[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do AMD cards run hotter and louder than Nvidia? Even great

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

File: 1474211486586.png (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1474211486586.png
1MB, 1920x1080px
Why do AMD cards run hotter and louder than Nvidia?

Even great AIBs like Sapphire run at about 10-12 DBAs higher and roughly 10-15 degrees hotter than MSI or EVGA's 1060 and they're cheaper or only $10 more.

What the h*ck /g/?
>>
>>56679730
what year are you stuck in? the table has turned
>>
Why does it bother you OP? Just put on your panties and knee socks if it gets too hot
>>
>>56679730
pro tip, evga cooler were never the best in nvidia offerings in price/performance
>>
>>56679797
post pics too
>>
File: AMD HOUSEFIRES MIRITE.png (179KB, 1000x738px) Image search: [Google]
AMD HOUSEFIRES MIRITE.png
179KB, 1000x738px
>>56679730
Dumb animeposter.
>>
>>56679730
they run maybe 5c hotter with polaris at most. stop memeing
>>
>>56679875
So, it's both half as loud and cooler under load? Looks like the 1060 is the superior choice there, m8.
>>
>>56679730
Because Nvidia cards don't have a hardware scheduler. They are missing a lot of shit for proper async computer which is a big thing with Vulkan/DX12. Expect them to be on the same level next generation.
>>
>>56679875
you just proved my point lad
>>
>>56679902
It requires a change of +10dB for something to be perceived as twice as loud. Nice try though, buddy.
>>
>>56679934

No he didn't. You claimed a difference of 12 decibels and 15 degrees. Where does it say that on those charts?
>>
>>56679974
But they're still louder and run hotter!
>>
>>56679875
>buying reference cooler
>>56679932
assuming devs actually implement async on more games. I'd expect the number of them to stay small through the life of the 10XX series, they skyrocket when gameworks/11XX series gives it the green light.
>>
>>56679991
Is that so?

>>56679993
>buying reference cooler

Those charts are comparing the MSI Gaming X model of both cards, you dumb autist.
>>
>>56679730
this is simple useless cum dumpster, nobody wants a unique player in the vga market.
it's still pretty hard for you to understand?
>>
does running a video card monitoring program have any performance benefits if i'm not overclocking? or is its only purpose to monitor temperatures and overclock speeds?
>>
>>56680039
The R9 Fury X is an exception, not the rule.

Also

>Comparing AIB cards to FE ones
>>
>>56679730
They run the same.

You're not supposed to compare reference cards with aftermarket ones. Apples to apples, orange to orange. It's not that hard.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.