[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How come an app coded by one faggot in his basement is faster

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 4

How come an app coded by one faggot in his basement is faster and more stable than multimillion dollar apps coded by armies like fb and twitter
>>
Because it's not faster or more stable
/thread
>>
because they dont give a flying fuck nigga
>>
>>56694346
Because that faggot cares about the final product.
>>
>>56694346
Social media apps run your battery down quickly to cut conversations off early and build a dependence in the user. It's conditioning.
>>
>>56694377
We /x/ now?
>>
File: leonardpowersmagic.png.png (210KB, 337x386px) Image search: [Google]
leonardpowersmagic.png.png
210KB, 337x386px
>>56694346
magic
>>
>>56694346
Generally speaking: Quality comes from skill and hard work. A thousand lazy idiots will not reproduce Shakespeare.
>>
Fdroid Clover update when?
>>
Why would anyone use an app for this shithole?
>>
>>56694507
You ain't shitpost till you shitposted on clover

It's like your gliding through shit
>>
File: images(9).jpg (10KB, 260x194px) Image search: [Google]
images(9).jpg
10KB, 260x194px
>>56694435
Fuck off, falcon
>>
>>56694346
Lack of a botnet (in the app at least)
>>
>>56694346
Because it's not full of a bunch of bloated code
>>
>>56694435
Filtered
>>
>>56694346
Whats the point of using an app for 4chan when the mobile browser version works fine?
>>
>>56696170
That's what I thought before getting used to clover.

All in all it's much more comfy, and there's the possibility to bookmark threads which comes in handy.

Plus material design is always nice.
>>
>>56694346
It's a lot simpler and doesn't do much
>>
>>56694507
because android

everyone else who is on a real platform uses userscripts
>>
>>56694397
We've always been /x/ with technology.
>>
>>56694346
probably not doing a bunch of datamining background tasks and advertising helps
>>
Never see it
>>
>>56694346
It's really not and you're begging the question here.
>>
Because Floens is a God tier imageboard maker.
>>
>>56694346
Floen, if you are here, I would like to thank you for Clover
>>
>>56694507
Everything else is terrible
>>
>>56694507
Because using a API is faster and less consuming than using a website.
>>
>>56694346
FLOEEENNSSSS
>>
File: Screenshot_20160920-112804.png (250KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20160920-112804.png
250KB, 1080x1920px
Cause pic related.

Lack of datamining bullshit. Pure content.

The app has a simple objective. View posts aesthetically and make posts easily. That's all it has to do. Nothing is happening in the background except thread watcher.

No location tracking. No cross checking your cookies to match you with ads. No bullshit.

Of course this comes with no revenue generation either.
>>
>>56696888
>he doesn't disable the FAB
>>
I use Chanu currently, is it worth switching to Clover?
>>
Dudes, is the Mimi 4chan app any good? I can't find clover on the app store anymore
>>
>>56697403
>app store
You do know you can get apps that aren't on the app store, right?
>>
>>56694373
this
>>
>>56697403
Download F-Droid

Also enable downloads not from playstore

Find clover on Fdroid

Install and use it
>>
Next version literally fucking when
>>
Small teams usually make better software. Production can move faster if there are fewer assholes looking to force their vision on the others.
>>
>>56694346
Because NEETs actually do things with passion rather for money.
>>
>>56694507
The normie cancer invading 4chan.
>>
I would say it's from the coding proscess they use which cross references what you click or view on more. Also having other Windows open they send info bugs into your pages for more targeted advertising
>>
>>56694422
Automagically*
>>
>>56694346
>no way to display /g/, /co/ etc. instead of actual board names
>no way to disable vibrations when watching a thread
These two things are really upsetting for me.
>>
>>56697854
>vibrations when watching a thread
Dude what? Turn off background watching, I guess, that'll get rid of notifications.
>>
Because multimillion dollar apps take up 100 times more resources for their botnet.
>>
>>56697880
>turn off a feature you like to use in order to not have to deal with this retarded feature that's forced on to it
the most you can do is set it so it only vibrates when someone replies to you, and that's it
>>
I'm still on the black icon clover version.
I don't if it's placebo, but every time I install the newest version I notice it is slightly faster but makes my N5 heat up excessively.
>>
>>56697385

You'll lose the gallery overview, but I'd say it's generally better otherwise. Why not just try?
>>
>>56694507
this, what if someone saw my phone?
>>
>>56696170
The app is much faster and makes everything a lot easier. Sure you could accomplish this with some browser plugins, but this is still faster from my experience and doesn't require bloating up your browser. Try using it for a week and you'll notice how comfy it is.
>>
>>56697964
Why would you not lock it?
>>
This cancerous """"app""" has brought more shitposting to this board than 10 Australias. Mobilefags need to die.
>>
>>56698094
Literally could've been remedied by adding a startup board adder instead of having a default board.
>>
>>56698094
>This cancerous """"app"""
lol
>>
>>56694377
Why doesn't grindr drain my battery fast?
>>
>>56698163
No matches. You're too ugly
Thread posts: 55
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.