? Cause everything was working fine before W10 launched. A few months later? Completely dead.
>>
>>56782248
Nope. Only the "old style" updaters are getting this. Vista, 7, 8.1.
>>
>>56782270
I see. Subtle.
>>
File: 1474753102358.png (21KB, 366x291px) Image search: [Google]
1474753102358.png
21KB, 366x291px
>>
File: image.gif (6KB, 362x147px) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
6KB, 362x147px
I've been trying to update my 7 for the past 2 days. All I see is this now. Before it used to be 92 updates, so I guess there's some progress.
>>
microsoft windows has really gone down the drain under pajeet pootella
>>
So they really are actively trying to run this company into the ground, huh?
>>
>>56782315
installed a completely fresh win 7 sp 1 iso a few days ago
install https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3125574
and save yourself a week of bullshit hunting answers
>>
>>56780049
You mean that thing literally every industry does ever? No shit they do not do what benefits them. That is like putting a sack of money in front of a homeless man and saying for him not to take it after you walk away.
>>
>>56782139
its a "hybrid" kernel

which is just marketing speak, windows NT is basically a monolithic kernel
>>
microsuck is literal trash
>>
File: 1472937160601.jpg (45KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1472937160601.jpg
45KB, 640x480px
>you must restart to finish installing updates
>>
>>56782306
So what, it goes nowhere?
>>
>>56779923
This happened to me on my media pc. I restated it because a HDD was being really noisy and then it wouldn't boot up.
Everything looked normal but I wansnt getting any video output. It start working again after I left it for a few days. Not sure what happened.
>>
>>56782190
>>>/reddit/
>>
If you install fresh win7 today it takes the entire day to search and install all the updates.
>>
>>56782949
This is true. For me it takes multiple days to get all of the updates installed. This includes 25-100% cpu usage, aswell as >5GB of ram being taken up the entire time.
>>
>>56783455
*on a laptop,
which is completely unacceptable.
>>
>>56782853
They defend it friendo
>>
>>56782139
the problem is that your system is unuseable while it updates

linux updates in the background

winshit does this & includes such things as defragging / the registry, because they have absolutely no intention of changing anything within their base software -- it would take them 50 years to rewrite it, it is in such a mess

to write such 90s idiocy out of their system is impossible.

move to linux -- they are totally incompetent - always have been. they are operating infastructure that hasn't been fundamentally upgraded since XP

they tried to write a microkernel, a complete new approach, but abandoned it last after 13 years of trying

why the sudden interest in linux -- they haven't got a viable platform anymore -- their software base isn't maintainable. these updates are major bugfixes
>>
>>56783455
what an unbelievable pain

I recently upgraded majorly from 15.04 to 16.04 (mate) while playing movie, continuing to work ... 1 reboot later

these issues do not exist with linux

it is amateur stuff
>>
File: 1473104182027.png (94KB, 220x255px) Image search: [Google]
1473104182027.png
94KB, 220x255px
>updating
>>
Pro tip, The reason windows update is a pain in the ass is because of all the calculations that need to be done.

By merging updates into one package, this solves the problem.
>>
>>56785361
This.
Enjoy your spying on Win7 and 8

https://gist.github.com/xvitaly/eafa75ed2cb79b3bd4e9

You people are idiots.
>>
>>56785360
Exactly. I use linux on everything but this laptop.
The laptop is only used for school and banking, and I dont have time to read the source of every linux update to come out, so I just stay with windows on it and install nothing.

I reinstalled because I clicked on shit I shouldnt have.. I had no clue what I was in for.

5 reinstalls later I came to the conclusion that it isnt my install discs or recover partitions that were the probelm.
Also after the reinstall and even after if found the updates a few days later, I still have wifi issues. When the computer wakes up, it takes about 45 seconds to regain my wifi signal.
Whats the point in doing sleep mode if I cant do shit fast anyway..
>>
>>56783455
that is literally user error
>>
Kek, I can't even update my w10 install because I've disabled the antivirus and it wants to update it first.
>>
>>56785737
>Not using secure Linux for banking
>>
>>56785797
>loonix
>secure

Hehe good one ;)
>>
>>56785752
Explain how a freshly installed operating system cant into updating

>>56785797
Just said I dont have the time to read every bit of the source code on the off chance that some neckbeard goes rouge.
>>
>>56785977
>Just said I dont have the time to read every bit of the source code on the off chance that some neckbeard goes rouge.
Dude, MS doesn't even hide anymore that they spy on you. Same thing goes for Chrome which you probably use.
>>
>>56782315
Slow update check and garbage happens on fresh installs too. Search fix slow windows update and do the shit from reddit that comes up. Sysadmin or /r/windows I forget. June windows update agent and another update or two manually fixes it.
>>
>>56785997
I use firecuck.
And ms wants my search history and emails. Neck beards want everything else including my bandwidth and to use my ip as a proxy.
>>
>>56786057
>Neck beards want everything else including my bandwidth and to use my ip as a proxy
You are an idiot. Check out your Internet traffic and compare MS to Linux. Windows telemetry is cancer.
>>
>>56786051
https://m.reddit.com/r/windows/comments/4nwtz4/quick_fix_for_slow_windows_7_update/?utm_source=mweb_redirect&compact=true
>>
>>56786074
I have, and its a serious problem.
Something tells me you haven't read source code for malware before. Allot of it is really short and simple.
Microsoft is less likely to cross that like than a normal person, say someone who feels under-appreciated, like most linux devs are.

Also you're the retard.
>>
>>56782306
>please be true

if so this is some of the funniest shit i've seen in a while
>>
>>56782085
This, I'm running patchless 7.
>>
>Managed to help my mom reinstall Windows 7
>Used a remote desktop program to try and install updates for her (if only to block the anti piracy update and Windows 10 shit)
>Stuck on 0% downloaded
>Got her to stop the service, clear out the update folder, start it back up and try again over the phone instead
>Same shit
Let's hope adblock and MSE are enough.
>>
>>56779923
its worse on windows 7
>spend nearly 24 hours checking for updates
>>
>>56782352
if you could conveniently download all the updates standalone things would be much simpler.
>>
>>56779923
I'm lucky I got GWX Control panel bad DWS! :) so dank af
>>
>>56786719
http://download.wsusoffline.net/

I don't use Windows and I know this.
Thread posts: 56
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.