[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

given on how this phone can turn into a computer in like 10 seconds,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

given on how this phone can turn into a computer in like 10 seconds, why didn't microsoft market stick an x86 processor in this phone and market it to poorfags as a light gaming multimedia facebook machine? I mean it theoretically has the power to run NFSMW and GTA IV.
>>
>given on how this phone can turn into a computer in like 10 seconds

How? Not meming, genuinely asking.
>>
>>56676670
continuum port. you can't install any x86 apps tho because ARM snapdragon processor so you're limited to the shit in the microsoft store. (which is mostly shit btw)
>>
>>56676643
>x86 phone
intel failed at that

>has the power to run NFSMW and GTA IV
based on what? GTA IV ran like shit even on some high end pcs at that time
>>
>>56676670
You get a dock like thing, which will give you a windows RT style desktop with an external keyboard and mouse. The start menu is the same but under the hood it'll only run Windows store apps.
>>56676643
I can imagine it would be quite the operation to get windows phone to run on x86. Add in that windows phone 10 was already suffering massive development issues and you've got some serious challenges.
>>
>>56676708
but they've supposedly unified all three OS' (xbox, smartphone and desktop) so shouldn't they theoretically be able to run on the same hardware?
>>
>>56676688
>>56676708
That looks pretty comfy actually.

Do Microsoft phones have Adblocking solution?
Are those Office Word/PowerPoint/Excel/OneNote the same as the 2016 desktop versions or are they some shitty, lightweight 'apps' from the store?
>>
>>56676703
the SD808 and SD810 supposedly have as much graphic power as the ps3 and the xbox 360, which makes sense given that it's 10 years old technology.
>>
>>56676797
> supposedly
Who's going to port those games? Your grandma?
>>
>>56676807
dude, it can turn into a fucking DESKTOP. would you actually even need to port games if it had an intel soc?
>>
>>56676764
It can even done wirelessly iirc. AdBlock only if you interop unlock.
Office applications are lightweight versions
>>
The supremely comfy feature is that you can stream Xbox games on your w10 phone that is connected to the monitor
>>
>>56676643
Because there are no competitive x86 cpus
>>
It's one of those ideas thats 5 years too early. In 5 years continuum like features would be considered standard on Android (core OS not a quirky extension), No idea about iOS, and who knows maybe even Ubuntu phones will be more popular. Which also has a similar docking feature.
>>
>>56676918
so it actually replaces the need for an xbox 360? thats actually pretty cool.
>>
>>56677157
Supposedly you can carry a wp10 phone and an Xbox controller and you can play your games on any screen
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.